Unofficial STAR WARS day at Disneyland! 6.25.2005

Discussion in 'San Diego, CA' started by crazybirdman, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! That is a pretty good turnout!
    I downloaded the pictures. Haven't really had a chance to look through them and delete the "what on earth is that" shots and such.
  2. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    ahhhh the bus poor bus r.i.p.
  3. jess_squared Jedi Knight

star 2
    Haha, the Fellowhip of the Pennant was great. I've got the pictures on my laptop now, but I probably won't get a chance to upload them until I get home from Rachel's later. But the pictures all turned out great. Have several of the Pennant in DL, and Rachel's got the ones from DCA. After the huge group picture, we did a smaller one of just the SDSWS people. I'm glad I had that guy take one on my camera, too. It turned out great.

We got back here and I think took like 5 minutes to get ready for bed and then zonked out immediately. The car ride back was pretty devoid of talk as I kept dozing off and Rachel had the ROTS soundtrak blaring. Hehe.

Anyway, will put pictures up later. I've got a bunch.
  4. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone! Glad to see you all that. Thankfully I recovered from being very sick unsuaully rapidly so I could be there to take the photo and see how big things would get! Great to talk to the few San Diego people I did at the Pizza Port. See you all at Comic Con! Keep an eye on the site, I'm resting a bit today from somewhat overdoing it yesterday, but I hope to at least get a medium high res shot of the group photo online.
  5. swguru2004 Force Ghost

star 4
    I-)...*yawn* I would say 15 miles was a good guess...that was like the most excercise I have had in a long time.
    The Fireworks were SO SO SO COOL! :cool:

Collin was so brave goin on the Matterhorn, he is the cool. :cool::D
  6. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Oh man.. I have at least 30 small video clips of the fireworks. Uber cool.

Jess and I are comparing pictures with the Jedi banner... hehehe.

And always remember what Collin thinks a margarita is. ;)
  7. swguru2004 Force Ghost

star 4
    MARAGARITA!!!! [face_laugh]

OMG that was so funny!
  8. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    A margarita to me is a drink that they serve in a bar correct???
  9. BBQMASTER Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We just got in now and found my suitcase at the bottom of the stairs. The fireworks were fantastic and the near capsizing of the Small World boat really help with getting the song out of my head. Great job to Collin..need to ride the Tower of Terror next. If anyone could send pictures to me that would be cool. My camera was in the suitcase...LOL
  10. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Uploading as we speak. :D

Linda, Mike, and Dennis: I still have those wallets of the ToT to give to you guys. :D
  11. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It is always great seeing you Brit! Rest up and get better soon.

Jess & Rachel, we are all looking forward to the pics. Oh yeah.. the Tower of Terror pic... Rachel had the funniest look, as did Savannah and Michael, Mike was reading Mad Magazine and I had a goofy grin on my face, that ride is soooooooo much fun.

Oh, and I think Collin said that a Margarita was a beer that was a different color? I dunno... His dad took him and Lauren on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera while I was at C3, and to listen to Collin talk, you'd think all they did was alcohol related. I'm more than a little upset that they let a 10 year old have Tequila. Grrrrr!

Oh yeah, the near capsizing of the "Its a small world" boat... it was like Titanic on a smaller scale. The boat tipped on the right side and went below the water level letting water into the boat on the right side... wouldn't you figure I was one of the ones on the ride side and my pants got partially soaked. I jumped so fast to the other side of the boat I think I nearly landed in Dennis' lap. LOL
  12. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I nearly jumped in Tony's lap... but you still got wetter than I did, Linda. :p

And yes, a margarita is "beer with different colors." [face_laugh]
  13. swguru2004 Force Ghost

star 4
    TITANIC! ah that was funny, would have been better, if we had got it on camera
  14. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I should have turned Kat's camera back on right then... that would have been hilarious!
  15. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sure sure.. make fun of us that nearly "drowned" :p

Glad to hear your luggage was safe and sound at home Dennis. I think lots of us had a rough start to the day, but it sure ended on a positive note. :D
  16. swguru2004 Force Ghost

star 4
    Damn ATM's right Linda :confused: ...hahah that was annoying
  17. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, I almost turned back before I even got to Disneyland, I went to 5 ATMs to get cash to pay for parking at Disneyland before I finally found one that worked! I had to get in the line to get into the parking lot twice, only to get to the front to find out they only took cash, then go out again in search of a "working" ATM. Then we got into the park and I was at the ticket booth and wanted to upgrade our tickets to yearly memberships. The lady told me I had to go inside to the Bank and that they'd do it there. I got to the bank and they closed the doors in front of me stating that I should have done that at the ticket booth. I said the ticket booth told me they couldn't help me! GAH! But despite all that, and despite the rude guy on the train that forced Kat to take everything out of the stroller and then put it back in when were were only going one stop more, we still had a good time.
  18. jess_squared Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just got home from Rachel's a few minutes ago. Need to get all my pictures up now so everyone can see the fun that was the Fellowship. Hahaha. I have to say, the Small World near-capsize was the craziest thing I've ever experienced on that ride. If it hadn't been for the retaining wall there, we probably would have fully tipped over. Heh.

Going to get a wooden dowel for the pennant this week, and I'll re-stitch the top of it.. And will have it on Thursday at the meeting. Hehe. :)
  19. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Don't be surprised that we start following around whoever is in posession of the pennant.. it is sort of ingrained in us now. ;)
  20. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    LOL!

Waiting on one last picture to upload...
  21. BBQMASTER Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Can you photo shop them with me eyes open. I swear that was the only time I blink my eyes...I did not have them shut. :)
  22. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Eh, don't worry about it. ;)

Grr Photobucket for only allowing 25MB... These aren't ALL the pictures, just most of the more interesting ones.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/legomania2/Junk/06_26_1.jpg]
    I hate heights.

You shall be the Fellowship of the Pennant.

( ^ pictures)
  23. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Great pictures, padawan! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. :D

It also looks like Leia forgives Tony for trying to throw her into the pool last week.
  24. Danakin_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 1
    Just wanted everybody to know that I had a great time at Disneyland! It was a blast seeing all the Die Hard fans come out and celebrate the unofficial day. See you all on Thursday!
  25. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Those are some great pictures. (I really do hate having my picture taken...)
    I haven't had time to do anything but download and quickly glance at ours. We're paying for our long day with the kids...but it was worth it so it's all good.
    I'll try to get them up tomorrow or later tonight, depends on how things go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.