main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA UNNOFFICIAL CHANEL 1 YR. MEMORIAL BBQ SUN 10/24

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AnasianSkywalker, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    October 25, 2004 at 5:45pm, would mark the 1 year anniversary of the passing of our beloved friend and founding SF Fan Force City Rep. - Chanel ?Padme_Skywalkr? Vanecek. So to honor her memory on this unfortunate occasion, I invite members of the Star Wars Fan Community that knew Chanel to attend a Hawaiian Themed BBQ Potluck (and with full cooperation and permission) at her mother Eva?s ( Sia Lan Wiezz) house on:
    Sunday, October 24th in Hayward, CA.
    Actual time of the event TBA at a later time.

This will be another time to get together; to celebrate Chanel?s life. And to just ponder what her legacy and her friendship meant to us, as we move forward into continuing it with Eva as well as through her daughter, Angelica.

So please RSVP on this thread or by PM-ing or e-mailing me or my brother Matt (Jedhead1) And if possible let us know what dish you plan to bring since this is indeed, a potluck..
    From there you will receive info for directions to Eva?s house.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW?.

*BTW - This is a NON-costumed function, but if you want to be a dressed as a Hawaiian Jedi, Rebel or Imperial then?yub, yub ;)

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Remember everyone, Chanel wanted us to celebrate her life. We've kept true to this in all of our events and functions but come this day, one year, we honor her directly. This is not a club event and this is totally casual. Thanks Dale for taking point on this important day.

3. sithlordblack

sithlordblack Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    Count me in. Let me know what you would like me to bring. Excuse me buy, Coz I ain't cooking.

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Besides food, please bring Hawaiian-themed decorations. I have a drum I got in Maui, as well as 8 tiki torches, but fortunately, we won't be voting anyone out. ;) Normally I would be more involved in planning an event like this, but in a way I wish I didn't have to.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Don't worry about it Matt.

6. TK-855

TK-855 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004

Sounds like a plan. Not sure what I will bring yet.

Bob

7. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    guess i can bring ribs again.

8. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I will be returning from Ireland on the 20th and you know I would love to be there, but I'm afraid I might still be suffering from jetlag...or still sulking after leaving this absolutely fantastic country. But as always, I am there in spirit.

(So far Ashford Castle was my favorite, Ming, but I've only been here a few days so far)

9. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    While Jos and I won't be able to be there, just know that we are thinking of all of you at this time. So, just "feel the Force" at the BBQ, and then at the other appropriate time and know that we are with all of you.

Kenobi/Kim and Ash/Josie

Chanel you are definitely missed, way too little time with you.

K & J

10. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    I know this has nothing to do with the upcoming BBQ, and I pray the weather holds up this coming Sunday... And I hope lots of you could make it. But since these days leading to the 25th are all about remembering Chanel, I thought you all should know this important factoid:

"10/17/03 1:55pm" was the last time EVER that she posted on these boards or TF.N in general.

**I know, morbid huh ? :( But as I try to stay positive during these days leading to the anniversary, it just hit me that she just also posted indirectly to me 2 days prior for what would be the final time...

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I know this may jumping the gun, but does anyone have ideas as to what to do for the "official" anniversary, which would be Monday, the 25th? I think someone (Erick?) wanted a beach bonfire, and there was also a suggestion of going to the Edinburgh Castle on Geary, where we went a few times.

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I had suggested going to where her ashes are kept but I heard Lardel (sp?) has them. A bon fire would be cool under the following conditions: The weather holds AND it's not too widy/cold, which on both counts I doubt. Maybe we should just go out for a dinner or something like Olive Garden or whatever.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    We discuss Monday's plans at the BBQ. I found out that there'll be entertainment at around 6 pm. :)

14. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I've been thinking about Chanel a lot this week. I'd love to make the barbecue, but it doesn't look like that is going to be possible. Know that my thoughts are with all of you this week.

Linda

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks, Linda. Please let everyone down there that knew her that if they'd like to, please have a moment of silence for Chanel on Monday, the 25th at 5:45 p.m. Say hi to everyone there for us as well.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If anyone needs the address, pls e-mail me, don't PM, please. If you are taking BART, get off at the SOUTH Hayward station, and call to get picked up. It's only five minutes away. It'll start around 4-ish and end no later than 9 pm, for you guys who have to work the next day. Don't forget food (pineapple and Spam - MMMMMM!) Decorations? Bring 'em if you got 'em. Oh, and bring your own lei! :)

17. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    We're gona get Leid!! :D

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Good seeing everyone today. It's officially a year today. Our galaxy became a little less brighter almost exactly a year ago but I'm sure Chanel is still lighting up the heavens else where representin SFFF style. Thanks for being a light in all our lives Five, fly fast and shoot straight! Miss you heaps...

19. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Just to let everyone know that we are thinking of Chanel and all of you today. And at 5:45 today, through the Force, know that we are with you and her.

Chanel..Know you are missed. One day we'll meet up again.

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks to everyone who attended yesterday, both physically and in spirit. A good time was had by all!

Missed you, Padme.

21. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    We were unable to attend, but we will be thinking of her and of you, Matt, this afternoon. I hardly knew her, but her warmth, her sense of fun, and her smile I will always remember. She will always be missed.

Michael & Kitty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.