Memph, TN Unofficial Memphis EU Board.

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Chewbracca, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Not at all....but you know we use real names here.... can you handle it? :p
  2. WonderPants Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sure, just call me Ivor. I'll leave you to work out the rest of it. ;)
  3. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    As long as you don't ask us to call you Mary or something.
  4. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Hiya, Ben...um, I mean....Ivor. 8-}
  5. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    My official review of Shatterpoint: it ROCKED!!!!!!

I'm not really a Mace fan and this is the first prequel novel that I've read, but....Wow!! Maybe it's the fact that we're at war right now with/in a culture that makes NO sense whatsoever; but the book felt very relevant. (Then again, I'm convinced that Matthew Stover is a genius because he was able to make me like Jacen Solo in Traitor.)

I have a whole new respect for the character of Mace Windu. If only he could get such amazing action/personality in the movies.

These aren't really spoilers, but you might want to stop now if you're picky about being spoiled:
    I loved Nick Rostu! To me, he was a cross between Han Solo and the characters of Hudson and Hicks in the movie Aliens, LOL. He had some of the best one-liners in the book: "Is that Jedi-speak for thank you so much for saving my lightsaber-waving butt?"

As did Mace: "Your chances come in two shapes - slim and fat."

And the last few sentences where Mace is thinking about Anakin are just plain creepy:

"If Anakin Skywalker is truly the Chosen One, who will bring balance to the Force - then he is the most important being alive today.

If he is - it does not matter if every other Jedi in the galaxy dies.

As long as Anakin lives, we have hope."
  6. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Wait until you see the shot I've got of Qui-Gon Tim and a VERY young Mace Windu!
  7. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    A very young Mace Windu? I thought that was Gary Coleman!
  8. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?!
  9. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Anybody know when the new NJO book is out?
  10. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know but I just got shatterpoint, YAY! I also got the new Dune novel By Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. (not star wars but a star wars author)
  11. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I think it comes out the end of Oct. although this says end of Sept.

12. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, I know...I've seen both Sept. and Oct. listed. I thought that all the NJO books came out on the first Tuesday of the month, but I got the impression (in another thread) that a new book had been released today. The Lit. forum already has, like, 200 posts about it and I don't want to go there and read the spoilers.

I have another question:
    I'm re-reading Vision of the Future (getting psyched for Survivor's Quest ;)) and came across something that intrigues me. Luke mentions rebuilding Darth Vader's personal fortress (chapter 15, page 169, hardback). When did that happen?

(I didn't read any EU between 1993 and 1998, and I guess I missed more than I thought I did....)
  13. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    TFP is out.

Yeah, I remember that part. It was kinda courtship of princess leia-ish to me.... He did it with the force...all these blocks and "obsidian" stones rising from the water (I think I remember water)...and coming together...it happens in one of the Jedi Acadamey books, I think, or maybe Black Fleet Crisis...during his hermit time...maybe, I think.. It doesn't happen it VOF does it???
  14. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    "If Anakin Skywalker is truly the Chosen One, who will bring balance to the Force - then he is the most important being alive today.

If he is - it does not matter if every other Jedi in the galaxy dies.

As long as Anakin lives, we have hope."

BTW, in the new Republic comic book, the yound padawan group that Anakin is in is on a doomed mission and the Chancellor comes in and calls Anakin to take the evacuees off the planet, telling him the Republic can't lose him... Anakin tells him that he can't leave his friends, he wants to stay or they'll die. Palps says they'll die with or without you, you have to go, don't fail the Republic, yada yada yada....Anakin says Aubrie - one of the other padawans that he's sorry, he doesn't know what to say, she says don't say anything. She tells him to live a good life for those of us who are soon to die, Anakin Skywalker...

The Clone Wars and prequel era books are being more rigid at keeping things in continuity (Thank goodness!!!). The comics are REALLY good. You see some foreshadowing and some times that you really see the "good man" that Obi-wan remembers.
  15. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    O-tay, some Lit Community friends remembered - it was in the Black Fleet Crisis, which I never read.

Yay for continuity! Guess the GL/EU powers-that-be learned their lesson the hard way.
  16. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Tim is gonna pick up a copy of TFP at the airport tonight when Ben arrives.

Is anyone else nervous about a book titled The Final Prophecy that has Tahiri on the cover?!? [face_shocked]
  17. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Oh God, yes..........

EDIT: *Warning* - Small rant here.........

WHY do we have to have another prophecy??? AND, Ikrit's prophecy was STUPID. Together you're better than the sum of your parts or some such garbage????
  18. cdillon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anybody read Rouge Planet? I heard it was not that good.
  19. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    Rouge Planet...a story of Jedi Master Mary Kay traveling to the red powdered sand planet to face off against the evil Sith Lord Max Factor.
  20. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    LOL, Steve!

Chad: Rogue Planet was OK....not the best SW book, but certainly not the worst. Actually, I only read it because I wanted the background story to some of the stuff that is happening in the New Jedi Order. [face_blush]
  21. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    The first time I read Rogue Planet I loved it. The second time it wasn't as good but still a decent read.
  22. cdillon Jedi Knight

star 1
    I finished Rouge Planet and enjoyed it. I loved to see Anikan's growth and Obi-Wan question himself as a teacher. Now I am reading Shadows of the Empire.
  23. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Shadows of the Empire was GREAT!!
  24. cdillon Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am really enjoying it so far. Shadows of the Empire that is...
  25. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    SOTE is excellent. I really loved that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.