main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Unofficial STAR WARS day at Disneyland! 6.25.2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The big CALIFORNIA sign? How do you spell that? ;)

See you all there!! :D

2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Miana Kenobi posted on 6/24/05 9:46pm
    The big CALIFORNIA sign? How do you spell that? [face_wink]

See you all there!! [face_grin]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Kali-for-nia.

3. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I would have thought california would begin with a K cause you all pronounce it how you say it maybe it was some english person that named it califonia who knows.

4. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hey Everyone!

Have a great time tomorrow and take lots of pictures. I'm sorry I can't join you but I'll be with you in spirit. Ride Star Tours for me. :D

5. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    skywalker_1982 posted on 6/24/05 9:52pm
    I would have thought california would begin with a K cause you all pronounce it how you say it maybe it was some english person that named it califonia who knows.
    [hr][/blockquote]

They're going to change it to a K so everyone will pronounce it like the governator does.

6. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    LOL governator just shows anyone can do that job he has been on the news alot here lately going on about global warming but yet as they said he supports that campaign yet he still drives around in a hummer.

7. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Well I am going to sleep, and I will see everyone tomorrow, bright and early! Linda, if you see this before you start headin my way, call my cell phone, so that I have a heads up plz. Thx

-Tony

8. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    We're going! [face_dancing]
    Not only are we going, but we went to the Disney store tonight and bought annual passes. We've been talking about doing it as we have a couple of trips planned already so it was adding up quick.
    We won't be there at 8 AM. We probably won't get there until sometime after noon. We'll be at the group photo. We also won't be staying until midnight. One reason for getting the passes..this trip won't be a really long one. The kids are still mildly sniffly, but it's workable and they're over the worst of whatever it was.
    Anyone want to meet up for dinner? I figure you all may not want to spend large amounts of time with us during the day as it'll be a very kiddy oriented day...no big rides for us this trip. But if anyone wants to do Fantasyland or It's a Small World with us you're more than welcome :p

9. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    I plan on hitting It's a Small World so maybe that'll wait until you guys get there.

10. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well hope you all have a good time I want to see some pictures from you all. Do not eat too many sweeties cause you will be sick. Say hello to donald for me cause he is my favourite disney character.

11. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Hello. Dont miss the new fireworks show, featuring star tours and indy. If you want the main viewing spot, it the hub in front of the castle. But beware there will be mass of people waiting early, if you dont mind. Wish i could go, but will be going on July 17th for the birthday and purchase new ap pass. Space Mountain should be soft opening next month as well.

12. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    July 17th is COMIC CON!!!

Although I am tempted to skip the last day of Con for the 50th birthday.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    We're leaving in about 15 minutes, stopping at McDonalds and Starbucks, then we'll be on our way. :D

14. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
    See you there Rachel...

15. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    mcdonalds and starbucks????you filling yourself up so you do not have to pay disneyland food prices?

16. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I had a great time! Hope everyone got home safely. Thanks again to Linda for the Fastpass switcheroo at the Indiana Jones ride ;).

--MissPadme

17. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
    I had an AWESOME time. Thanks Linda for the ride to and from. Thanks to all the ppl I got to hang out with, it was a blast....I-) Time

18. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Do you suppose they will update the indiana jones ride when the new film comes out?

19. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    That ROCKED!! :D
    I am so glad we decided to go after all. That is so what I needed!
    Gavin was so well behaved! He only fell out when it was getting to dinner time and again when we stayed much past his bedtime. I was too so I can't blame him LOL
    We had planned on having a fairly early evening. Ended up staying until the fireworks show was over and then of course getting out and to the car. We got home at about 12:30. Ewan fell asleep as soon as we started moving after the fireworks, Gavin waited until we got to the car.
    Thanks guys for hanging with us and helping with the kids and our crap (really...I don't understand why the stroller needed to be collapsed after it had been up the rest of the time :rolleyes: )

I can't wait to see the group photo! We forgot about being able to buy the one the park employee took until we were halfway home. Please post when it's up for us to steal.

20. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Y'al, glad you guys made it, sorry I didn't have time to say hi to each and all of you. The website had a quick update. More to come . . .

21. Mystical

Mystical Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    I got to say hi to you on three separate occasions =P. Anyways yesterday was fun, enjoyed all the little things they added to a lot of the rides and thought the fireworks show was awesome. All that walking sure didn't get me in the mood for Comic-Con though.

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I had a blast, guys. :D Thanks for an awesome day.

And until I can get the rest uploaded...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/legomania2/Junk/buzzlightyear.jpg]

PWNED! :cool:

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    [image=http://www.ocstarwars.com/disneysw/images/disneysw05-groupphoto.jpg]

Wow... Tony was posting at 2:11am? Wow... I drove straight home after that and I did not get home till 3:35am... Wow do I live far!

How many miles do the other members of the "Fellowship of the Jedi Pennant" think we walked yesterday between Disneyland and CA Adventure? My feet estimate around 15 miles. LOL You will understand about the Fellowship of the Pennant once Jessica and Rachel have their pictures up. Basically, like in LOTR... we sort of formed a fellowship around a Jedi Pennant Jessica bought at Star Tours for the club. We would pick up people and then lose people throughout the day as we went from ride to ride, always taking a picture of the Jedi pennant in front of every ride. You can see the pennant in the center bottom row in the picture above.

I had a blast guys! The fireworks display with Tinkerbell and featuring Star Wars, INDY, and various other themes was awesome. Oh, and I was finally able to get us annual passes before exiting the park. And best news yet, Collin went on the Matahorn at night! Go Collin! Of course today I am registering his subscription to Star Wars Galaxies. He deserves it for being brave and going on the ride.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    15's a good guess. :D

We got home.. I don't even know what time it was when I pulled in. About 1:45-2 (all I know is that RotS soundtrack ended right as I got off the freeway).

Will get pictures up later (and maybe all the film clips from fireworks!)

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I just figured out there was 24 of us there yesterday from San Diego.. great turnout. That makes the biggest out of town turn-out yet. The second being the barbecue/picnic at the park in Orange County (the only event we used the bus to go to with 22 attending), and the third being the trip out to Jabba's Sail Barge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.