main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unknown Species in ROTJ

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Dirty-Darth, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Ok, during the Rebel Briefing there are a few humanoid aliens sitting to the upperleft of Han and the crew(To us the upper right of the screen). They can be seen very well and upclose when Leia and Luke talk after they hug. I was just wondering if anyone knew what species this was. They arent in the ROTJ databank, Ive gone through all the species.

Any/All info is appreciated, even EU since there is really nothing movie wise. And if this is in another topic, just point me to it and I'll be on my way.

2. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Does his head look all wrinkly like a giant raisin?

3. Sanctuary_Moon

Sanctuary_Moon Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2004
    I think you're referring to the "Prune Faces", but I'm afraid I don't know their actual species name.

4. Sanctuary_Moon

May 20, 2004
  5. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    So funny...back in the eighties, those of us who had the Prune Face action figure assumed that he was in Jabba's palace somewhere. Little did we know that Prune Faces were good guys!

Another weird fact...the figure came with what looked like an old-style "Davy Crockett" kind of gun (it was even colored brown) and much later, in one of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game Alien Guides, we finally learned exactly who and what these guys were. And the writers picked up on the "primitive" weapon of the figure and made the Dresselians (the official name of the PFs) utilize bullet-shooting weapons.

6. Sanctuary_Moon

May 20, 2004
    Dead right 4LOM, I had the figure and would never have thought he was one of the Alliance! If memory serves me correctly, didn't the Dresselians supposedly go to Endor with the strike team?

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yep.

With the figure I had as a kid, I always used to call him Peanut-Head. lol

8. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Originally Ackbar's species were going to be just another alien in Jabba's palace but Lucas liked the look so much that he picked them to be with the rebels for the Battle of Endor.

9. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    You can see him at the celebration at the end of ROTJ.

For years, many people mistook him as a cameo by E.T. (phone home).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.