main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Why not have Greedo shoot him? Rewrite!

2. Mr. B

Mr. B Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2015
    Aside from thinking ROTJ is the best and loving the Ewoks...
    I'd have to say I think C-3PO is pretty brave. Yes, he's fussy and worrisome, but he has put himself through countless dangerous situations for the sake of friends. He was right on the front lines of a war. how many of us can actually say that?

3. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Same here. Any female that knows little of star wars can put on the Leia bikini and claim to be a "geek" But it takes a special type of female that would cosplay as say... Oola. I actually like those they haven't been done to death.

4. Delta Scepter

Delta Scepter Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2014
    The original version of A New Hope was complete mess that was very hastily cobbled together.

It also didn't make much sense either.

Ewok Poet and darskpine10 like this.
  5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I would rather watch Season 6, 7 and 8 of TCW than the Sequel trilogy. From what I've seen of the trailer, TFA is just the OT, rehashed and is not very innovative.

6. Delta Scepter

Delta Scepter Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2014

Basically, it's the world's most expensive fan film.

7. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    I like both of Vader's "Nooooo" lines in Sith and Jedi. I like the dance number in Jabba's Palace and all of the changes in Episodes 4, 5, and 6.

I like Jar-Jar and the Ewok's...a lot.

Both Christensen and Lloyd did excellent jobs portraying Anakin at three different stages of his life.

Darth Schlotkin and darskpine10 like this.
  8. Darth Schlotkin

Darth Schlotkin Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 6, 2015
    - The PT is GREAT and not only that, but it makes the OT even better than it is (this might be the most unpopular opinion ever,...LOL) & i disagree on pretty much every critiscism against it (since most apply to the OT too...no such thing as perfect anyway...).
    I could make a long-long list of disagreements just for this one but i'll only add these 2:
    The CGI Clone troopers looked and more importantly moved&functioned as an army better than any ST extra!
    The unCGIenhanced models of the OT were great for the 80s, but looked dated even by the early 90s, let alone during the early 00s...i'll just quote D.Murren for this: ''What the hell are you seeing?''

- I don't mind the changes in the OT (except the Jedi Rocks...ughhh...only thing missing was Miley Cyrus twerking...lol) and infact most are actual improvements (ex.Ewok end song or Emperor in TESB) or just can be overlooked (ex. R2 rock-blcok), imo. More important things are at play in the GFFA than wether who amongst 2 criminals shot or who shot first anyway...

- I'd edit out Vader taking orders from Tarkin & the Luke/Leia mother dialogue to make them consistent with the other 5. (I know what you're thinking...''more changes?''[face_talk_hand] )

- TFA will use practical effects & have the look of a late 70s/early 80s film...[face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

- I love the TFA crossguard-sabre!

- Christoph Waltz should play a high ranking Imperial Officer...smoking-pipe included :D!
    I don't know if i would get flamed for this, but i don't see it as a popular opinion either.
    [​IMG]

&
    This.
    Apart from looking like a flying horse-shoe, it has the cockpit in the most illogical position second only to facing backwards...
    I'd take a Venator or Eta2 or Tie-Interceptor or the Executor over it anyday...

L110 and darskpine10 like this.
  9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    John Williams sucks.

:p

10. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Venators were superior to the OT star destroyers in every way to me.

I wish they would bring back the Diecast range of ships they used to make. A venator or star destroyer model would be great.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  12. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I'm not so sure that's an opinion unpopular with fleet junkies!

The Venator is indeed a far more elegant craft, yet simultaneously has the behemoth aspect of a genuine warship. Its colouration and profile are just superior.

darskpine10 likes this.
  13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I was under the impression in the Fleet Junkie thread that it was the Venator that got the criticism - people like the brutal monotone of the Imperial-class, and dislike the red markings all over the Venator. And in the same way - the ISD's triangle is thought of as more geometric, and therefore more elegant in certain respects, than the big cut-outs on the flanks of the Venator.

14. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    *jumps into the thunderdome*
    • The Prequel Jedi were the best people and the most interesting characters
    • TCW is utter garbage and I wish it got cancelled much, much earlier
    • ROTS is as good a film as ESB (which doesn't say much if you're one of those that hates either but I love them both)
    • Ahsoka Tano is a glorified and worse version of Jar Jar Binks (high-pitched voice, annoying nicknames, pulls random victories out of hats, gets praised for stupid antics, and always hangs about the main characters even if she is not wanted).
    • The AT-ATs have an impractical design.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  15. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I like the big cut-outs. :p

But yeah, you're right, although thinking of fleet junkies (even if not operating under that name) elsewhere I think the Venator gets more love.

What do you think is the most appealing Star Destroyer looks-wise? I'd say my list goes something like the Pellaeon, Sovereign, Venator, the original concept Imperial and then the Bellator.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  17. JarJarAbrams

JarJarAbrams Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2015
    The AT-ATs had the dumbest design, I agree.

My favorite "walker" was probably that mobile artillery unit from AOTC. You know, that walker with millipede legs and a massive antimatter cannon that could shoot down Trade Federation droid-control ships like clay pigeons. That huge-ass artillery piece was a cool design.

The original-trilogy Star Destroyers looked more brutal and monotone...and impractical as hell. They were clunky, they were blocky, and they had massive unprotected areas. Efficiency's the point, not the neat geometric angles.

The ROTS Star Destroyers didn't just look smoother, but more efficient as well.

18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The Venator looks even blockier in certain respects - the blunt prow, and the twin bridges, spring to mind.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  19. JarJarAbrams

JarJarAbrams Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2015
    Links to the Fleet Junkie Thread plz

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    This was the earliest quote I found in that thread, on the ugliness of Venators:

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  21. Darth Schlotkin

Darth Schlotkin Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 6, 2015
    :rolleyes: why o why :rolleyes:

22. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    See, that's the problem with arguing aesthetics. You can only really say "It's off putting to me, because this and that aspects of it are... err. off putting to me."

To each his own I guess. ;)

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Besides, none of those SDs are nearly as good-looking as the old Victories.

24. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Exactly. And Vics are not nearly as good-looking as the Pellaeon or Imperious... :p

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  25. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    I don't mind midichlorians.

I don't really wish to see the OOT. Changes made to align all six films together warm my heart because I love the fact that the saga is a tale that spans decades!

Padmé is a great character. When it's all said and done, she lived a good life and fought for what she believed in. Continously went out of her way to make sure what she was doing was for the greater good, and that it was effective.

I think I enjoy/like TCW more than the films sometimes.

Everything is canon from a certain point of view. Headcanon-ing is a beautiful thing. More folks gotta try it.

Gungans are hella interesting.

I hope the new movies please the kids of today more than anybody. I think Star Wars is for everybody, but I hope it does them the most good. They deserve a good entry point to the GFFA and even if I and other more older fans who have already been consuming SW for so many years don't like the films that much, if they do and they become enthralled and wowed and instantly hooked to the point where its their whole world - I'm happy.

Vizzy91, B3 and Iron_lord like this.