main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Unofficial Official VS Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jankarakk, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I'm sure more of you will jump on the band wagon. This is for those of us that are into the new game and have questions about the rules or want to make a challange (sp?) against someone to play them on a saturday night or whenever...or just to gloat about a really uber card you picked up.

Gerson maybe you can answer this question for me. I just got done reading the rule book and stuff and it said that to put out a person you have to spend the amount of resource on the card...but it doesn't say how you spend the resource...and it also said that any resource leftover at the end of turn is a wasted resource or something like that...Do you know what it means by chance?

2. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    If you've ever played Magic, they use land. Marvel uses resources in the same way, but any card can be a resource. In fact, locations have to be used as a resource before being put into play. So every turn you bring out a card to use as a resource. Then on your 4th turn you will have 4 resources and will be able to bring out a character with a cost of 4, but only that character. If you bring out a character with a cost of 3, you have 1 resource left over and if you don't use it, it is wasted. I hope that clears it up for you.

3. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    OK...so it's the equivalent of having 4 swamps out and only tapping 3 of them to bring out a creature...the 4th one is still there i just didn't have use of it this turn?

4. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I went to the counterspell today and picked up some more booster packs...i guess you need to be specific when you ask for them...because yesterday when i got some they were only like 3.58 or whatever. then the ones i got today were almost a whole dollar more. the ones i got yesterday were standard ones...the ones i got today however were 1st edition...hmm..

5. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Hey MoronDude....wanna play a game this saturday before your game???

6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, as of yet, I haven't bought a single, solitary card, but the plan is to pick up my check Friday and get the starter set along with some boosters... that is, if MR-V1N wants to pick me up and drive me to do all these things.

7. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, so I bought the Spider-Man Vs. Doc Ock starter set plus 3 boosters, and I'm almost able to build two legal decks.

My Spider-Friends/X-Men/Fantastic Four deck consists of 56 cards and mu Sinister Syndicate/Brotherhood/Doom deck consists of 55.

I have no one to play with. :(

Also the DC starter and boosters are out now! I was torn between Spider-Man vs Doc Ock and Batman vs The Joker... I figured start out with Marvel, and if I get most of the cards I want, try out the DC one... as long as the next Marvel expansion hasn't been released by then.

I was thinking... they probably couldn't make a Galactus card, because he'd just own the game. He'd have game text like "Activate -> KO all of target opponants characters"

8. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I know we just started Marvel, but check out this awesome new TCG!

Dang, just so much to buy nowadays!

9. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I went to the counterspell today and talked to one of the guys that works there. He has a copy of every single card that is out for VS....Marvel and DC. I was like wow....

10. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    He gets paid with cards, that's all.

11. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    that must be it....heh we need to get together sometime during the week and finish our transaction. i'm not a big fan of the guy that i mentioned before either...he asked me if i had tried to make a deck yet...i said yes...he asked how many cards were in one of them and i told him...he laughed and said geez do i always have to teach people how to play??? hmmmm me thinks he is too arrogant for his own good yes.

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Did he have a mustache and an unkept goatee? The black guy in there's really nice and knows a bunch about Vs.. The guy with the goatee, yeah, very arrogant.

13. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    no he didn't have one today...although i think we could be talking about the same guy...he could have shaved you never know. oh and btw....I have a card in my possession worth about half of what i've put into the VS. System cards...it's worth 29.33 it's my Savage Beatdown Plot Twist. It has the highest value out of any of the other MOR cards listed. There's no prices listed yet for the Spider-man vs. Doc Ock series. And there's some other cards that are worth quite a bit...go to www.vsuniverse.com and they've got them all listed....Dark Phoenix is only 5.80

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
  15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm off tomorrow (Wednesday) so anyone wanna get together and play some VS.

I also found out they play VS. at the Counterspell on Thursdays and Fridays. I work this Thursday and Friday, but next Friday I'm off. Anyone wanna head down to the CS with me and show those little pre-teen twerps a thing or two?!?

16. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    i think the little preteen twirps would kick our butts....especially if that arrogant not so preteen twirp would laugh at us a lot i'm sure heh.

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I don't think they would kick our butts... and who cares what the jerk says or does. We'll show em... we'll show em all!

18. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Yes. Yes we will. I need to rebuild my decks I took them apart for sorting purposes.

19. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Hey MD when shall we play again???

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    What's your schedule Friday, because I have Friday off and I was thinking about heading to the Counter Spell and playing anyone who wants to play... that is, of course, if there is no charge to play :D .

21. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Well I work 9:45 to 5 on friday...and I have to deposit my check for it is payday on friday yay heh.

22. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    hey MorondDude.....don't forget you still owe me i think it's that senator kelly card or whatever from when we made that trade 2 weeks back....i'll be at the church tomorrow night for a little while so if you can bring it that would be awesome.

23. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    np, dude. I'm probably gonna get to the church eaxtra early, and if I don't forget, I'll bring your card... I hadn't forgotten.

24. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    ok good cause i had...lol until i went to the counterspell today and was tlakin to one of the dudes....and i learned how to play for reals lol. it was fun. i won lol

25. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Hey MoronDude or GersonSith....we should play this saturday....yes I think that would be splendid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.