main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day at Disneyland - 6th year

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
  2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Woot! I'll update the myspace/facebook pages

3. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Cool. Oh yeah, with Disney's give a day get a Disney day promotion, you might even be able to get into the park for free!

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I heard that might be ending soon because so many people had already done it?

5. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    yup, if you want to do it, ya gotta sign up soon. Because Disnye can't aford to give away too many tickets :rolleyes:
    They want people to help ther community, but not that many people to help.

6. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Disney's Give A Day, Get A Day volunteer program ended yesterday. They reached their goal of 1 million volunteers.

7. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    [image=http://www.starwarsdisneyland.com/2010-logo.jpg]

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    \
    Oooh Gonna have to get that shirt for Captain EO alone! Brilliant!

9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    If next year's Fan Day happens the day Star Tours 2.0 opens, a bunch of us plan to be there from NorCal, as one of our own is Boba Fett in the new incarnation of the ride!

:D

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    That would be cool as one of our (SoCal/Sunrider Base RL) own is the Snow Speeder pilot. We could have a mini-fan day with our own guest celebrities!

11. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Yes! We've been told that Dean has been invited to the opening, so depending on when that is should (I think) determine the date of next year's SWFD.

:D

12. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    hey guys, just heads up, if you're going to order a shirt, please do it soon

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Just realized while making our hotel reservations that this is indeed falling on a Sunday this year. There is a large number of us that come from out of town and Sunday is a travel day. (Work on Monday) Right now there is discussion if people want to pay to get into the park only for a few hours.

Also, there was a group from Colorado that was coming out and planned their Disneyland trip around the last Sat (being that's when we used to have it) only to find that they won't be able to attend afterall due to travel on Sunday.

Hopefully, this will go back to Saturday next year so us out-of-towner's will be able to attend for the entire day..or at all.

Thanks!

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    yeah, there probably won't be a next year.

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Sorry to hear that. I've been at every one so far and it is always one of events I look forward to.

16. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I've been to them all too! haha! last year the most popular request we had was to make it Sunday so that people with a delux annual pass can go.
    Also the number of people going has gotten smaller since the 3rd year. And T-shirt sals this year were awful. We sold maybe 10 shirts, and that includes the ones from previous years the we made availabe for sale (which is something people have requested for a while).
    Then there's some people that are going to go for the last day of Star Tours instead. It's all so sad to me.
    If someone else wants to run the website or whatever they can. I'm just not going to do it anymore. and the shirt guy won't make the shirts if on;y a few people are going to order them

17. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    That's a shame particularly as this is the best t-shirt yet

I'd think it may be about a new way of getting word out for it, although I'm saying that without actually knowing what that way would be.

18. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    yeah, I don't think that's the problem. We can't get the word out anymore than we have. I may try something though, since next years shirt was going to be fabulous

19. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Very sad to here this may be the last year, as this will be my first year! My daughter and I will be there Sunday and Monday. Also, if there are any leftover shirts from any year, let me know, I might take'em off your hands.

(edit) Also, I would suggest advertising it here for next year, if there is one. They have all kinds of "unofficial" happenings on it, and I'm sure they'd love to hear about it!

20. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I've e-mailed every disney or star wars related sight I can find, and always ask people to help me spread the word.

I might be able to sell some more shirts after the event.

Edit: Just fixing a spelling error that resulted in profanity

21. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I've a friend who didn't know that there was going to be a cut off on the shirts that will likely buy one if that becomes an option as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.