main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unless it Conquers Us--Major ESB AU, mostly H/L--Author's note 3/31, on hold

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Woot!! She's back in the right hands.

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great they got Leia back now what about the Falcon?

3. Fortherea

Fortherea Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2003
    hm, training seems to be postponed. But I bet Leia is trying to acquire the skills needed to kill Vader anyway.[face_skull]

it took me a looong time to get the WASH LIVES! thing... I was thinking lives as in plural of life. WHY on earth should someone want to wash lives? Whose lives? Who's supposed to wash them? And then it hit me. :oops:

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    it took me a looong time to get the WASH LIVES! thing... I was thinking lives as in plural of life. WHY on earth should someone want to wash lives? Whose lives? Who's supposed to wash them? And then it hit me.- Um... that's nice. I STILL have no idea what that means. [face_blush] :confused:

And back to the story... LEIA'S ONBOARD THE FALCON!! *does Happy Dance of Joy* Now she will get all better and everything will be okay. Right? [face_batting]

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, she's get all better and everything will be... Ishy. That's all I'll say.

Well, she'll want to acquire the skills. What she does, however, is something you'll just have to look at. LOL at the confusion.

Still back on Hoth.

Thrilling, ain't it?

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Ooooh, I was looking forward for the brother-sister reunion! :D But, Leia, you were spooning with Han for a while, why so shy now?

7. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Yay! Normal speech, and mush! That wasn't the end of the story was it? :(
    Do the twins know they're twins yet?

:D

8. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Things seem great now, but I'm worried about the Ishy-ness to come...

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Good thing--otherwise, you might go insane with the lack of expecting things to get bad.

OH, it was most certainly not the end of the story. THis is just the calm before the storm, believe me.

Because her brother's chaperoning.

10. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Yeah, Han's hands!!! I missed these last two posts, but when a YT-1250 was mentioned, I thought of Han, even though the ship name "Lady Luck" belongs to Lando.

Great posts, DarthIshtar, glad to see Leia back where she belongs. I wonder what kind of trouble Han & Luke will be in, though, for pulling a stunt like that.

11. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
  12. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Leia's back! OMGYAYLIEKWOAH!!1!1 [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

Ok, Ish, now where's the hidden pack of badness explosives? :p

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awakening on the fourth day was much easier, since the haze of narcotics had seemed to ease considerably and the long-overdue medical attention was already making improvements. Even more encouraging was the fact that she finally had an appetite.

"We've got something more comfortable for you to wear once you're hosed down," Han supplied as she pulled herself into a standing position with great difficulty, "and something vaguely edible for breakfast."

"Vaguely edible is fine," Leia responded through gritted teeth as she pulled the offered robe over her nightgown. "How long to the base?"

"An hour," Luke assured her. "Are you sure you don't want help getting..."

"Stop playing the overprotective brother," Leia chided.

Abruptly aware of what she had finally acknowledged, she stopped dead in her tracks, her breath freezing in her throat. His smile suggested it did not inspire the same sort of panic, but she could not understand why.

"I was wondering if he'd told you as well," Luke said at last, confirming her suspicion.

"What do you want with me? I have nothing of value to tell you and you can't turn me into your spy, so why will you not kill me?"

"I will not turn on you in that manner. No father can do that his child."

"No human can tell a lie such as that. My father died with Alderaan, as I should have."

"Then, why do you have two mothers and no knowledge of why Bail feared me?"

"The same reason every oppressed person despises you. You are Vader."

"I am Skywalker, or I once was, and you are as well...

"As your brother is."

Her words caught behind a shuddering breath that hurt to expel. "He told me everything," she countered at last.

His hand wrapped around hers once more, pulling her gently towards the 'fresher. "He told me enough," he explained.

"Enough to change everything," she added.

His smile was a brave attempt at reclaiming normalcy, but it was something that neither of them would ever achieve again. Still, she appreciated the attempt.

"Not everything," he protested. "Not the way I care about you."

"No," she agreed, "just the reason why."

Finally, the smile became more genuine. "Does it really matter?"

I have nothing to live for. I have nothing left in me to give and I cannot be diminished more.

"I suppose not," she sighed. "Nothing matters at all."

14. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Sweet Leia and Luke! :)

15. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Nothing matters? [face_worried] *sniffs* Of course it does! Han matters! [face_love]

16. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Exactly, PT!

17. Culf_the_Sith

Culf_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2005
    I've been catching up with this story, and as much as I like the forms, the way the last chapters have been written was great as well. Gives you a moment to relax.

18. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh Leia!! You have Luke and Han to live for!! Love them and take care of them and cuddle Han and boss Luke around!!

I love it Ishy, more soon please! [face_dancing]

19. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Great L/L interaction. You know maybe she and Han had a thing and the babies are really his. How about it?[face_praying]

20. Novahawk9

Novahawk9 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 21, 2005
    Catching up and loving it!

I'm glad Han was the one who was there when Leia awoke.
    That was great.

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    dm1--LOL, yeah, Han and Luke will probably get a tongue-lashing that is only forgivable by the fact that it worked!

Golden_Jedi--Thanks!

PonyTricks--Han matters a lot.

Liesl--LOL, glad we all agree.

Culf_the_Sith--LOL, the calm before Hurricane Katrina, I think is the best way to explain the relaxation you've been feeling.

AvenKiel--Glad you got the cuddling and bossing in the right order. :) And here comes more.

kimmi--Wrong story, hon. Sorry! But thanks!

Novahawk9--Glad you're enjoying!
    "I think you should go out first," Han suggested.

Leia regarded him first, then looked suspiciously at Luke's eagerly concurring expression. "Why?" she asked.

They exchanged wary expressions that suggested that neither wanted to invoke her wrath. Luke apparently was more inclined to be the sacrificial nerf.

"Because Rieekan will want to strangle us both..."

"Rieekan didn't approve this?" she exclaimed.

"Not exactly..." Han confessed sheepishly.

"Good!"

They exchanged another look, this one suggesting exasperation. "That's gratitude for ya," Han grumbled. "Did you forget that we just saved you?"

"You put me ahead of the Alliance," she shot back. "Not very practical."

Luke nodded. "I put the Alliance's need for you ahead of the Empire's," he corrected. "I think that's what will keep Rieekan at bay."

Without another comment, she preceded them down the ramp, to find Rieekan grinning without a trace of malice. Striding forward, he enfolded her in an unnecessarily tight embrace, but she didn't protest or mind much.

"I knew you were coming," he murmured, "because those two wouldn't dare come back in a practically-stolen ship unless they had you."

She managed a roll of the eyes, despite the strong urge to let the tears come. "So they indicated."

His hand came up to cup her chin, turning her face from side to side to evaluate the damage. "You held up better than I would have expected."

Better than they expected, too.

"I survived," she said quietly. "The details of how can come later."

For once, he managed a broad grin. "I never thought I'd see the day that you'd actually agree to do something sensible," he teased.

She didn't want to explain that she was too exhausted to argue, too wary to put her feelings into the open. Instead, she simply nodded.

"A few things have changed," she admitted.

22. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Leia's back at the base. [face_dancing]

That's "where the fun begins." ;)

23. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Well, she's back. Let's see what happens next. :)

24. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    *another sigh* I think for every angsty story you write, it should be required you also write a happy story to balance out the universe. :p

25. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    I love Rieekan. Exactly the kind of father figure Leia needs. Or not. I guess she's got a few too many fathers right now.

Excellent reunion scene. Can't wait to see what goes on now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.