main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The planet doesn't have a capital city - it is a capital city :D

That said, the region around the Jedi Temple and Senate is probably the closest equivalent.

FlashDriver and Emperor Ferus like this.
  2. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Moana is the worst Disney musical.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The best era of Disney movies was the early 2000's, from The Emperor's New Groove to Home on the Range. The animation was fluid and confident, the blending with CG effects grew better with each film, and the stories were all very unique and mould-breaking.

4. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    The Little Mermaid and Frozen are two of the worst Disney princess movies. Tangled was much better than either of them. I'd say those are unpopular sentiments of mine. :p

Valency Jane and PCCViking like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Princess Mononoke is superior to all this peasantry going on around here.

6. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Nah, Princess Yuki is better.:D
    [​IMG]

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  7. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Way late but one more for the road, Prince of Egypt is better than any of the Disney renaissance musicals. Better songs, better character development, better score.

8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Well, Prince of Egypt was playing with the big boys back then. (See what I did there?) :D

Darth Dnej likes this.
  9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    At the risk of being too off topic,

I will agree compared to the other Disney classics Moana is a weaker film-the music especially was quite weak IMO. But in terms of animation-it was breathtakingly beautiful to look at!! My kids watch that movie all the time, so I have almost all the songs memorized :rolleyes:

In Little Mermaid, the story left something to be desired, IMO but it's by far my favorite in terms of music. Under The Sea is my favorite Disney song!

Kay, anyways, ON topic:

I have always liked the pan up in the AOTC opening. I've heard many gripe about it, but I thought it was a cool effect. I hope we might be treated to something other than a pan-down in one of the ST films...

Valency Jane likes this.
  10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    AOTC Tusken slaughter > ROTS Separatist slaughter > R1 Rebel slaughter

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  11. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

R1 was a nice fanservice and I admit, there was some excitement.

However, nothing can add up to the emotional power of AOTC/ROTS slaughters.

12. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Here's one I think is pretty unpopular - the ROTS novelisation by Matt Stover is REALLY overrated.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "This is how it feels to be jakobitis89...forever." :p

That is a fairly unpopular opinion I think but not the first time I've heard it.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I would add that I don't like Star Wars to this thread, but it seems to be common among Star Wars fans.

15. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    The pan-up was one of my favorite things about Attack of the Clones. It felt really jarring the first time.
    Unpopular opinion: Jar Jar wasn't in Revenge of the Sith enough. Since he was a major character, he should have had at least one good scene instead of barely there. It just seems like a cop-out.

Valency Jane likes this.
  16. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I don't get the hype behind Dave Filoni.

17. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I used to complain about this all the time :p

another thing that annoys me, is little minor errors in the book like stating Amidala being the youngest queen elected. Big deal? not really in the grand scheme of things but then I hear Lucas "edited it line by line" whatever the heck that means. THEN it becomes an annoyance.

18. Mace Windu is GOAT

Mace Windu is GOAT Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    The PT is just as good as the OT.

19. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Karen Traviss' books were actually good *shots fired*

20. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Anything besides what's in the movies is effectively worthless. Canon or not canon.

Organafan, DarthCricketer and Sarge like this.
  21. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    The first Republic Commando was genuinely great. And as a writer she is probably one of the best to work in the EU. However, her... vehement... views and her constant overreaction to just about anything sour the works by association for me. I mean, ''Talifans'' is only a micrometer away from invoking Godwin's Law if at all.

TheAdmiral likes this.
  22. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    As a fandalorian I liked how she depicted the Mandos and the Clones. Also liked the other perspective on the Jedi and on the Force users in general.

Pain and Suffering likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked her Clone Wars novelization and No Prisoners. I thought she was a bit too antagonistic towards the Jedi as characters for the most part though.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    The idea of another perspective on the Jedi and the Force was a good one, and at first approached with a degree of subtlety inasmuch as you could conceivably read it as merely a character's own thoughts and not as some absolute fact. Unfortunately further down the line the ''alternative perspective'' was pretty crammed down reader's throats as the One True Perspective and any other was a lie. Coupled with the personal and direct attacks on people for the diabolical sin of actually liking the Jedi (she said that being a fan of the Jedi was the exact same thing as being a proponent of the slave trade. Literally.) and it became too hard for me to separate the author from the work.

Then again, another of my unpopular opinions (though I suspect not as unpopular as others I have put forward) is that the Mandalorians as a race of Badasses who go around fighting Jedi through technology and sheer machismo is just awful. Boba Fett's status as a badass in the movies proper was only ever memetic among fans. For writers to then make this status canonical is one thing (if done properly and thoughtfully, Last Man Standing is outstanding in this regard) but with every Mandalorian therefore ALSO being super badass Jedi killing mercenaries takes it to almost self-parodic levels.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It was more "liking the Jedi for being cool lightsaber users is fine - believing everything they do is "morally justified" isn't" as I recall.

http://www.karentraviss.com/page22/files/Is_it_true_you_hate_Jedi_.html

As someone who'd already been hit by a lot of personal attacks - she'd grown very touchy and prone to counterattacking.

FlashDriver and Mia Mesharad like this.