main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unpopular Star Wars opinions!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

Yes, well... that's always liable to be problematic.

BTW, I noticed a small typo in my post, looking back:

Should read: "two to three weeks of reorganizing".

See, mistakes easily creep in. That's why checking and re-checking are preferable to skimming and taking things at face value.

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    (Seriously, allow non-troublemakers to edit typos. I look at the typo I made in my introduction topic in August and I feel bad about it.)

SatineNaberrie likes this.
  3. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I actually prefer the new celebration song in ROTJ then Yub Nub. Lot of that has to do with me watching the special editions more then the original versions, but also just like the tune to it as it has a truly victories feel to it.

4. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    Despite some plot issues(like recycled Death Star), ROTJ has the best movie pacing out of the SW saga.

Ewok Poet and Sarge like this.
  5. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I feel both Anthony Daniels and Ahmed Best are underrated for what they've brought to the saga.

6. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Jar Jar isn't that bad. Ashoska, and many other Clone Wars characters are.

lookameatbag likes this.
  7. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    There is no such thing as The Original Star Wars Trilogy.
    There is no such thing as The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy.
    There is only The Star Wars Saga.

8. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I like some fan fiction better than canon

*please don't bite my head off

9. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Oh completely agree. Ruth Baulding's work remains among my favourite Star Wars material. I find the distinction between fanfiction and "actual" material quite arbitrary (especially if people like Filoni and Traviss are on board). Most people putting out new SW stuff are fans anyway.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    TCW and Rebels aren't canon.

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    There's very little I accept in TCW. Basically only Yularen and The Nightsisters Arc for Dooku.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  12. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I kinda hope Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc pit. Boy, this is going to turn some heads. Before anyone says anything, I'm not one of those fans that desperately wants Fett to live, I'm fine with him still dead. But I feel there was still some potential for the character, and I almost hope the rumored spin off will be about what Fett was doing after the Battle of Endor. The character has gone up and down with me over the years. First he was my favorite character as a child, then I started to like Jango better. Strangely enough, I'm slowly starting to get into the character again. Again, if he still turns out dead by the events of TFA, I'm fine with that.

13. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    Pernilla August is the most underrated actor of the saga.

14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Clones are boring characters. I was glad there was a TCW episode about a Jedi who distrusts them even if he ended up being with the separatists.

15. hairymuggle

Apr 28, 2014
    I liked them; but TCW sort of "sanitised" them by making them like any other person. I kind of wish they went with the Quinlan vs Bly dynamic though. It's more complicated. Quinlan's not evil, and neither was Bly (yet), it would've been more interesting than Bad Jedi vs Good clone.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I prefer the clones from the Micro-series

17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't like clones and think it's dangerous to treat a few like individuals and yet still create them to die in the stead of others. Awful messages.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Isn't the whole point of "Clones are People Too" stories, the message that it's wrong to create any kind of sapients as slaves - be they clone, or "produced via other means of reproduction"?

It would be no more evil, if someone had sold vast quantities of eggs, and vast quantities of sperm, to the Kaminoans, and they'd created a vast army of "test tube babies" with no genetic engineering, and no cloning.

What matters is how they were raised, not how they were made. And how they were raised, was as property.

My "unpopular view" is that Traviss, whatever her flaws, was one of the best things to happen to Star Wars - because she took a radically different attitude to many things, when compared to the norms in previous works.

19. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I like some of the clones like Fives, but it was wrong to create people to fight. I see clones like Fives as victims.
    They should have shown Padme abhor the idea explicitly. the Republic is portrayed as good yet they are the ones with the clone army.

I am glad that Duchess Satine wanted to stay out of this war.

Does Yoda approve of this? I think Yoda is overrated.

This may seem weird, now I like good to win, but I kind of like the Separatist and Empire better than the Rebels and the Republic. And I don't mean I like Nute Gunrary and Palpatine, they didn't have good motives, but I like the idea of people wanting to do good in each of these governments. (I like the heroes on both sides episode with Mina Bonteri)

Luke raised as an Imperial could have been interesting.
    A lighter Dooku than the one in TCW would have been better.
    I don't like Palpatine controlling both sides. Maybe Dooku could have been independent instead.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  20. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I find Clone Wars (the microseries) boring. There seems to be very little plot, and I find the animation very lacking.

Vizzy91 likes this.
  21. hairymuggle

Apr 28, 2014
    Sure, but I don't see why they couldn't get that message across without pretending they were not genetically designed to be killers and fighters. Their template was a bounty hunter who loved his work (but he seemed to have a good relationship with his son - who also loved combat). You can make them people and still get the message across that "all life should be respected" and not "woobie-fy" them; it's been done before.

22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    SN: Well said! I think it's fan projection that paints the whole of Empire and Sith and specific figures like Tarkin as irredeemable' not actual content of the saga. All sides are grey and capable of good and ill.

I think Dooku is one of the 'lightest' misguided ones there is. He has great potential. I love that Satine had the wisdom to despise war and strive to remain clear of it. The Jedi are wrong to do what they did with the clones. Even with Sids playing *everyone* they did still have choices. Pretty much everyone erred. I see no heroes in SW.

I too prefer Empire and Sith. Likely always will. :)

23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    But aren't the Empire guilty of vastly worse things than the Jedi Order, and the Rebellion, are?

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
  25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    What the worst things you're prepared to admit the Sith and the Empire are guilty of - and what's the worst thing the Rebellion are guilty of, and what's the worst thing the Jedi Order are guilty of?

Just in the movies alone, the Empire destroy "a peaceful planet, with no weapons" - Alderaan. The Sith lead the people of the Separatist Alliance, and the people of the Old Republic, to war with each other.

The Rebellion destroy a superweapon which might have a few innocent people aboard, and the Jedi Order accept Palpatine's instructions to become generals, and take command of his army. Those are the worst things I can think off, offhand - and they're vastly less serious.