Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.
It's not the saber the villain needs, it's the saber the villain deserves.
I think Starchaser is a better SW ripoff than TFA.
ROTJ has the worst action choreography (not just talking about lightsabers here) of the entire saga.
Boba Fett didn't get interesting until AOTC.
They really demystified Boba in AOTC by revealing him to be a clone with daddy issues.
I don't like how they skip over how Maz came to have Anakins / Lukes lightsaber.
Order 66 holds no emotional weight as the majority of the Jedi were characters that we hardly knew or cared about.
For the OT Darth Vaders voice is at its worst in the original, I much prefer the Empire and Jedi voice over.
Han Solo is overrated.
If you ignore reviews and box office numbers.
The PT delivered the best lightsaber duel thus far (Qui Gon and Obi Wan vs Maul) BUT - The duel at the end of ROTS is the worst of the lot! In what should have been the best duel with the most emotional weight behind it...just isn't! It has no emotion... Is horribly executed... Doesn't look real in the slightest... (Ewans acting at the end is fantastic though...and Anakin burning is a great scene but too little too late and all that)
The backstory of Obi Wan and Vader fighting beside a volcano and Vader falling in is sooo rich and epic when you think about it - This did not deliver!
Great duel but Empire wins it for me.
100% agree on this one. It should have been the biggie of the entire saga.
How interesting is that story likely to be? Some worker found it in Cloud City, someone traded it with Maz.
The Clone Wars theatrical movie is not that bad.
I have never had any interest in Boba Fett and genuinely cannot understand why he's popular.
Killing Snoke suddenly without any backstory given was a fantastic decision. The point it makes is that this is NOT Snoke's story and we should be focussing on Kylo Ren, and I think a lot of fans needed a sharp reminder of that.
Leia's flying scene was absolutely awesome.
Chewie has been more interesting in the ST era than he was in the OT era, Disney have done a great job with him, and he works well without Han.
I'd happily never see Threepio and Artoo again, and their continued presence is beginning to stretch the credibility of the story - Snoke, Ackbar, Luke, Phasma, Holdo and basically the entire Resistance goes down while Threepio is in the warzone for the entire movie and escapes without a scratch... The character shielding is just too obvious.
Star Wars isn't realistic, never has been. I know we have our differences but I'm just saying.
Disney ruined the essence and magic of Star Wars for me
They have prostituted the franchise in the worst possible way
They have done bad sequels, with a very bad story, ruined in the worst way possible to the original characters a making a new canon terribly bad
Sometimes I think of why people continue to defend what Disney does with the franchise because in a few years they have hurt the saga more than George Lucas himself has done
And I bet that Episode IX will end the saga in the worst possible way
Which was exactly what?
I might be too harsh, but that's why this opinion may be unpopular - the deaths of the OT's big two are a disaster.
Han's death in TFA is so undeserving not only for Han's character as a whole, but for Harrison Ford too. Poorly serving as Ben's seal to the dark side, even more as a culmination of never seen and not nearly good enough explained family rift, it mostly relies on Han we know from the OT and serves as not properly founded low point for Rey and her journey with Kylo as her enemy.
Luke's joining with the Force is, again, a giant anticlimax. TFA mostly (well, not really) served as a journey to Luke, but he's then shown as a man waiting for his death. His lessons to Rey are beyond pointless and his final stand is, again, pointless, as Rey is the one who saves the day. It's a disgrace that such a greater character with an amazing actor is overshadowed by a two dimensional character who gained all the abilities Luke and his father learned for years and years in a matter of days.
I'd be interested to see you elaborate more on your thoughts.
Kanan's new haircut is not that bad.
Hmmm, been thinking about the topic of this thread for some time now. A few thoughts:-
- Luke's character in Last Jedi is entirely consistent with the history of his father. Namely that the Jedi are failable.
- Force Awakens destroyed the character of Han Solo by making him a coward who bottled out of raising his son and fighting to establish the New Republic.
- There is nothing annoying about Ewoks and they are no more "cute" than Jawas.
- Rogue One is mostly garbage for the first two acts, has bland and uninteresting characters and is only popular because of a third act of fanboy porn.
- Darth Maul looks ridiculous prancing around like a ballet dancer on speed during the Phantom Menace end fight.
- Darth Maul no longer looks menacing once he takes off his hood.
- And while still on Darth Maul, he should not have been brought back for Clone Wars or Rebels, with the latter ruining the character.
- Kylo Ren is a bit boring and doesn't feel remotely villainous.
- In terms of world building and imagination, the prequels are vastly superior to anything put out by Disney, even if some of the choices made didn't work.
- Return of the Jedi is better than A New Hope in terms of pure entertainment.
- As much as I love Carrie Fisher, Leia was never sexy or particularly attractive.
- Mace Windu is a terrible character, not a bad ass MF.
- Captain Phasma was a complete waste of time.
- The Millennium Falcon is a bit, well, crap. The Imperial ships are all cooler.
- Anthony Daniels is a narcissist.
- Disney is putting out SW content too fast and sooner or later the franchise will grind to a halt like the Star Trek franchise did in the early to mid 2000s.
....and perhaps my most controversial one of all...
- The Emperor is a more interesting villain than Darth Vader.
Dang those were unpopular.
She's got it where it counts, kid.
Well the captain Phasma one was not really unpopular