main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Unofficial Memphis EU Board.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chewbracca, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Answer:
    Yes it would make things easier. :)

2. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    I won't even touch the ST books. They put out like 1 a week for those things!!!

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    *raises hand*

I am Lonewolf and I have read ST books.

*sighs*

I know, I know. What can I say, I was raised on The Next Generation. The ST books aren't nearly as good as the SW books though. The plots don't seem to be thought out that well, and there's very little collaboration between authors.

4. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    There's nothing wrong with Star Trek. I grew up myself whatching original series reruns, and Next Generation. I will always be a spock fan, and the movies are the best. But in my opinion Star Wars is just better. Its nice to be able to escape to scifi that you can just relax and not have to worry as much about the science part of it. Oh and there are Jedi with lightsabers :D

5. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    SW is better, something that I've gotten into more than one debate over on other Sci Fi boards. :) Did you ever read that list, Ten Reasons Why Han Was Better Than Picard?

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I finally got Destiny's Way today! Maybe I can read a little while the carpet guys are here tomorrow....or should I follow them around making sure that they don't break all our stuff instead? LOL!

7. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I wouldn't follow them around, Traci..."Plumbers' Butt" is a.k.a. "Carpet Layers' Butt".

8. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Lonewolf, I never saw that list, do you know where I can find it?

9. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    The site is off line now so I typed it up:

Top Ten Reasons Why Han Was Better Than Picard:

10. Han Solo uses a comb, Picard uses a dust cloth
    9. The Millennium Falcon blows up Death Stars, the Enterprise has trouble with the Romulans and the Ferengi.
    8. Solo is pursued across the galaxy by bounty hunters; Picard is too boring to have anyone after him.
    7: Solo walked into the heart of the Death Star; Picard can't even go on away missions.
    6. Solo gets Princess Leia; Picard gets... oh right he doesn't get the girl.
    5. Picard's never intuitive enough to get those 'bad feelings'
    4: Solo hung out in the Mos Eisley Cantina, a truly 'wretched hive of sum and villainy'; Picard hung out in Ten Forward, where the most wretched thing was Deanna Troi
    3: Solo's first mate can pull the arms off of Picard's first mate
    2: Solo dresses like a roguish smuggler; Picard dresses for a pajama party
    1: French or wimpy? Solo-neither, Picard-both.

10. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    :)) oh that was great. Thanks for posting it. I got a real kick out of it.

11. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    He he, funny list!!! Man, I like ST, but the fans are waaaayyyy out there. I liked the NG, but the newer stuff is all the same to me. Whatever the one is with Scott Bakula, I'm expecting Al to pop up with his cigar and little calculator thing and start talking about what Ziggy said!!! :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. I did like Kahn, but they killed him off like a punk. Not good for the franchise. And even worse was rescuing whales!! What the heck!?!?!?!?
    Now I like Data, he is the best thing about the NG. Cool stuff.

Hey Trace, read the book. Workman's butt-crack is not as enjoyable as SW. :D

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    ACK!! Steve, I thought you were joking....OMG - my eyes! my eyes! We had the redneck carpet guys, Larry & Daryl...or was it Vern?, and I've never seen so much moonshine in my life!

Cute list! I like ST to an extent. I grew up watching the original series and the NG was cool...I'll probably go see the new movie in December. Here's what gets me though: when people find out that I'm a SW fan they say, "Oh, you're a Trekkie!" Um......no. <roll eyes> LOL.

I stayed up waaaay too late last night reading. Yawn!

13. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    TraceYou've been called a trekkie because you like SW? Vierd.

ChrisWhat ya got against whales? That was kind of a wierd movie thought. Who'd od thought that all you needed to go back in time was to circle the sun at warp 7. Anywho Wrath of Kahn was =the= Star Trek Movie. I like Scott Backula, Quantum Leap was very cool, and from the few episodes I've seen of his Star Trek series, its better than Deep Space 9 and Voyager.

14. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Here's what gets me though: when people find out that I'm a SW fan they say, 'Oh, you're a Trekkie!'

Been there, bought the T-Shirt. Apparently people think any type of Sci Fi fan is a Star Trek fanatic.

I've seen a few of the Enterprise episodes, and they seem to be getting better. I could hardly stomach Voyager, though! Janeway got on my nerves.

15. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
  16. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Oh, I liked Quantum Leap and ST and STNG, but the fans drive me crazy, kinda like Tennesses Vols' fans. How obnoxious are they!?!? :p Yeah, I'll root for UT, but the fans drive me crazy!!!! :D

17. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Good to know we're mostly EU fans here. :)

I mostly hang out in the Literature forum, so thats why I don't venture in here often. Nice discussion we have going on though.

The last novel I read was Destiny's Way, of course. I loved it, second best of the hardcovers after Vector Prime.

I'm pumped for the upcoming Mace Windu: Shatterpoint by Mathew Stover. That'll rock. :D

18. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    It will indeed wedge, btw Are you going to make it to the costume party this sunday at 3:00?

19. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Finally, Destiny's Way just showed up in my mail tuesday afternoon. Whoopie. I have not been able to stop doing the happy dance sense.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm about 115 pages into Destiny's Way, and I'm noticing some strong similarities between the Vong and Nazi Germany, thanks to the arrival of the Supreme Overlord. Anybody else notice this as well?

21. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I haven't read it. I stopped reading the NJO after SBS. I'm getting kind of sick of the Vong plot.

22. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    You mean they're this far in the series, and they haven't noticed they're using the *Vong plot?!

* "Blazing Saddles" reference...some will get it...sadly, others won't.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    "Oh, It's twue.....TWUE!!!"

I love the Teutonic Titwillow. And I LOVE Blazing Saddles!!!

24. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Blazing saddles is very funny. Haven't seen it in a while though.

25. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    He he, my favorite line:
    "Excuse me while I whip this out."
    Oh man, I laugh just thinking about it!!!!

I just want to see more Jedi/Vong fights. They've proven that they can fight each other, but man, hurry it up already!!! Also, they need to have a mission to get some of those crystals to make new lightsabers!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.