main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Let's hope they never get Ford back to play old Han. I can't see him pulling off a convincing Ehrenreich impersonation.

2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    It would be too much to handle. Plus, how can Harrison play Indiana Jones when Shia LaBeouf already proved he is the only one for the job?

3. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Speaking of, Alec Guinesses’s Ewan McGregor impression is spot on. Especially that part where his hand rubs his lips. It’s too bad this performance is generally underrated.

4. crazyewok

crazyewok Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 27, 2017
    The destruction of Alderaan made sense :emperor:

5. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    The Force is more Taoist than Buddhist. The Jedi themselves are Buddhist analogs, tho.

The Sith are Satanic Objectivists.

6. RandySolo

RandySolo Jedi Knight

Jun 12, 2018
    I haven't seen SOLO yet, so I can't compare, but I understand the sentiment. I feel the same way about Perry King. I REALLY wish King had played Han in the movies. I was disappointed when I found out he had tried out for the part, but Lucas cast Ford instead. Oh well. At least King made an excellent Han Solo on the radio series.

Deliveranze likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

christophero30 and Deliveranze like this.
  8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I still wish they would dub over AE's voice with something closer to HF's! This could be popular, I'm not sure...

christophero30 likes this.
  9. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    Does enjoying the anthology films more than the mainline saga installments among Disney's entries count as an unpopular opinion?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    wobbits, Sarge and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Agreed. Even so, he did not deserved the treatment he got in TFA. Yeah I'm still mad.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  11. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I'm very glad someone else remembers Perry King's work in the radio adaptations. I think he fit the radio's snarkier, more philosophical Han quite well, while Harrison Ford's work in the movies was equally good as a slightly different Han.

12. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Maybe Perry King should have been Indiana Jones as well. :p

13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    One of my favorite scenes in the whole saga is Dex's Diner in AOTC.

14. RandySolo

RandySolo Jedi Knight

Jun 12, 2018
    Nah. The issue for me is completely replacing Ford in Star Wars in the hopes of having Solo's stupid, pointless death reversed. Its well known that Ford hates Star Wars and wanted Solo dead, a puzzling situation, given that 32 year period where he played everything except Han Solo, so it's not like he was tied to the character (that made his career, incidentally), and nobody expected him to ever return to the role.

To my knoweldge, King has never expressed similar sentiments although for all I know he could feel the same way and has just never said so.

christophero30 likes this.
  15. RandySolo

RandySolo Jedi Knight

Jun 12, 2018
    The radio versions remain my favorite version of the OT, even more than the films.

It's too bad there isn't really a market for that kind of radio show anymore otherwise we might have gotten expanded versions of the PT also.

16. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Seconded, it's such a small scene but says so much about both the universe and how Jedi work.

A probably very unpopular one: I loved the scene where Luke milked the "sea cow" and drank straight from the udder. I drank milk straight from the udder on a good few occasions during my childhood, and loved it. Plus, that's farm life, and Luke did grow up on a farm. Well done there, RJ!

Jedi Princess and DARTH_BELO like this.
  17. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Well, there is, as Big Finish has shown. It's just a matter of securing the rights, and getting top notch talent.

18. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    I think the biggest issue is that the udders on the sea cow look more like human tits than the udders of a cow

19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    In my opinion, there was just no need for that scene at all. It was completely gratuitous.

20. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    Why would that be an issue? The purpose of human breasts is to provide milk.

21. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    So you're saying it was udderly gratuitious?

22. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    Meant to add this to my previous post but ran out of time... female seals and walruses are called cows and they don't have udders, so I'm not sure why the creature in TLJ is expected to have udders like a bovine.

23. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    This has now gotten to the point of being utterly rediculous. Its a star wars movie, not some episode of Mr. Rodgers Barn.

:cool:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    christophero30 and RiddleMeThis like this.
  24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I would hardly call them objectivists. There's no objectivism in their amorality nor in their views of good and evil.

"Good is a point of view, Anakin." - Palpatine

25. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I think, it's a really unpopular opinion, but ANH is my least favourite of all movies.

It's not, that I don't like it, it's just that my feelings about it never really changed since I was 7 years old. Back then I asked my father why I should care when most of the characters don't and that feeling is still there. (I've trouble to read facial emotions, so Luke's "breakdown" was the only thing I really got as a kid.)

The only reason I watched all movies back then was my fathers promise, that "der Schwarzkopf" is in the next movies. Funny note aside: I still call hair products from Schwarzkopf Vader.

Lulu Mars likes this.