main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Unoffical SW Day at Disneyland Still On?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master--Kenobi, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Not that I'm looking forward to this or anything. But there was a post about a Unofficial SW Day at Disneyland on June 25th (Sat.) Makeing sure it is still on. Was at the park a couple of days ago and some of us already got our hotel rooms. (And rooms are already going fast due to the 50th Anniversary Celebration).

So is it still a go? And if not lets make it a go. I can't remember who was in charge (JediRacer - Can I "blame" you for this?) I know it's early but enquiring minds want to know and our very small little group decided that this would be more fun than trying to fight the crowds on the actual 50th date. We already have our T-Shirts planned! <insert evil grin here>

So let's make it a official Plan. Everybody .."TAG" you all are IT! :)

Master "K"

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I would hope so. Too bad D-Land still has their "No Costume" policy (and yet little kids are allowed to run around dressed up in Disney costumes... hypocritical dudes at Disney... :mad: )

Hey, if all else fails, you and I can go, Master K. ;)

(Random SW/Disneyland fact of the day... If you go into the train station on Main Street and look at the giant map of the park on the wall, you can tell that it was taken in 1987. If you look at all the people (the tiny little specks on there), there's a HUGE crowd in Tomorrowland, because Star Tours just opened... You learn stuff when you randomly talk to the older guys who work there.) :p

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ohhh do I feel old now. Master Ash-Ton (Josie) and I were there at the opening celebration of Star Tours with a bunch of friends. Our Imperials had no prob wearing their full costumes, Jos was in basically one of her Leia outfits and I was in my Corellians. The only one that had any problems was our Chewie who managed to run around with just his furry paws on cause it was so incredibly cold that day/night. (We also got to ride the same "ship" as Lucas,Spielberg, et all - and of course MY seatbelt was the one that wouldn't come undone..fun and embarrassing to be applauded by THAT group when you are in almost full costume).

Also, when we were at the park for my Birthday last week, a friend of ours showed up in her almost full Jedi's...Robe, tunics, trousers and boots. No one said a word. We are planning our t-shirts cause it will be too hot for my robes, but we will sneak in what we can! So LETS GO DO IT!!!!! :)

See everyone there!

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    She's gonna kill me for spelling her name wrong
    It's Ash-Tohn...ok sorry...there fixed! :)

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm in... but it has to be after Episode III... I have a LOT on my plate before then.

6. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    We are working on getting a website up for everyone to refer to as we speak, err type. Hopefully, we'll be able to get that up soon. [Fingers Crossed]

7. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Cool... a website would be great. Now I'm still hoping <<Actually doing the Force Mind Whammy >> that it will STILL be on Sat, June 25, 2005.. Room reservations have already been made! :) Yeah, we have a bunch on our plate until after CIII too!

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You know, considering I've been to Disneyland more than 6 times this past year, I probably should get smart and buy the year pass, don't you think? :confused:

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Definitely get a pass. Thats what we are doing. And .....
    {Insert Ewan/Kenobi Voice Here...} :

I just noticed the time you posted, Padawan. Does your Master know that you are up at this hour? AND don't you have school?

Master K

( :) )

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL. You kidding? That's EARLY for me. ;) I only went to bed right after that because I have an 8 am class now. Last quarter, when my first class was at 11, I would go to sleep at 2 or 3. ;)

11. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Cool... a website would be great. Now I'm still hoping <<Actually doing the Force Mind Whammy >> that it will STILL be on Sat, June 25, 2005.
    Most likely :)

You know, considering I've been to Disneyland more than 6 times this past year, I probably should get smart and buy the year pass, don't you think?

Most definetely :D

12. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    Hello everyone!
    Here you all go!
    http://www.disneylandstarwars.com/
    hope to see all of you there!

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Awsome Website, Robeewankenobi! Never would have thought of putting those three shots togeather as Mickey! So when is the poster coming out! It looks great. Can hardly wait to see everyone there. Right now, not sure if Padme and Anakin can make it..yes, they ARE getting married, so they may be somewhere else during that time. (Hmm would rather be at a honeymoon than with his Master, just can't understand) Master Ash and I will be there along with The Emperor and his wife. And perhaps "Ben" and Mother Palpatine. Anyways...we have rooms booked and are already to go!

See everyone There!!!

Master k

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    What about Mom? ;)

15. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    why settle for a single day when you can have all the weekends of May and June! It'll be like C3.5! Keep looking at the link for updates.

16. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    THAT's why we are doing this. To try to get SW days either moved or have our own. Yes, WDW has been lording it over us in CA for years that they have SW days and we don't. (And the days that they have it tend to conflict with the majority our work schedules, which keep us from attending them.) In fact, I knew about them when they first started as our LA group (Not LA FF, but the original SW group) was contacted about portraying Han, Leia, Luke, et all for the first run, but we all throught it was someone yanking our chains and didn't know that the persons contacting us were actually representing Disney when they made that offer. Well, after they hired the look-alikes our group got the Offical from-the-mouse letter saying that they appreciated the fact that we considered it, but since we declined they had decided to go with open casting. Ok, so we blew it big time with that one. If they only hadn't been so secretive originally...oh well!

But never fear..inside sources reveal that we defintiely WILL be getting them, just don't know when, year, or even this century. But have been assured that they will be coming to Disneyland. So lets show our support and be there for even one day..and that one SW day could help bring many more.

:)

17. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Couldn't have said it better myself Master--Kenobi! We're gonna represent on the westsiiiiiiiiiide!

18. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    For those of us in Northern California, would it be possible to postpone this event until July? Many of us in the Bay Area have and will attend Comic-Con, so why not make it the day before, or the day after? Logistically and financially, as much as I want to, I'm not sure I can make it to So. Cal twice in less than a month... :(

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    You KNOW that we would love to see you guys there, common you are family. But, here is the bad news. July 17th is Disneyland's 50th Birthday and the hotels are totally booked for about a year in advance. There is even talk about allowing the line to get into DLand on the 17th starting the day before. But this doesn't have to be the only SW day. We can also look at other days. We can always meet up with you guys. We just need to work it all out.

We are planning on coming down to ComicCon too. But not entering the costume contest this year. We want to play in our outfits too! :)

20. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Exactly, the 50th birthday of Disneyland throws that plan all outta whack. Plus if we did it right before or after Comic-con that would put it on a weekday. This is the first year we're trying this. If we need to, we can adjust the date next year. :)

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well I saw some mega cheap packages from Seattle... it just \might work.

22. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Um... *waves uncertainly* I'm a brand-spanking new member to these boards and really trying not to violate netiquette. But I can't send a PM yet (because I'm so darned new) and wanted to get a quick message to Master_Kenobi.

You may not remember me, but we met at Baycon and SDCC last year... and I have video footage of your masquerade routines from both. I'm putting masquerade footage of my own group (One Ring Circus, and the pirate routine from Baycon) on a DVD for the members of my group...and I wondered if you'd like your own routines on DVD for yourself and YOUR group?

VERY sorry to break into the thread this way, and I'll not do so again. :( Please forgive the bad manners. I wish I could make it to the Disneyland date, but probably cannot, sadly.

*waves to fellow SW fans happily and disappears before her welcome is overstayed*

23. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Welcome Kai! Don't feel too badly about jumping into a thread. Hopefully your account is able to send PMs soon, that's a pretty important part of this place. ;)

I too wish I could go to Disneyland...but looks like that's a no-go. :(

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    KAI!!! Of course I remember One Ring Circus and the Pirate Group..you guys are our unofficial/official Partners-In-Crime!!!

I would absolutely love to have a DVD of the Routines we did at both BayCon and ComicCon. (So which of the One Ring are you?) I also found a wonderful pic of Frodo crashed out at BayCon I think. Found it on the web. As soon as you can PM let me know and I'll get my reg email to you. Have been wanting to stay in touch with all of you!

Thanks again and crash in any time!!!

(PS can we also beg <on knees begging as I type> for copies of both the One Ring routines and the Pirate Routines..they are great!) Thanks

Master K :)

25. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Thanks for the kind hellos! I'm glad I'm not going to be chucked out on my ear for abducting the thread momentarily!!! :)

Ok...Master--Kenobi...may I just say how HARD your group rocked at SDCC last year? WOW. I missed it "live" since we were sweltering in the Green Room, but my jaw hit the carpet when I finally saw the tape! WOW WOW WOW! Do you guys have the lightsaber mojo, or WHAT?

Anyway...to keep from hijacking the thread for any longer...if you go to "Google" and type "frodo costume" my page is the first one that pops up. You can get to my email directly from there. It'll take me 18 more posts here before I can PM, so this saves some time and random spammage from me! :) Oh. I'm "Frodo" from the One Ring Circus. I guess I answered that by implication just now, didn't I? (I'd love to see the photo you allude to!) And of course I can throw in our routines as well when I do the DVD. Thanks fer askin'!

- Kai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.