main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unrequited **04/01/03**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Herman Snerd, Jun 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Good post. Nice dialogue. Hehe. Also very interesting melee weapon, since in the GFFA the only melee weapons we see are lightsabers.

2. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Freudian? What's Freudian? [face_plain]

[I wish they had the angelic face here.]

Great post, and nice use of tension between Malko and Jaina.

~Marie

3. X-AverySolo

X-AverySolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Great to see you posting again, Herman. I love this story! It's so silly 8-} More soon, please!

4. Justice_for_All

Justice_for_All Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2001
    Great post though I would have to agree with jainasolo2001 on that.

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *holds back Freudian comment too* I think Malko was flirting with Jaina when he showed her how to work the staff...even though hepretended not to notice they were holding hands. ;) Jaina's jealousy is only slightly more than perfectly obvious... very nice work Hermie dear :D

6. Lara_Jadewalker

Lara_Jadewalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Oooh, lightsabers! Can I have one?

[NO! Don't you remember what happened when Xuxy got one?]

Come on, please?

[No, and that's final]

*pouts* Feet are no fun. I'm going to go petition for equal rights of socks everywhere....

[Ooops, hi everyone. Sorry about this, just an excuse for an up. heehee...]

~Lara
    [and Marie]

7. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Comes in looking for a post. See's nothing and cry's.

8. X-AverySolo

X-AverySolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    ::cries with Mariah::

[face_puppyeyes]

More, please???

9. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    UP! So Herman can find it. [face_mischief]

10. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    This post goes out to that certain special someone. [face_love]

?I can?t believe I let you talk me into this,? Jaina said as they emerged from the end of the tunnel into the brightly-lit dome that was the entertainment sector of Vulcara. Though there was no such thing as day or night to the underground life of Vulcara, there were popular hours for those businesses that struggled to scrape together a few credits. Malko and Jaina arrived just as the scene was progressing to the rowdy stage.

They stopped in the center of the ring to decide where they would spend the next hour. Jaina had been adamant about that part. One hour was all she was willing to spend in Vulcara?s entertainment district. It was only by sheer necessity that she was going to spend an hour there at all.

Their temporary home in the complex of mines hadn?t come with a proper access port, so Jaina and Malko had been forced to search for an appropriate outlet to plug in the slicing hardware that the NRI had sent with them. They found one in a maintenance room that regulated the atmospheric pressures and air circulation for all of the nearby mining tunnels. Once Jaina had disoriented the technician, Malko had slipped into the adjacent room and attached the hardware.

Then, with nothing to do while the slicing device ran its programs and attempted to crack its way into Lawrek?s files, Jaina and Malko had exited the maintenance room before continuing their argument about what to do in the meantime. Malko had won, but just barely.

?I thought we agreed that being seen in public would be a good alibi in case the slicing equipment is discovered,? Malko said as he scanned the ring of businesses. Jaina watched him closely while he did this, and was pleased that he refrained from glancing anywhere near the adult oriented establishments.

?Fine,? Jaina said dismissively, not wanting to rehash an argument she?d already lost. ?Pick a place and let?s get this over with.?

?That one seems pretty popular,? Malko said, gesturing toward one of the larger buildings almost directly opposite the entrance tunnel.

Together, they elbowed their way through the crowd that was milling outside. By the time they reached the door, both Jaina and Malko had been the recipient of several shouted curses and one particularly offended bystander had issued a death threat. Undaunted, they pressed onward and finally managed to reach the doors, only to have their senses assaulted when the doors were opened.

?I changed my mind, you have to choose again,? Jaina shouted once they were inside.

?Why, what?s the matter??

?The smell, for one thing,? Jaina pointed out. ?And don?t you think this place is a little loud??

?The noise just means that people are having a good time,? Malko countered with an amused smile. ?Come on, let?s take a look around.?

Closer inspection did little to improve Jaina?s low opinion. The majority of the cantina?s patrons had arrived in various stages of filth and seemed bent on drinking themselves into unconsciousness as fast as possible. A few were more successful than the rest. Their loud snoring only added to the already thick atmosphere.

A little further in, Jaina noticed a group of Ugnaughts tending to a fallen companion. Together three of them managed to help their comrade up to a sitting position, where he then proceeded to vomit upon himself and his friends. Once finished, the now lone Ugnaught lay down in a stupor and promptly lost consciousness.

Deciding that she?d already seen enough, Jaina reached out to grab Malko by the arm so that she could insist they leave. Unfortunately, Malko was no longer walking alongside. Looking back the way they?d come, Jaina quickly spotted him threading his way toward a somewhat large crowd that appeared to be leaning over a circular railing. Just as he arrived, the assembled crowd erupted in cheers.

Eager to do anything to improve her surroundings, Jaina hurried to follow Malko. With some judicious use of Force suggestion, she managed to catch up to her partner wit

11. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Wonder if it'll do any good to see if another post will "up" this.

12. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Di-Lee struggles not to post what she's thinking, with the little angel on the right shoulder winning out... this time

Great post, Herman [face_mischief] ;)

13. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Ah how sweet. You dedicated that to your mom. ;) [face_mischief]

?So that?s what smells in here, testosterone poisoning,?

LOL. That's my girl!

?There is a sort of savage intensity to it all"

I knew you were a primiative at heart. Now is the GFFA WWF as "good" *cough, cough* as ours?

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Why do you always sneak in a post and not tell me, Herman? *sniff*

I was going to comment about the GFFA WWF but Mariah beat me to it. Very nice post.

15. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Hermie... it'd be a lot easier to tell you posted if you changed the update... ;) You know, strangely enough, Malko almost reminded me of YOU in that post... ;) Jaina had some great lines in there :D So... post more ALready!!! ;) :D

16. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Thanks all. :D

I thought I did edit the thread title last night, but I guess it didn't take.

Guess it's just another case of equipment failure. [face_mischief]

*watches as Di-Lee spits milk through her nose*

17. Justice_for_All

Justice_for_All Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2001
    As always Herman great post.

18. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    LOL, boxing/wrestling in the GFFA. Knew it should be there, just never saw it. ;)
    Good post Herman.

19. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Milk?! Whatever made you think I drink milk, Herman? [face_mischief]

"just another case of equipment failure" - You're just saying that to get me back for all the openings I left you biting your tongue over, aren't you? ;) I will point out that I seemed to have corrected your difficulity. [face_mischief]

20. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    A post! Sorry I did't see it immediately. :)

You did a nice job of painting an , er, colorful picture of the catina. Very realistic, very seedy. Very much a place I can see Jaina not enjoying. And I think they may have something with those parallels between Malko and you...

;) ~Marie

21. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Uppers! I couldn't even find it in the first 10 pages.

22. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Someone is neglecting his duty to post. ;)

23. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
  24. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Page 16...Uuuuup!

25. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Page 18 this time. Where did its writer go? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.