main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Unofficial STAR WARS day at Disneyland! 6.25.2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I found 3 sets of lyrics but these seem to be the "original" ones...

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I know they changed it when the made the ride more PC, except the part about buying a wench, that's apparently okay. Anyhow, I believe the posted lyrics are current.

3. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
  4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Let's see... you've got the Pirate head talking, then you drop, then it starts into one round of the song... then you hit "and really bad eggs" at the 2nd drop, then the music stops and it's "Dead men tell no tales..." then more talking... then you get the dramatic background music... then you get to the pirate ship.... then later you get back into the music.... then it stops with the character talking...

No, I've never been on the ride. :p

5. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm working on prepping Gavin and Ewan for the rides. I'm not sure which ones we'll be able to take them on though. They have some kind of program for parents with kids that I need to find out about. You bypass the line somehow so that one person stays with the kids while the other rides and then you swap or something. But honestly we've been on stuff so if we miss it this time we won't care too much.
    I am so looking forward to going!
    Gavin is going to LOVE it! Ewan will go with the flow like he always does ;)

6. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    I've fallen asleep on Pirates more than once.. Either in the middle of the day when it's hot and icky outside.. Or at night, close to closing, when I'm exhausted.. There were a group of us that zonked out on it, leaning on each other, at about 11 pm one night.. It was pretty amusing when the ride operator had to wake us up. :)

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Gavin and Ewan would LOVE the new Buzz Lightyear ride. :D

8. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    We've not seen that one. I've heard it's really cool.
    The last time we went to Disneyland I was 6 months pregnant with Gavin...so November 2000. I have a feeling the trip is going to be a repeat of what we were able to do then ;)

9. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    [face_dancing] I was talkin to Linda, last night, and she said that I would be able to catch a ride with her to disneyland. w00tz....wait wait that makes 3 events in a row for Tony!

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Since Jess is going to drive up the night before and carpool with me to Disneyland, I figured I'd open it up to anyone else as well.

Parking's now $10. I paid the extra money with my pass to get free parking. So, if anyone wants to drive up to Lake Elsinore in the morning then carpool with me and Jess up to Disneyland to save both gas and parking money, let me know! I can fit two more people in my car. PM me if anyone's interested!

11. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Do you know what it is amazing I am hearing so many american words that are new to me may I ask what car pool means cause we do not use a word like that at all here have never heard of it

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Car pool means more than one person riding in a vehicle. Generally all in the vehicle will share in the expense of the gas, thus it is a cheaper way to travel. Also, if you have a carpool (2 or more people in vehicle), you get to drive in the carpool lanes on the freeway which are less crowded than regular lanes, and you get to your destination quicker. Also, being in a carpool cuts down on the number of cars on the road, and is better for the environment as less harmfull emissions are being released into the environment. Carpooling just makes sense in CA where we have a LOT of people living in small congested areas.

13. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well we do not have any carpool lanes on our motorways but I suppose here we just say "give us a lift".

edit: I think I will have to do some homework on rhe american language before I come over or else I will be saying "you what?what does that mean".

14. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    We picked up a hillarious book at I think Virgin Records..English to American Slang.

15. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Thats what I just need a book with english to american/american to english slang.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    If you ever have any questions, send me a PM. I live with enough Brits to know the basics. ;)

17. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    May I ask how far is disneyland from san diego?

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Depends what part of SD you're at. Back home, it takes me 45 minute to an hour to get to D-Land, so I don't know what it takes from down here.

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    It takes around 1 1/2 hours for me.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You guys can just take the I-5 up.. I have to go the long way up the I-15, across the 91, and down the 55. :p

21. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    They have some kind of program for parents with kids that I need to find out about. You bypass the line somehow so that one person stays with the kids while the other rides and then you swap or something.

Here's what I found on an Internet search (and what a friend had told me about when he recently visited D'Land):

Guests With Young Children: There is a service Disneyland offers guests with very young children that is often overlooked. Parents may take turns experiencing an attraction while still staying with the child and not waiting in a line twice. Child swapping is very convenient so ask a Cast Member at the attraction for assistance.

Gotta check this out!

22. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I have done child swapping LOTS over the past 16 years with my kids, and I still do it with Collin.

23. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    I really want to go to break my record on Indiana Jones and go on it 7 times in one day.

24. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Apart from disneyland they do not offer this child swapping service up in santa monica at all...... [face_worried]

25. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    The child swapping sounds like it is probably going to be like when I waited in line with Jon for Indiana Jones when I was pregant. He got the fast pass but there was still a line. I didn't want to wait all by myself outside the ride like I did with Star Tours.

Got to the turnstyle and the cast member started to ask me how many and looked at my belly and stopped, looking a little worried. I said one, I'm not riding it. Moment of huge relief on his face. They stop everything and yelled "pass through" or something and I got on the car and walked across it to the other side and waited there while Jon rode the ride.

Do you know if they have a limit on how many people can be part of the group or is it just immediate parents? Of course I don't know if anyone's going to want to spend any of the day with us since we won't be doing many of the bigger kid stuff really ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.