main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Ezekial

Ezekial Jedi Master star 3

May 24, 2002
    Return of the Jedi is better than Revenge of the Sith. Revenge of the Sith is actually utter garbage.

TheWatcher likes this.
  2. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    Well both of them are quality. to be honest I pick them two over empire if forced.

Also I was surprised but ended up liking that Luke and Leia were brother and sister, I'm not for love triangles. I see too many of them on the telly.

IIA_MasterSHenson and Iron_lord like this.
  3. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Luke and Leia make a better couple than Han and Leia, in my opinion. I've always lamented the "sister" plot twist and not just for this reason but also because I think it marginalizes Leia's character too much.

I very much enjoy the closeness, kindness, and respect Luke and Leia have for one another. They support each other through everything and I can only see them as positive influences in each others' lives.

Andy Wylde and Sarge like this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Why should that element make them romantic? I like the aspect too but as siblings.

5. PiettsHat

Jan 1, 2011

Oh, it doesn't have to make them romantic. I simply like Luke and Leia together far more than Han and Leia. Now, if Han and Leia ran with the Gone with the Wind theme and the romance played itself as a destructive but passionate affair, I wouldn't mind. But it doesn't.

I much prefer Luke's interactions with Leia because I feel he often shows far more consideration and respect for her feelings than Han does (especially in ESB). Luke is a genuinely nice person with a good heart. I think that their relationship already is very sweet and so if they became a couple, I wouldn't have a problem with it (barring the whole sister thing). If they just stay friends, though, that is fine as well.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I prefer L and L's relationship too but I can't see them as romantic given GL made them twins. If they weren't so I think Luke would be a fine husband choice for her.

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, it can always be like "Game Of Thrones".

[​IMG]

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Or it can be like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood with Caesar Borgia and his sister :p

9. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I fear Rebels and episode 7 will be spoilt by OT lovers (no offense intended) I grew up with the PT. I'm fed up of people saying that here favourite film is empire and there favourite scene is the cantina. Mine is empire and ROTS but if I counted the whole clone wars then it's that. I have a bad feeling about the future of this franchise and might "jump ship." (no of course not but just like the older stuff)

-Jedi Joe- and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Everyone is entitled to like or not whatever they choose in SW. [:D] I too weary of all the nonsense in-fighting. I may well just go silent again. So much needless arguing goes on. Whatever happened to civilised discussions? It seems like as soon as someone dares disagree with someone else war threatens.

Btw, I prefer the OT personally and many do cite Empire as the best film but that doesn't mean you're wrong to like what you do despite the manner of some. :) I love some of the 'baddies' and their actors. The flack I get doesn't make me like them less it actually makes me pity the detractors that seem so set on hating.

11. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    The two great blights on the SW community:
    1. People who bash the pt because it isn't the ot.
    2. People who think anyone who prefers the ot is a pt hater.
    Each as bad as the other imho.

wobbits, -Jedi Joe-, TX-20 and 5 others like this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I agree with Yak on 2. That really does get old. I prefer the OT and always will doesn't make me a PT hater. I also don't care for what I've seen so far of TCW but it doesn't mean I don't like SW altogether. I really tire of all these 'all or not a fan' types.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. PiettsHat

Jan 1, 2011

I agree with this completely.

In regards to #1, especially, I just don't understand this position at all. If you want the OT, then why don't you just…oh, I don't know…watch the OT? What's the point in making the PT exactly like the OT? It's a stupid reason to bash to PT, in my opinion.

And as to number 2, I agree as well. People aren't haters unless they constantly spew vitriol. But liking something more doesn't mean you can't enjoy or even just be neutral towards other parts of the Saga.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't think everyone that defends the OT simply hate the PT. I think some find it very hard to see them as cohesive as a Saga due to not fitting together hardly at all.

Yanksfan and only one kenobi like this.
  15. Ezekial

Ezekial Jedi Master star 3

May 24, 2002

1. We really can't enjoy the OT since Lucas insists on scarring the OT with his PT garbage.

2. The PT was really really bad from a pure writing standpoint. Like, stunningly bad. Like, North Korean propoganda bad. Seriously.

3. There were so many interesting energies from the OT that would have made the PT so interesting...and none were done in a satisfying way.

Yanksfan and sharkymcshark like this.
  16. PiettsHat

Jan 1, 2011

Every time I read your posts, it just makes me happier and happier that George Lucas made the Star Wars saga instead of you. :)

Also, your comparison of the PT to North Korean propaganda is hilariously hyperbolic. Way to have a sense of perspective dude.

17. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
  18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Nods* Thank you, Darth Nub. It's nice that some listen.

19. Rauno

Rauno Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2013
    Care to elaborate then?
    Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

20. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Aaand cue the off topic hate.

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think Crumb was in fact a superb makeup artist. [​IMG]

I mean seriously, who else is gonna do her makeup? Not leia, she doesn't want to be there. But Crumb is right there all the time.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [face_hypnotized]:confused:
    VLM, I just scanned the first line in your post, and I thought for a moment that you said Salacious Crumb is a superb makeout artist.

If you like that kind of thing, just keep it to yourself, OK? I'm sure there are websites for that.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  23. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    One should never skip the opening crawl

24. EdwardPatton

EdwardPatton Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2014
    I like the prequels... Oh dear...

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    ANH is Episode 1, ESB is Episode 2, ROTJ is Episode 3, TPM is Episode 4, AOTC is Episode 5 and ROTS is Episode 6.

Sarge likes this.