main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Unoffical SW Day at Disneyland Still On?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master--Kenobi, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Duh. I just made my email address visible from my profile page. Sorry, it only just hit me that I could do that.

*facepalm*

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey Thanks for the kudos. Course you guys/hobbits/Rangers/dwarfs/elves, etc are the ones that we look at and go.."If we could only look so good." So thanks for the complements, coming from you that means a lot.

Will get in touch with you through your site.

Also, as for the routines, we are going to be at Celebration III...does the words, "Faster, More Intense!" mean anything? :) And since you are on this thread. Whats the chances of you meeting up with us for the Disney SW Day? Common always room for more..specially when they are only about 3 feet tall! :)

3. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Well, it depends...I might be in (dun dun DUN!) Scotland at that time. If NOT...and I should be figuring this out soonish...I'd love to come and join the party! I might even have a Star Wars costume to sneak in by that time...one never knows. :)

Of course, the last time I tried to break out of LOTR mode, I wore a Psi-Cop outfit to Baycon and was stopped by the elevator (waiting behind a 1/3 replica of Jabba the Hutt, actually) by a gentleman who looked me up and down in my black suit, gloves, boots, hair pulled back and severe makeup, and stuck his face in mine and gleefully chanted, "HOBBITHOBBITHOBBITHOBBIT!" So much for getting away from stereotyping! LOL!

Anyway...working on a SW related costume, so wish me luck and I'll see about Disneyland. It sounds like MUCH fun...it's just a 6 hour commute.

(And WHY, after reading your 3' tall companion at Disneyland comment, do I now look down at your sig-line and think, "HEY!!!")

4. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    *small voice*

Master--Kenobi? I didn't scare you off, did I? Did I fan-girl you? I had no idea Jedi were so timid...

(Haven't heard from you...thought I'd sweeten the pot with the offer of some photos of you and Ultimate_Mamas_Boy at Baycon '04...)

Also...email: cstaehle@earthlink.net

Whaddevah. If anyone really wants my email, they can find it on my user page anyway! ;)

BTW, just to stay on topic...it's looking slightly more likely I could make it to the Disneyland shindig. From reading earlier, it sounds like costumes will be pretty dicey to sneak in to the park...have people been kicked out for daring to wear them before? Inquiring minds wanna know...thanks! (See, I can be on-topic...honest!)

- Kai

5. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    No Master Frodo, you haven't scared me off. Not by a long shot. Just had a busy weekend and was just sitting down to email you tonight! But hey, sweeten the pot anyways! :)

Well, as to the Disneyland question. A friend of ours wore her full Jedi's to Dland (outer Robes and all)..everything except the saber and no one said a word. In fact she got some "Thumbs up" from various people and cast members. We may try to sneak in semi Jedi clothing. I have been there in full Corellians before, with friend in Full Impies. During the AP party for the opening of Indy..Had 99% of my Indy outfit on (no makeup) and another friend had Henry Jones Sr. full outfit, carpet bag, umbrella and all. Now we were surprised at the number of German WWII Officers (full uniforms) that were running around the park that night and again, we were all playing off of each other and having a ball. I think it sorta depends upon whos working the entry gates. And common, tell me that Hobbits haven't snuck in an amusement park or two? :) Well, email is forth coming! :) and Bring as many of OneRing as you can talk them into ...Party Down Garth! Party Down Wayne!

Oh yeah..email for any and all

BlkPearlCptn@yahoo.com

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Cool, good to have some perspective on the costume/no costume issue. Thanks. I'll pass the word along to the rest of the gang and see if they can make it! I've not been down to Disneyland in...yeesh. Years!

And...I dunno if hobbits have sneaked into themeparks before. Does Mordor count as a theme park?

*looks around dubiously at the spitting volcano on the horizon* Now THAT's an E-Ticket ride!

;)

7. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    I shall be in attendance!

Yay! :)

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    The MOre the Merrier! Welcome Abord!!

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    You can't keep me away from D-land. I have to make my "Go at least 4-5 times a year" quota. :D

10. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    As Master--Kenobi stated above, the costume problem is still if-fy.
    I work at Disneyland. I see little kids dress up in all sorts of things all the time. One day they even came in jedi robes.
    The official PA's will tell you NO costumes at all. The ticket takers at the gate, don't give a hoot. Unless you're wearing something extreme (ie: leia gold bikini or something scary and metallic looking: boba fett) they don't care.

here's what NOT to wear: MASKS! Bring in your little plastic lightsabers, they don't care (they sell them at Star Trader anyway and kids run around with them all day) But not FX. FX sabers are a pain to carry around anyway and some rides won't allow them on.

So bring your Jedi robes, or just a cool t-shirt, coz disney is not going to care.

Hope that helped some. (just wanted to add my personal 2 cents since I do work there)

11. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    That's interesting, since I'd heard a lot in other arenas about how costumes were a definite "No."

Thanks for the input!

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I know what you mean. Trust me, wasn't expecting the full-on WWII Nazi Officers when we were at the Indy Sneak. And they weren't any of the Disney Cast Members. However, the one funny thing that did happen that night was that they had a band up above Adventure Land playing WWII swing. Except someone didn't do a proper costume study, and instead of an American Army Band...we had a ...German Brown-Shirt Band..opps. We were laughing our hineys off, and the ...um..."Officers" were just soooo proud.

So you never know what exactly you are going to find there. And I have seen a couple of kids, about 10- 11 in FULL Captn Jack outfits.. I mean lace beards, beaded wigs and incredible outfits...this was last winter. So...who knows. So...Jedi's or Fuzzy toes..your choice! :) <<Ducks cause knows gonna get hit for that last bit>> [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.