main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Why not? To each his own. While I have nothing against the Battle of Endor - and it's really done well - I still enjoy Yavin more. Possibly it's only my personal nostalgia though.:p I was just a kid then and had never before seen a space battle on screen (with the possible exception of some Star Trek episodes), so it's more special to me.

Martoto77 likes this.
  2. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    What the Battle of Yavin lacks in effects it more than makes up for with editing, suspense, and buildup. Also, the Special Editions did a good job in augmenting it with cool visual shots that seem to blend in seamlessly with the sequence without sticking out like a sore thumb. ( in spite of all the criticisms that the SE gets in general for added effects that stick out). I think Martoto makes a good point that it doesn't cut to other skirmishes throughout like a lot of other space battles, which gives it an advantage. If it werent for the Battle of Yavin I would have TPM ranked above ANH.

Martoto77 likes this.
  3. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    1. I have much more excitement for the Anthologies than I do the remaining saga films.

2. I feel Daisy Ridley has been miscast as Rey. I would have chosen Alicia Vikander, a much better actress IMO.

4. 1.- The KOTOR games have a better story than the main story of the Star Wars movies
    2.-I like the prequels more than the Original Trilogy especially for the Dark Horse comics, the novels, and videogames related to the prequels
    3.-The death of Darth Sidious was pretty stupid
    4.-Sidious is not the most powerful Sith of all time
    5.-I don't like Ahsoka character
    6.-TFA is a boring movie and his story is not very original
    7.-I don't like Kylo Ren or Rey
    8.-Star Wars must have ended in Return of the Jedi
    9.- TFA was not written by Lucas so it's not canon for me
    10.- The Jedi of the time of the prequels were corrupt
    11.-I don't hate Disney for buying Star Wars but since their purchase they have done very stupid things in the saga
    12.-Mace Windu and Dooku were more poweful than Yoda
    13.-Anakin/Vader is not the choosen one
    14.- I do not like the Clone Wars series (3D) I prefer the 2003 series
    15.- I hate what they did to Luke in the new movies

5. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    I don't care about the colors of lightsabers.
    One opinion that seems popular is that deleted scenes should be reinserted, but I prefer all the ones I've seen be left out.

6. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Vikander is an excellent actress but would not suit Rey at all. I just can't see her pulling off the kind of wide-eyed naivety and idealism that the character needs and that Daisy Ridley had in abundance (in part because it was her first major role in, well, anything.) I would love to see Alicia Vikander in SW in some capacity but I don't think Rey was the role for her.

7. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    I don't want an Obi-Wan standalone film (I feel that most of his major events have already been covered).

Better topics for standalone films could be:

A young Palpatine story (expanding on the opera house scene)
    or
    A movie about Luke's jedi academy in between episodes VI and VII
    or
    Yoda's whole story from discovery up until TPM
    or
    Chewbacca vs Bossk - enough said

8. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    They could easily make all of those movies though (though I think a Palpatine or Chewbacca movie is a bit far fetched). LFL making an Obi-Wan movie wouldn't stop them from eventually making a Yoda movie, which I'm sure they are thinking of.

9. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    For me, I guess an unpopular opinion would be that those were the wrong character traits for her to have. It makes sense for Luke to possess them, but not Rey.

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  10. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    I hate Ahsoka Tano. She is overly sexualized, "marysueish" creator's pet.
    and most of her fans adore her, because she's "hot".

11. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    I disagree. Ashoka became a great character because of her development(and well loved because of that)She matures in TCW and in Rebels into a master Jedi.

Though the creators pet is very true. Filoni is incredibly attached to her.

Grievousdude and darkspine10 like this.
  12. Ahsoka reminds me Aayla Secura of Legends she has the same personality as her
    She is not a very orginal character at least in my opinion

13. rpeugh

Apr 10, 2002
    I think I have mentioned this already in this very old thread, but I am going to post it again to see if this opinion has become any more popular:

The deletion of the entire Rebel Alliance subplot in ROTS is the best and most crucial editing decision of the entire PT.

14. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Can you elaborate?

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Bail, Padme, and Mon Mothma discuss Palpatine's increasingly dictatorial behaviour and what they can do to oppose it. The Matt Stover novel has his version of it.

The Databank includes pictures from those deleted scenes as part of certain character biographies:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/bail-organa-biography-gallery
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/mon-mothma
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/padm-amidala-biography-gallery

And when I look it up online - this is the script I find:

81 INT. CORUSCANT-BAIL ORGANA'S OFFICE-DAY
    PADME, BAIL ORGANA, and SENATORS MON MOTHMA, FANG ZAR, TERR TANEEL, and GIDDEAN DANU sit in Senator Organa 's office.

BAIL ORGANA: Now that he has control of the Jedi Council, the Chancellor has appointed Governors to oversee all star systems in the Republic.

FANG ZAR: When did this happen?

BAIL ORGANA: The decree was posted this morning.

PADME: Do you think he will dismantle the Senate?

MON MOTHMA: Why bother? As a practical matter, the Senate no longer exists.

GIDDEAN DANU: The constitution is in shreds. Amendment after amendment . . . executive directives, sometimes a dozen in one day.

BAIL ORGANA: We can't let a thousand years of democracy disappear without a fight.

EVERYONE looks at each other, a little worried at the implications of what was just said.

TERR TANEEL: What are you suggesting?

BAIL ORGANA: I apologize. I didn't mean to sound like a Separatist.

MON MOTHMA: We are not Separatists trying to leave the Republic. We are loyalists, trying to preserve democracy in the Republic.

BAIL ORGANA: It has become increasingly clear to many of us that the Chancellor has become an enemy of democracy.

PADME: I can't believe it has come to this! Chancellor Palpatine is one of my oldest advisors. He served as my Ambassador when I was Queen.

GlDDEAN DANU: Senator, I fear you underestimate the amount of corruption that has taken hold in the Senate.

MON MOTHMA: The Chancellor has played the Senators well. They know where the power lies, and they will do whatever it takes to share in it. Palpatine has become a dictator and we have helped him to do it.

BAIL ORGANA: We can't sit around debating any longer, we have decided to do what we can to stop it. Senator Mon Mothma and I are putting together an organization . . .

PADME: Say no more. Senator Organa. I understand. At this point, it's better to leave some things unsaid.

BAIL ORGANA: Yes. I agree and we must not discuss this with anyone, without everyone in this group agreeing.

MON MOTHMA: That means those closest to you . . . even family ... no one can be told.

They ALL nod their heads. PADME considers this for a moment.

PADME: Agreed.

FlashDriver and Emperor Ferus like this.
  16. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Is it about the politics?

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Wasn't the war?

18. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I'm asking if you don't like the scene because of the politics.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. rpeugh

Apr 10, 2002

Its not the politics I dislike in those scenes. I have vehemently defended the politics in the prequels and to this day I remain baffled that people complained about it so much. But episode 3 is supposed to be the pay off for all that political setup in episodes 1 and 2. I don't dislike the scenes themselves either (although for some reason the acting doesn't seem quite up to par.) My big problem with keeping them in is I feel they would have bogged down the pacing of the movie to a screeching halt without much upside. I think it is far more effective to keep most of the focus on Anakin and his anxieties and the plotting between the Jedi Council and Palpatine. I feel it is mostly because of this pacing that episode 3 is by far the most popular prequel.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The Clone Wars movie is good

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The chronological order for TCW is overrated. Nothing is lost by watching in airing order, as the show intentionally jumps around in time and space.

Now to contradict myself, the chrono order is wrong regarding the Season 6 Clovis arc, which should go before the Season 5 Maul and Ahsoka arcs.

Yes, I don't care for the chrono order, but it might as well be correct. :p I can't keep track of all the times I've had to interject that the order is wrong for new viewers.

Emperor Ferus and Darth Dnej like this.
  22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The performances of Ridley and Driver were pretty weak. I just don't feel like they displayed much emotional range or depth.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  23. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Driver was perfectly fine. He's a great actor. Daisy has the looks...But her acting is pretty generic, and isn't even typical in Star Wars terms. Though I am interested to see where her acting talents take her. She has potential but the director needs to give her something a bit more unique this time around.

Darthman92 likes this.
  24. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    I was fine with the performances of all the new actors myself. I just would've wished they'd been given less generic material to work with.

Emperor Ferus and Sarge like this.
  25. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Lightsaber colors need to be much more significant. My idea goes like this:
    -Blue = Jedi
    -Red = Sith
    -White = Imperial Knights
    -Yellow = Eternal Empire Knights
    -Green = Exclusive to Luke

There should be occasional exceptions but in general each color should belong to a particular faction. The fact that the Jedi run around with blue, green, purple, yellow, etc colored lightsabers is just bothersome. Why should the Sith be limited to red while the Jedi get whatever color they want? Blue = Jedi and Red = Sith was Lucas' original vision.