main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Unofficial Memphis EU Board.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chewbracca, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I think I know what you're talking about, Rhonda, but I can't remember exactly where it is.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_shocked] I just discovered half.com. New and out-of-print SW hardcover books for as cheap as a dollar.

This would probably be a good time to back away from the computer.............right?

3. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Woot! I got a brand new hardcover Truce at Bakura for $1.00! And a brand new hardcover Shadows of the Empire for $2.00!! :D

And about 7 other books, too........
    I'm addicted. Remember those sea gulls in Finding Nemo? "mine" "mine" "mine"

4. Clark_W_Griswold

Clark_W_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    SotE is MINE, woman!

5. Ellen_Griswold

Ellen_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Finders-Keepers, Clark! 8-}

6. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Quick question- Kev, uh- Darth Mule was asking me about Chewie being killed. Which book was that?

7. Ellen_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    RE: Darth Mule was asking me about Chewie being killed. Which book was that?

That was in Vector Prime by R. A. Salvatore - the first book in the New Jedi Order series. I hated that book the first time I tried to read it - I didn't even finish it and only continued reading the NJO because Mike Stackpole wrote the next two books. However, I went back and re-read Vector Prime about a year ago and it really wasn't that bad......the characterizations are kinda off, but my understanding is that Salvatore got recruited into the project without any time to do research or read any other EU books. He also wrote the Ep. II novelization, which I haven't read, but Tim B. said that it is great and the man really can write, LOL.

~Traci

8. Ellen_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    Final Schedule & e-Signing Info for Tim Zahn & SW SURVIVOR'S QUEST Bookstore Tour:

** All events will be a talk & signing
    ** Door prizes will be given out at all events
    ** Star Wars trivia contests will be held at all events
    ** Fans in costume encouraged!

OMG - how totally awesome would that be?!? Unfortunately, the closest location to Memphis is 7 hours away. Bear not happy. :(

9. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Bear lives in the a** end of space...

Thanks for the Chewie info. I'll pass it along.

Oh, Tim- I checked when I got home and I've got the SW encyclopedia with Vader on the cover.

10. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Finally, at long last I've finished The Unifying Force. Very good. Very Very good.

11. Ellen_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    TUF ROCKED!!! But I think I might've mentioned that a few times already. [face_blush]

*Spoiler alert*
    A lot of folks over in the Lit forum got really hung up on the part about Luke being "crippled" now. I didn't get that, did y'all? :confused: It only made sense to me that it would take a bit of time to recover from a life-threatening injury.

There's also a big debate about whether or not Nom Anor is dead. What's the verdict here: yay or nay?

(Personally, I think he's toast. I just wish it would've been a slow & painful end. [face_devil])

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I wasn't that disturbed by that piece of the book, Traci. He's been through so much, this was probably the biggest battle of his life, he's entitled to some "battle scarring". I don't think Luceno could of done much better with Luke. He made him the hero he really is. It will take more than Shimrra's amphistaff to take down Luke Skywalker.

13. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    You said it, Rhonda. Luke is da' man, and Luceno got it right, unlike so many before him.

Nom Anor is dead. I can't believe anyone would want to think otherwise. Traci is right- He deserved a long, slow, excruciating death. I was hoping that Mara would oblige us, but she had to go and do the right thing and be all Jedi-like.

14. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I know... then Leia had to go and take off only his hand..........

15. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    She should have gouged out that plaetyrian bol that he had for an eye. And then she should have aimed downward for the other two.

16. Ellen_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    Oooh, this could be fun: Ways that Nom Anor should have died, LOL.

What was that monster they were feeding people to in Traitor? Or just take him to Tatooine and let Mara push him into a Sarlaac pit. OR - make him watch Dora the Explorer with little Ben until he opened his own veins...... [face_devil] [face_laugh]

17. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    No, Traci..... make him watch Barney.

Or Dragon Tales.

The Sarlaac pit would be too clean. Too good for him.

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    No, no, no.....make him watch Murder She Wrote until his eyeballs fall out. Ooooh, ooh, we could make him watch Gigli with his eyeballs taped open.

Or...how about make him sit through a family Christmas with no alcohol..............

19. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Well at least now I know what to get you for next Christmas- more alcohol!

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Oh yeah, that's the first thing anyone asked for when we got to my grandmother's. Where's the wine? I only brought one bottle and my cousin, sister and brother-in-law made a run to the package store!!! On Christmas Eve!!! We've learned how to get through.... 8-}

21. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    I'm going to remain tanked throughout Christmas next year. I'm so tired of all the crap with my extended family, that I think if I were passed out in a corner, then everyone would understand why I ignore them.

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    NO! It's not true! It's impossible!! The Waldenbooks in the Raleigh Springs Mall is closing. :_| :_| :_|

It is the only bookstore within 30 minutes of my house! How can this be? Aren't there laws against this? Doesn't anyone else in North Shelby or South Tipton Co. read?!? :confused:

23. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Trace,Was that a rhetorical question..?

I know how you feel. When I first moved into my house I had 3 comic shops within walking distance and now there's only one- and he doesn't really carry anything new. Heck, I still drove over to Comics and Collectibles on Poplar when those other guys were still in business! I even would make a trip out to Millington from time to time to go to All-American.

Tim and Rhonda: You're not alone. I've had a few other friends tell me about their disfunctional and almost Cops worthy family get-togethers this year. Luckily mine turned out ok. I'm just sick again for New Years! I think I can remember maybe 1 or 2 New Years where I wasn't sick, or didn't get sick! Ack...

Lin

24. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    PoorLin! I hope you get better!

My family did me proud this year, no incidents. I did live off of mt. Dew code Red tho.....

:)

25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    [L&M fangirl]

Survivor's Quest comes out one month from today!! :D

[/L&M fangirl]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.