main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Unofficial STAR WARS day at Disneyland! 6.25.2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    The OCSWS is having their first-ever "unofficial" Star Wars day at Disneyland. This non-sponsored event will be held on June 25th,2005. And since this is a non-sponsored event, fans and friends of fans of all types are welcomed- the Fan Forces, Disney fans, and Star Wars fans, etc. We want to get as many fans there as we can, so tell your friends to tell their friends, and heck, tell your enemies too!

For more information, check out www.DisneylandStarWars.com. E-mail any questions or post them in this thread, so that we can add them to the FAQ up at the site with the answers. This will be a non-costumed event, as Disneyland follows strict policy against non-employees being in costume, so SW T-shirts will have to do. And in case you missed it earlier, this event/gathering is not sponsored by Disney or Lucasfilm.

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    The site looks awsome!!! Some of us already have our rooms reserved! See you there

Master K

3. CorellianScoundrel

CorellianScoundrel Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2005
    Thanks for the info.

It sure looks great!

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Welcome Corellian Scoundrel...hope you can make it down to DLand. I think we may have a fairly decent turnout. :)

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Did I mention I was going to try to make it? *dances with excitement*

6. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    that would be COOL!! maybe, just maybe, i can go too!

it would be lovely to meet you!

7. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Yes! Honestly, that's one of the main incentives is meeting up with other folks!!!

It would be great to meet!

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Yeahhh!!! The hobbit's gonna be there! :) (We really need to get those t-shirts done before this. Gotta get the Wookiee to get his ...um..paws.. in gear!

9. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    *grin* Man, I'm never gonna live down these hairy feet, am I? ;)

T-Shirts? Woo hoo! What do I have to do to get one? (Don't roast me too bad on that question...)

Been a loooong time since I've been to Disneyland. Wow.... *counts on fingers* 8 years? Could that be true?

10. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Whew.

For a while, it looked like I was going to have to cancel on this, and teach a self-defense class that day.

BUT! I just exchanged teaching days with my co-teacher and am able to go to Disneyland after all!

*happy me*

- Kai

11. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    huzzah! now i am duty-bound to make it...

must meet hobbit!

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Alright..Frodo You ROCK!! (And yes, you will never EVER live down those hairy feet!) :)

13. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Just be happy it's ONLY your feet that are hairy.

C'mon...wookiee bad hair day anyone?

Oh yeah, I'm coming too, any excuse to go to the Tiki Room.

14. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Thanks, now I have hairy-foot-self-consciousness AND "In the TIKITIKITIKITIKITIKI room!" stuck in my head!

*glower*

But you're right, at least it's not hair all over. ;)

No waxing the Wookie!

15. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    BRING MONEY, THERE IS LOTS OF COOL STUFF TO BUY! We went to the press party on 5/4 and gala opening day 5/5 (did NOT actually see K.G. take the on-stage header, unfortunately, I would have paid real money...) -- but the ear hats this year are GOLD, VERY cool! They're on a camel-colored hat base with very nice (not cheesy) gold plastic ears. Adult size was literally sold out by Friday aft, but they were getting more pronto, so it shouldn't be a problem. Hint: Get your hats at the Mad Hatter shop right at the base of main street, they pretty much send everyone to get their embroidery done there anyway, and they had plenty of adult size, with very little waiting.

NEW FIREWORKS: KICK ASS. That's all I'm going to say. Except that towards the end there is some VERY familiar (and VERY appropriate to this list, hint, hint, HINT!!!) soundtrack music with huge explosions and people just going freakarama.

COOLEST IDEA: All of the 13 original rides in Fantasyland have one "gold" painted ride car (boat, horse, elephant, etc.) They also have a static one outside each ride where you can have your photo taken so you don't have to whine and moan and wait forever for the one in the ride itself. Brilliant.

We figured going on the first two days of the celebration would be either a great idea or a really stupid one. Fortunately it turned out to be the former, but we booked out of there before the weekend/Mother's day crowd. Looks like this "Celebration" turned out better than C3 (as far as weather, stuff to buy, no really long lines!) from what I hear. But then I went to C-1 in Denver, and the memory of Jedi-Stock (again, long lines, crappy weather, 'exclusive' stuff sold out, etc. -- that sound familiar?) is actually what finally deterred me from going this time. What was that saying, fool me once? MAYBE next time. Maybe.

So Kenobi, what's wrong with your bud's arm? Surgery? Carpal tunnel? I have that, it sucks. Tell her my coworker got over the surgery completely in six weeks and was back to work in two (she had the 'keyhole' procedure) so don't worry.

Caryn B.

16. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    That really sounds like it'll be a great time.

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey MrCottonsParrot: Thanks for the insight on the cool stuff at DLand..can hardly wait to go!

Jos (aka Siri) had torn tendons and muscles in her right elbow, so that is the reason for the surgery. She did have the Keyhole proceedure also, and is scheduled to be back at work in 7 weeks.

BTW I understand that there are going to be "Unofficial SW Day" t-shirts for sale. As soon as I know more, I pass it on

18. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I am definitely t-shirt interested.

19. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Just a reminder, this is a month away. Hopefully if you guys can still make it down. We'll be making a small amount of shirts with the image from the website on it, PM me if you're interested.

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Yes, Siri and I are going! Yes we want T-Shirts...and Yes, will be PMing you!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.