main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Unpopular TCW Opinions

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Delta289

Delta289 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2013
    Despite your counter arguments I still stand firm that TCW should never had been made and that Rebels should have been made in it's place. (or at least give TCW to Genndy Tarikovski so he could expand on his miniseries)

So much could have been saved.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't understand what was likable about her in the fifth season. Opinions and taste vary.

Darth__Lobot and wobbits like this.
  3. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012

Why can I only like a post once?!:_|

credar likes this.
  4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Haven't EU books done stuff about the Mortisons already? I liked Mortis, but I'd rather that stuff stay mysterious and open to interpretation.

As for Ahsoka, I dislike her in any season.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  5. Lowly Gungan

Lowly Gungan Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 11, 2022
    I think that Anakin could have been better in the series—I feel like it was difficult to see him as Hayden Christensen's character.

Darth__Lobot and Deliveranze like this.
  6. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I actually prefer Grievious in TCW to Genndy Tarikovski's Clone Wars. He feels much more like his movie counterpart. He was too OP in Genndy's Clone Wars.

Agreed. I actually think Genndy's Clone Wars did better in this department. Matt Lucas sounds a lot more like Hayden than Matt Lanter and he captures the character's mannerisms better. TCW Anakin felt too mature and charismatic. Movie Anakin was more sullen and brooding.

7. Lowly Gungan

Lowly Gungan Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 11, 2022
    I haven't seen Genndy Tarikovski's Clone Wars, but I'm not surprised, considering that it came out before Revenge of the Sith.
    Yes. I understand that a lot of people did not like movie Anakin—but then a lot of people did not like Jar Jar Binks, but I think The Clone Wars did much better at balancing out the comical clumsiness with his heroism. Anakin, however, felt to me like he was sometimes a different character. I would not mind him peaking for a bit during The Clone Wars and being less sullen for part of it (maybe after introducing Ahsoka), but I wish they had worked harder to lead Anakin's character into Episode 3.

Darth Baga and CosmoHender like this.
  8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Agreed. I don't blame Genndy since he was forced to guess and come up with an interpretation, but I can't praise it since it's so over the top and jarringly different from the actual character.

9. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Martez Sisters arc is still good. The problem was putting it in a short final season.
    Grievous is still quite capable in TCW, even if he's a fool at times.

10. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    A lot of people are Star Wars fans because of TCW. That alone justifies its existence.

Snafu55 likes this.
  11. TCW show is more enjoyable when you know its a different Universe from Legends
    if you see that TCW only happens in the New Canon/Disney Universe it is more enjoyable than mixing the show with Legends lore TCW is their own thing

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2022
    Darth Dnej likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    My unpopular opinion of this show. I love the droids episodes, and Jar Jar ones.

13. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I love them too. Mercy Mission and Nomad Droids are basically honorary Droids episodes. The D-Squad arc is also really funny. I also think the Jar Jar episodes made a lot of fans see him in a better light. I really loved The Disappeared arc with him and Mace Windu.

That's what I love about TCW. It has so much variety in terms of arcs and storylines. It gives minor characters a chance to shine.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  14. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Clone Wars was a show that could have run for 20 seasons and stayed within the 3 years of the war

15. Siri Tachi was a better Love interest for Obi Wan than Satine but honestly i would prefer that Obi Wan not had any Love interest i would like all the Jedi of the Prequels to be celibate just like Qui Gon told to Anakin in Episode 1 the life of a Jedi is always a hard life i think that is a reference to the Jedi being celibate

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2022
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But Jedi are not celibate we know that.

17. I know but i think it would have been better in my opinion if the Prequel Jedi were celibate
    I really think it doesnt make sense that Obi Wan had a romantic interest but he forbids Anakin being in Love with Padme

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    They aren't celibate as a rule, but they are on principle. They don't indulge in any meaningful romance because it goes in direct confict with the vows they took and what's required of them as Jedi, and of course they don't indulge their passions and lust since its contrary to their ways.

I'm not opposite of Obi-Wan having a love interest as long as it remains just a love interest and nothing more, something meant to illustrate the sacrifices and consequences of where that path would lead for a Jedi. And fortunately that's what they did with Satine. Obi-Wan understands that for a Jedi those are mutually exclusive paths and he was able to let go long ago, which contrasts with Anakin.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    Mostly Handless and CosmoHender like this.
  19. When Obi Wan tells Anakin in Episode 2 that if he keeps thinking about Shmi Obi Wan tells him that thoughts go away with time when i saw the Prequels i always thought that the Jedi were celibate

Dandelo likes this.
  20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    In practice, they are. People usually get too hung up on a comment made by George Lucas at the red carpet of AOTC and completely miss the point he's making. He was clarifying to a reporter that having sex is not forbidden, in the sense that's not the issue with Anakin. That's not the rule he's breaking. The issue is attachment, that's what's forbidden. That doesn't mean the Jedi indulge in sex. It's simply not the core issue that's at stake.

To George, as he explained many times, the Jedi are first and foremost monks. Warrior monks. They don't indulge in pleasure, because that's rooted in selfishness. They let go of that (and other things) and foment joy through their selfless service and way of life.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  21. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    go with this.

It makes the most sense.

22. Grievous was Nerfed in Filoni TCW Show because they wanted Darth Maul to have more protagonism also they dont wanted Grievous to overshadow Darth Vader because they were similar both were Cyborgs who hunted Jedi even Grievous was Nerfed in Episode 3 for the same reason they made Grievous more childish and in TCW he even lose against the Gungans

Karen Traviss Republic Commando Novels are better for me than TCW Clones Episodes i feel like TCW version of the Clones are more childish

I truly disliked TCW version of Quinlan Vos

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2022
    KnightofRaxusPrime likes this.
  23. I want to clarify that i like and enjoy TCW and Rebels Shows but those were some aspects that i dont like

KnightofRaxusPrime likes this.
  24. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I don’t consider the final season canon.

Alexrd likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018