San Diego, CA Unofficial STAR WARS day at Disneyland! 6.25.2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    When I went to euro disney in paris they had a 3D cinema showing a michael jackson sci fi film where you had to wear the glasses do they have that there?
  2. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    That would be "Captain Eo" It's gone now. It was there for the longest time though.
  3. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know it was a short film but that was so good I never forget that film. That little furry creature with wings flew right up to your face and waved.

edit: I would so love it if they bought that out on dvd with 3D glasses.
  4. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    We get a Special Assistance with Mitchell because waiting in long lines and autism don't mix well. If the ride isn't crowded we generally don't use it, but the last two times we went to the park it was MOBBED!

They have a limit of 6 guests allowed with that pass.

I'm sorry I can't go, but then again the park will probably be crowded with the Anniversary Celebration going on.
  5. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    I have the stuffed guy you're talking about. I love him!

Disney's really good about working with it's guests.

I'm getting more and more excited about this trip! We asked Gavin if he'd be scared of pirates or ghosts if they were pretend. He said he's not scared of it if it's pretend. We've been "walking" him through some of the rides to get a feel of things and to get him used to the idea. Still don't know what we'll end up on. Rides may play second fiddle to all the other sights and sounds anyway! Legoland we only went on 2.
  6. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Skywalker_1982...
    Don't worry about those wonderful "Americanisms" One of my best friends is Scottish, and had the embarrassing moment of going to buy a pencil at the local store and asking where the "Rubbers" were. She kept telling them she wanted a rubber for her pencil. Well, apparently the clerks were laughing so hard they were dying and all she wanted was an eraser ( And here, Rubbers are another term for a ..um..type of birth control. But I've had my shar of "opps" momlents too. I tend to use the words bloody and bugger all the time. So I was explaining to my former fifth grade class how a certain passage in a story they were to read was going to be a real bugger. I later stopped using it during class when one of my students told me that he had trouble with the story, he just couldn't understand the passage, "I guess I'm a real buggerer." After trying not to spray my tea across the room. I fast reconsidered the use of that word in front of the kids. So see, it happens on both sides of the Pond.

So are you going to get to go to Disneyland? Would love to see you there.
  7. AugieBenDoggie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Captain EO has been gone since the early '90s (when Jackson was first accused of child molestation.) It was replaced briefly with "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience." -And that too left, back when they redesigned Tomorrowland.

Now to the point: Would somebody check the group rates for the park?
  8. swguru2004 Force Ghost

star 4
    Are group rates available?

Disneyland® park and Disney's California Adventure? park offer discounts for groups of fifteen or more from a qualified non-profit organization. For detailed information and prices, please contact our Group Sales office at (714) 956-6860?.
  9. Resilient Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nope, "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" is still there. Though it wouldn't hurt them at all to replace it with something new now. It's gotten old..
  10. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I was about to say, I went on Honey I Shrunk the Audience 3 months ago! :p
  11. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Star Tours needs to be revamped. Perhaps put it in the prequel era.
  12. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope I will not be there at disneyland master kenobi
    :( would like to cause I suppose there is alot more there than the one at paris which to be honest did not seem to have much there at all. But in 35 days time at around 8:50pm my feet will be no longer walking on uk soil it will be walking your wonderful land :p
  13. JediLarryB Jedi Master

star 2
    RE: Star Tours
    George did mention at SWCIII that they might go back into talks with Disney's impending new management about proceeding with a Star Tours update.
  14. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    Once Eisner is out, they will redo Star Tours. He's the one who shot down LFL from redoing it back in 1999. He figured if people were still going on the ride there was no need to update it.
  15. micdavis Force Ghost

star 4

Star Tours is currently be worked on. The preliminary images have been done.

Pod Race.

The Starspeeders are being up graded to High Def digital projection systems.

16. swguru2004 Force Ghost

star 4
  17. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  18. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Skywalker...so we get you on this side for a bit. Great! Where ya landing at? And have an early WELCOME! :)
  19. Resilient Jedi Knight

star 2
    Star Tours is currently be worked on. The preliminary images have been done.

Pod Race.

.......Star Tours might be updated to where it's a pod race instead? I'm sorry but IMO that sounds lame. :/ It'd be neater if it stayed space oriented like it already is.
  20. benkenobisan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Except that Star Tours as-is does nothing to promote the SW franchise. At least with the pod-race, little kids (the whole point of Disneyland) are the ones that have a good, fun experience and get hooked on SW.

DO you want nothing but adults to ride it and other fan-boys? SW would just turn into a niche 20 years down the rode for old folks and retires.
  21. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Will be landing at San diego at 8:50pm hopefully, on the 11th july 14 hours in total it is taking but have to change at detroit should feel ok on the way there as I will sleep on the way over :D
  22. Resilient Jedi Knight

star 2
    DO you want nothing but adults to ride it and other fan-boys? SW would just turn into a niche 20 years down the rode for old folks and retires.

Have you been to Disneyland? If you have then you would see that the majority of those on the ride are kids. That and people who know nothing of star wars and are just trying a ride that's in tomorrow land if you listen to their line chatter.

If I was a little kid and was going on star tours for the first time I would be expecting a 'tour in the stars' and that would mean I'm hoping to see *gasp* space adventures and spaceships. Not some big engined things racing around planetside. I'd go to autotopia for racing. Turn it into just pod races and it will become more of a niche ride because only fans would know what the heck is going on.
  23. benkenobisan Jedi Knight

star 1

Have you been to Disneyland? If you have then you would see that the majority of those on the ride are kids. That and people who know nothing of star wars and are just trying a ride that's in tomorrow land if you listen to their line chatter.

If I was a little kid and was going on star tours for the first time I would be expecting a 'tour in the stars' and that would mean I'm hoping to see *gasp* space adventures and spaceships. Not some big engined things racing around planetside. I'd go to autotopia for racing. Turn it into just pod races and it will become more of a niche ride because only fans would know what the heck is going on.

Yes, I have been to Disneyland at least 30 times in the past two years so I have more than a vague idea of the rides.
    Star Tours would need to be renamed to "Star Wars Pod Race". If you read my post a little more carefully you'd see I was talking about "Star Wars", and how "Star Tours" does not do anything for the the franchise.

Lucas wants more SW kids to get hooked, not decrepit old adults that want to re-live their youth through a simulator.
    It's not clear how much renovation will occur on the rides since Disney doesn't seem to want to spend any money in Tomorrowland.
    Heck, they built the stupid gas cars of yesteryear over there sponsored by Chevron.
  24. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    my guess is that more kids would rather go on a death star trench run and have space battles for a star wars experience than race in a desert. then again, in a podrace, you're not constantly being shot at, and disney might want to scale down the violence factor without scaling back the action factor.

while Star Tours is awesome, i will admit that it is also a bit outdated technology-wise.
  25. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah but Eisner has a good point, if it aint broke . . .?
    people still pack in to see it. I'd rather they put money towards a new E-ticket, then pimping out an old one. Although the Starspeder 3000 would look good with spinning rims :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.