main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Unlikely Pair (Jag/Kyp Buddy Challenge *Second Place*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lt_Jaina_Solo, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Title: Unlikely Pair
    Author(s): Lt_Jaina_Solo
    Timeframe:
    Sometime post-Dark Journey
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Kyp Durron
    Genre: Action, Humor
    Keywords:
    Summary: Jagged Fel and Kyp Durron are unlikely partners without some form of a mediating force between them. So the question that begs to be answered must be asked: how well will they work together?
    Notes: Second Place at the Jag/Kyp Buddy Challenge, as hosted by the Jaina/Jag Index and the Jaina/Kyp Index.

Many thanks to TKeira_Lea for beta-ing this, and at last minute! :)

Disclaimer: All recognizable places, characters, objects, etc. are property of LFL. Everything else belongs to me. Please ask before borrowing.

?Ktah! Are you [i]trying[/i] to get us killed?!?

?Sithspit! Uh?I think I broke it??

?Broke what? The engines? The control panel?? The man delivered the words in the clipped tones of someone who?d been trained to never panic- not even in an emergency.

?Not quite sure,? the Jedi replied. ?It?s beeping and making strange noises.?

?Well, you are the Jedi. Use your awe-inspiring mystical powers to figure out what?s wrong,? his companion retorted, popping up from behind the speeder to return several shots. He ducked down as blaster bolts whizzed past them, some embedding themselves on the far side of the speeder and creating red-hot spots of glowing metal.

?You know, it?s rather frightening how much like Han you?ve become,? Kyp remarked offhandedly as he bent down to fiddle some more with the speeder?s wiring.

?And it?s rather frightening how easily you become the most irritating person I?ve ever had the displeasure of running into in this galaxy,? Jag retorted as he crouched down next to the Jedi Master and began reloading his blaster.

?Glad to know you hold me in such high regard,? Kyp shot back. ?I was beginning to fear that I was going to fade into anonymity, completely disappear from people?s memories, vanish from the accolades of history-?

?Durron!? Jag interrupted, glaring at his partner.

Distracted, the Jedi broke off. ?What?? he demanded. ?A moon falling? A fleet about to attack? What is it??

?None of the above. You were repeating yourself,? Jag informed him. ?It was getting rather annoying.?

?Sheesh, someone?s uptight. Missing your girlfriend sure puts you in a cranky mood,? Kyp commented.

?I am not-!? Jag stopped his thought suddenly, then began again. ?I am not in a cranky mood.?

?Does someone need a nap?? Kyp needled. ?Oh, shavit!? He hastily pulled his hands back from the control panel, and dragged Jag to the ground. An explosion, followed by hissing noises and a great deal of smoke, filled the air.

The two men glanced at the wreckage of the speeder. ?Brilliant, Durron. Absolutely brilliant,? Jag commented sarcastically. ?I think you?re enough to put even my father in a cranky mood.? He began to stand, then dove to the ground again. A series of bolts riddled the wall above his head. ?Well, all-powerful Jedi Master, what?s the plan??

?I thought I was the most irritating person you?d ever had the displeasure of meeting?? Kyp retorted.

Jag reached over and hauled on Kyp?s tunic. ?You- we- are going to come up with a plan to get off this forsaken rock. I am not dying on a planet where they have museums dedicated to the history of [i]teacups[/i], for crying out loud!?

?Take a breath, Fel. We?ll get out of here just fine and you?ll be back with your woman as if nothing ever happened,? Kyp reassured him, wrapping his fingers around the younger man?s wrists and pulling his fists away from his clothes. ?Just please, no violence directed at my person please.?

At that moment, the speeder they were taking cover behind shuddered, groaned, and then collapsed in a pile of metal and wiring. The two men looked at each other. ?Ru

2. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Congrats again on getting second place! =D=

This was just a great viggie! The banter was just perfect - there's just too much to quote again! :D

Congrats, too, on getting your license! :D

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    The vibrant purple glow became a sword of protection, weaving intricate patterns of light through the air as the Jedi blocked shot after shot. Jag shouldered his portion of the duty and began returning shots, forcing their assailants to take cover.

Cool to see Kyp and Jag fighting together in someone's fic :D

?So? Why do you always start a plan with ?you?re the Jedi? and I find myself facing the bad guys all by my self??

[face_laugh]

?When I?m flying with someone who holds a record on several planets for most ships or speeders crashed, I think I have a right to be a little paranoid.

[face_laugh]

Terrific fic, Lt :) Loved all the banter between Jag and Kyp. Definitely drove this fic and it was very funny [face_laugh] Was also nice to see Jag and Kyp working together but still having them get on each other's nerves ;)

Anyway, great job :D :)

And guess who got her license today!

Congrats ;) That's the best :) "You've taken your first step into a larger world" :p

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wonderful job!!! I really enjoyed reading this. Wonderfl protrayel of Jag and Kyp!!

And congrats on getting your license!! I just got my permit a couple weeks ago, so I have over a year :(

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Jags_Scoundrel:Congrats again on getting second place! =D=
    Thank you!

This was just a great viggie! The banter was just perfect - there's just too much to quote again! :D
    LOL [face_laugh] Thank you! [face_blush] :)

Congrats, too, on getting your license! :D
    Thank you! I think it's one of the things I'm most excited about this week :D O:)

YodaKenobi: Cool to see Kyp and Jag fighting together in someone's fic grin
    There will be more (if I ever get another story off the ground :p )

Terrific fic, Lt :) Loved all the banter between Jag and Kyp. Definitely drove this fic and it was very funny [face_laugh] Was also nice to see Jag and Kyp working together but still having them get on each other's nerves ;)
    Thank you! It was difficult to figure out what I was going to do for this challenge, until I realized that this (the way I ended up doing it) would work. I was a little unsure, but obviously, it came out well, if everyone's reactions are a guide :D

Anyway, great job
    Thank you :)

Congrats ;) That's the best :) "You've taken your first step into a larger world" :p
    Thank you! :D I was so nervous taking it, but obviously it came out well. And gasp! Just think, in a little more than a year, I'll be allowed to vote :eek:

NYCitygurl: Wonderful job!!! I really enjoyed reading this. Wonderfl protrayel of Jag and Kyp!!
    Thank you :) [face_blush] :D

And congrats on getting your license!! I just got my permit a couple weeks ago, so I have over a year
    Thank you! Sheesh, over a year? Where do you live? In my state, it's four months after you get your permit (once you turn sixteen) if you take a licensed driver's ed course, and six months if you don't. It's been eight months for me (but I did take driver's ed ;) ). And I know for my cousins (who live in Florida), they get their permits at fifteen, and licenses a year later...

More reviews? They can be my lifeblood ;) [face_mischief]

LJS @};-

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Upping this to thank everyone who nominated this vignette in the BYTS Winter 2005/2006 Fanfiction Awards!

[:D]

Of course, that means I have to go pick out an excerpt [face_shame_on_you] Shame, shame, shame. Anyone want to help me pick it out? O:)

[:D]

Best of luck to everyone else who has been nominated!

LJS @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.