main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unrequited **04/01/03**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Herman Snerd, Jun 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    i add my voice to the rest: MORE! :D

2. Simone

Simone Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Cool story herman. Keep up the good work and I will certainly be waiting to read it.

3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Yikes, I wasn't expecting this type of response. So I suppose I should post more today rather than tomorrow.

Now for a little explaining. What you read in the first post was the ending of the story. Now you get to find out what led up to it (and eventually find out just who died :) )

There's too many of you to thank now, but I'll be sure to do it later. However if you like what you've read so far, send along a word of thanks to Di-Lee. She's the one who kept browbeating me into providing more detail. :D

3 Months Earlier

?Did you know about this?? Jaina Solo demanded as she stormed into her mother?s office. In her right hand she held a copy of the communiqué that was evidently the source of her anger. From her desk, Leia watched blandly while her daughter strode across the room.

?Did I know about what, dear??

?I?ve been reassigned,? Jaina declared hotly, slamming the offending memo down on her mother?s desk. ?I?ve been yanked from Rogue Group and been ordered to report to New Republic Intelligence.?

?Hmm,? Leia pursed while she perused the document. ?Your uncle is moving more quickly than I?d expected.?

?Uncle Luke did this to me and you knew it was coming?? Jaina shouted. ?How could you let him do that??

?Because even if I?d been of a mind to I couldn?t have stopped him,? Leia answered tersely, leveling her gaze at Jaina. ?Luke floated this idea through every layer of bureaucracy until he got the powers that be to go along with him, and as I?m sure you?ll recall, I no longer run the government.?

?I won?t do it,? Jaina declared. ?I?m a Jedi and a pilot. I?m not going to waste my time slinking around playing like I?m a spy. It would be a waste of my talents and you know it.?

?That?s your choice,? Leia said, pretending to return her attention to the matters she?d been working on before Jaina had marched in. ?But refusing to go won?t get you back into Rogue Group.?

?Can?t you do something to block this, maybe talk to Uncle Luke?? Jaina asked, her growing desperation beginning to creep into her words.

?Talk to him yourself,? Leia suggested nonchalantly.

?Mom!?

?Don?t give me any of that either,? Leia said seriously, fixing her gaze squarely on her daughter. ?I?m too busy to solve your problems for you. You don?t want to leave Rogue Group? Fine, but fix it yourself. If you want to be treated like a grown up you?ll have to start acting like one. That means no more coming to me when you don?t get what you want. Believe it or not the New Republic isn?t here to satisfy your every whim.?

For the first time in her life, Jaina found herself the victim of what she and her brothers had dubbed ?The Look?. They?d seen their mother use it numerous times to intimidate senators and browbeat ambassadors into giving her what she wanted. Now that Jaina bore the full brunt of its weight, she understood for the first time why ?The Look? had always worked so well.

?Luke is probably over at Intelligence headquarters if you?d like to try your speech on him. I?d suggest you work on it first,? Leia offered when it became obvious that Jaina had nothing further to say. ?Now if you don?t mind I?d like to get some work done. Close the door when you leave.?

Stunned by her mother?s vehemence, Jaina could do nothing else but turn quietly and leave. In the space of only a minute she had gone from fiery indignance to humble contrition. When she?d rehearsed this conversation on her return to Coruscant, her mother had been much more understanding and sympathetic. By the time she exited her mother?s office, Jaina?s contrition had turned to embarrassment, then back to the indignation she?d had when she arrived. As the door slid shut behind her, Jaina wished futilely that it was the type that could be slammed.

4. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Hmmm no wonder Leia's so upset over her daughter.

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    You write Leia and Jaina, really well!! Awesome post! :D

6. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  7. EMPRESS

EMPRESS Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 10, 2000
    Well. Leia sure told her.

Great post!

8. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    To err is human to post is divine....More.

9. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    ahh "The Look"

every parent has their own personalized version of "The Look". they've got it down to a science.

did i mention i hate "The Look"? :D it has this power over every kid no matter what age!

that was a great post! i love how for once Jaina isn't making all the rules with her mother and Leia is finally acting like a good parent. great characterization, great job in general!

As the door slid shut behind her, Jaina wished futilely that it was the type that could be slammed.

i've always wished the door would be heavier so it'd make a louder noise... ;)

10. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    Ugh, Herman. Here I wanted answers, and all I got in return is a post that generates more questions! :D

Well, I guess I'll just have to be patient, then. Although, I'll admit, it isn't my strong suit (believe it or not ;) ).

Awesome job so far, though!

11. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Oh man, we've gotta wait until the end to figure out who died? Crap.

But it looks like the story in between will be very good. :D MORE!

12. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    I'd be so mad if someone took me out of my job without even telling me. If I were Jaina, I'd be pretty mad, too.

13. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I'd be mad too, especially if I was Jaina. Uncle Lukies pretty sneaky there! :D Write more soon Hermie!

14. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Who is dead? i like this, I can't wait to read more.

15. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    I have a sinking feeling that this is going to be the longest cliffhanger I've seen yet... ;)

16. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Oh, Herman you don't have to thank me for browbeating you. After all, I'm really just returning the favor. ;) Besides, I don't think it was *this* story I've been hounding you on...

Speaking of other Herman stories, if you like this one folks, you really should check out Herman's Calep Seth stories, starting with "Journey's End". Unfortunately when I went hunting for it in the depths of boards I couldn't find it any more. :( Maybe a repost is in order... (looks pleadingly at Herman)

17. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
  18. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Ooooo, the drama's building... this is great! Post more really soon!

19. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Dang, a long list of thanks to write out and a lot of new names for me.

starwarsfan1000: Thanks. :)

Sara_Kenobi: I'll do my best to not make you wait too long for posts.

jedipati: Now if I come out and tell you who died you'd have no reason to come back. :D

Sticks: One of those new names I mentioned. Glad to see a LOTR fan reading my stuff. (I'm guessing from your sig.)

KnightMara: Patience, for the Herman it is time to write as well. :)

womp_rat208: Yeah, I figured this story needed a kick ass entrance. :)

Di-Lee: Hopefully I already thank you enough. If not then I don't deserve you.

MariahJade2: Glad to have you here.

Vergere: Hope my writing style is satisfactory.

EMPRESS: If you think you know where I'm stealing the plot from, PM me and I'll let you know if you're right.

jade_angel: Glad you're liking it so far.

Jaded Skywalker: What can I say, I love cliffhangers. :D

luney: Hey sweetie, haven't seen you around as much as I used to. Lemme know what you're working on so I can catch up.

Jedi Jade: You'll get your new post when I get my cupcakes. ;)

Lordban: Hold your horses, I'll get you more.

Simone: Yet another new face. Glad to see you. :)

Jedi_Borme: Don't worry, you'll eventually meet the victim.

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon: Thanks for the kind words. :)

Something new for you tomorrow, I promise.

20. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    You know...something seemed vaguely familiar about the beginning to me, but I could not seem to come up with what it was. This is going to drive me nuts for the rest of this story. The ultimate reader torture. Unless of course I can convice you to tell me Herman. :)

21. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    No, he's already implementing the ultimate reader torture... cliff-hangers. He'll probably have one every post, if I remember from his last story I read. ;)

22. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Here's your cupcakes..where's my post?

23. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    *gasps*

!!!!

I need a post!

-jade_angel... tranlated into japanese is...

jade_anjiru!!!!!! :p

24. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Oh yeah? Well, Sticks in Japanese is Sutekki! So :p !

Herman: Puh-leeeeeeeze post more? *g*

25. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Well I'm here as advertised.

I'm having some freaky computer problems, so it might take a few times to get this right. I think the boards have another batch of ads that like to crash my browser.

For now I'm just going to up this so that the next installment will be on top of the second page rather than the bottom of the first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.