main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unreleased AOTC Battle Music mp3's

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Well_Of_Souls, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I found two little snippets of unreleased AOTC battle music at this site.

Clip 1
    Clip 2

These short cues were extracted from the PC game STAR WARS - Galactic Battlegrounds
    Clone Campaigns

I read an article at JWFan.net that claimed that JW had not scored the Arena Battle beyond what we hear in "Love Pledge and the Arena", but I guess this proves otherwise.

What do you all think?

2. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Well, the first one is edited. It has fragments of unused TPM music in it.

3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    But the second one is interesting. I like it. The UE couldn't come soon enough. :(

4. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hmm, I think most of the 2nd MP3 was used during the "following Dooku" scene. It doesn't seem new to me.

btw, there's some unused AOTC music (well, in the movie) on the "extended Naboo arrival scene". The first few seconds are, IMO, the original transition to the "stolen kiss" scene. In the movie, they looped part of that mysterious Kamino theme (not the kamino storm theme).

It's really remarkable that almost every transition to another scene has been edited in AOTC, instead of just using John Williams' original material.

5. CopernicusDent

CopernicusDent Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    Ye gods, new Star Wars music!

This is why we need an Attack of the Clones album akin to the Special Editions ? more than ever.

Sample two must be the original track of the Count being cased on his speeder, because it goes right into when Padme falls out of the Clones transport.

6. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Isn't Sample 2 from "Love Pledge and the Arena"? The last part (the bit of ATS) is, at least.

7. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Well, the first one is edited. It has fragments of unused TPM music in it.

I've heard many bits and pieces of the unreleased TPM music (not counting the UE release) and I don't recognize any of it in the 1st clip. Maybe it's just some pieces I've not heard before. It is definitely edited, though.

8. JediObiWan_1387

JediObiWan_1387 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
    Clip 1 is music used during the droid factory sceen and the clone war battle.

9. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    My god, those woodwinds in number 2!

*salivates*

10. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    If anyone's interested, I've managed to edit most of the music from the battle, except for a few small files. Granted, it's hardly professional, but it's better than nothing and I think it's pretty good.

If any of you have the games Jedi Power Battles or Episode I Racer for PC, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me the music files for Track 5 (Jedi Power Battles) or podloop1.wav (Racer), then the battle can be complete except for the few short unreleased pieces. It does sound pretty good, though, if you're interested.

11. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    I'd love to hear it!

12. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I might be able to get that Racer one for you. I'll check into that.

13. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'd really appreciate it pezman, I also have another file I was missing being sent to me soon, so if you're interested in hearing it, please be patient as I'm going to attempt to re edit them with the new music.

14. Neil_S_Bulk

Neil_S_Bulk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    I've had this music cut into my own version of "The Arena" for about a year now. On the album you can even hear the edit where it's supposed to be. And none of this is Phantom Menace music.

Neil

15. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    I believe you're right. None of that is any known TPM music, unreleased or otherwise.

Thanks for those links, WOS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.