Memph, TN Unofficial Memphis EU Board.

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Chewbracca, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Sorry....Lemme correct myself...

Lit Goddess
  2. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I'm suddenly having MSC flash-backs of women with green hair fretting over their makeup in the restroom, "It's not easy to be a goddess......"

<shudder>
  3. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Oh, and speaking of books coming out in 2004...or was that in the Reading Room?.....anyway, I'll be setting up a lawn chair in front of Waldenbooks on the first Monday night of February for Survivor's Quest! :D
  4. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    So, if Traci is lit...will her posts make any sense?
  5. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    .......... [face_laugh]

OK, it took me a minute, but that was a good one!!
  6. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Steve: No, she frequently posts while lit. You should be used to it by now.
  7. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Okay I'm a third of the way through TUF, and it is awesome!!!!!!!

Everyone is written good in this book, most mistakes are forgiven for the previous NJO tragedies....

Luceno Rocks!!!
  8. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Rhonda: I'm up to chapter 16. Luceno does have a big job - bringing everyone back & tying up the loose ends of a 5-yr story arc. Kathy Tyers mentioned once that he is considered by all the other authors to be a "walking EU encyclopedia," so I guess he was the best man for the job, LOL.

And I almost fell off the couch last night when *spoiler alert* Boba Fett rescued Han & Leia. That was priceless!

9. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have got to get that book.
  10. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Okay, you knew I'd mention this but...

how about when ~Spoilers~ the voice Jacen heard was his grandfather, and Anakin had figured out the Unifying force, not Vergere....go Ani, go Ani...

I finished today. Behind Tatooine Ghost and Shadows of the Empire, best.EU.book.ever...
  11. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    You finished it?!?!? [face_shocked] Daaaaaaaang....... I'm not even half-way through yet.
  12. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    OK, I just finished chapter 19 and James Luceno is a god.....says the L & M fan. [face_blush]
  13. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I haven't even started yet :(
  14. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I just finished TUF. Where's the jaw-hanging-open-in-un-adulterated awe icon? Forgive me, Tim Zahn, but that may be the best EU book. Ever.

Tim B. thinks I'm a lunatic. I've spent the past 2 hours talking to the final chapters and then crying at the end. I never cry reading a book. James Luceno is nothing short of a genius.

I'll have to discuss later. I need to compose myself and sleep. [face_blush]
  15. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    She was like a sista in church. Y'all should have seen her reactions as she was reading last night. It was almost comical!
  16. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    8-}

Some of my favorite parts:

*TUF spoilers* I loved the Mara vs. Nom Anor scene. Whoa! I knew she couldn't kill him, being a Jedi and all; but kicking his arse in hand-to-hand combat was even better. [face_mischief] And then Luke getting into the Citadel practically single-handed. <whistles> To quote Mark himself, "Don't **** with the Jedi Master!"

I almost fell off the couch when Shimmra pulled out Anakin Solo's lightsaber. QGT thinks I'm a lunatic now because I started talking to the book: "Oh no you did-uhnt!" These dudes should learn not to give Luke two lightsabers 'cause they gonna die! :D And that green force lightning! Again - don't **** with the Master.

I LOVED that the voice from Balance Point was indeed Anakin Skywalker's. And I think I did jump off the couch when Wedge hopped into an X-wing and took the call-sign "Vader." I thought, "It's on now! You guys are goin' DOWN!"

I guess Leia is an 'official' Skywalker now that she's chopped someone's hand off with a lightsaber. (Go Leia! Go Leia!)

And am I reading this correctly that it was Mara and Jacen's tears that healed Luke? OMG - how perfect!

I guess I'm through gushing....for now.

Best. EU. Book. Ever!
  17. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't wait. I'm finishing up Shatterpoint (which is awesome) Starting Final prophecy and trying to read some of Heir to the Empire. It's like I'm drowning in EU or something.

Has anyone been whatching the Star Wars Cartoon shorts on Cartoon Network. So far I've seen three of the four that they've played and I enjoy them. It sucks that they're only 3 minutes long but I think when they're played together they'll be unbelievable.

-Tim
  18. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Captain Comics gave the toons a good review in the C/A a few weeks ago, and pretty much said what you did- as well as there being a lot of action. Loking forward to them being released on DVD so you can see them all together. I picked up a Samurai Jack and The Tick(live action) DVD the other day.
  19. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Friday the 21st....They're playing everything they've aired so far on the 21st. The following is from the TF.N news:

On Friday, November 21st, the first 10 episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon will be shown in two blocks on Cartoon Network in North America.
    Episodes 1-5 will air from 7.30pm (ET/PT) with approximately two breaks.
    Episodes 6-10 will air from 9.30pm (ET/PT) with approximately two breaks.
    Those who receive Cartoon Network via satellite should check their local listings for the times.

Is that cool or what?
  20. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    *Spoilers* I loved that part about Wedge too! Although, I didn't quite get the significance... [face_shocked]. I was pretty sure it means a$$ kicking time... [face laugh] [/color]

My favorite parts:
    Han and Leia's "banter", funny as always. Especially the part about his acting... in fact I LOVED Leia in this book! It was the real Leia!

I loved when Leia got to Zonoma Sekot, and how choked up and reflective she got. I choked up. How she thought of parents paying the "last payment" so their children could live...her father (Anakin), her foster parents, her mother... :(

Luke kicking Vong butt!!!! Goodbye Shimra!

Mara crying as Jacen healed Luke :(

Wedge's "call sign" [face_mischief]

Jaina and Jag's exchange at the end

Jacen's revelation of the force when kicking Onimi's a$$

Taking back Coruscant!!!

Leia gets the Killik Twilight back!!

I think it was Mara's and Jacen's tears that healed Luke.

I bawled like a baby at this... (Han at the dedication of Chewbacc's memorial) Han stood before the likeness, speaking as if directly to his former first mate and closest friend. "You can relax now, pal," he was saying. "It's finally over. We fought the good fight and won, and, for me anyway, it was you who set the tone. Your sacrifice at Sernpidal was symbolic of the whole war, with millions giving their lives to save family, friends people they didn't know, members of species they'd never seen before, even droids. Thank you for that Chewie, and for giving Anakin the extra time he needed to fulfill his own destiny. *sniff* I'll never forget you." :_|

And the last paragraph.... Best.Ending.Ever.

Okay I've gushed too... [face_blush]
  21. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    It's like I'm drowning in EU or something.

LOL - I know what you mean, Tim. I've been on such a TUF "high" that I'm having trouble getting into TTT mode. [face_blush]
  22. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
  23. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    "Latest news" from TF.N books:

EP3: Episode III Author Revealed
    Fri, Nov 14, 03 08:49:47 PM EST

The Official Site revealed tonight the author of the Episode III novelization. Veteran Star Wars author Matthew Stover has been selected to pen the novelization of the untitled final movie of the Star Wars saga. Stover's previous forays into the Star Wars universe span from the prequel era in Shatterpoint to The New Jedi Order in Traitor.

<in my best Austin Powers voice> YEAH, BABY!!!! :D :D
  24. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think stover will do a good job. You know I have as of yet not read any of the movie novelizations. I'm goint to wait until after episode III and by em all at once.
  25. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Okay, someone said there's a funny reference to Harrison Ford "the actor" in this book. I can't find it :confused: Does anyone remember or am I just that airheaded?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.