Unrequited **04/01/03**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Herman Snerd, Jun 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justice_for_All Jedi Knight

star 1
  2. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    I think the writer is still around.

He always gets bogged down when he gets close to the end of a story, but I heard a rumor he got some writing done last night.
  3. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    Page 17 is definately being bogged down. We don't want this turning into peat moss. Up with you, till Hermie gets inspired.

4. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    At the very bottom of page 18,
    there was story, not quite complete.
    I up it for the umpteenth time,
    until writer and story once again meet. ;)
  5. Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Master

star 4
    Time to up this, I think. ;)
  6. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
  7. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Herman, post please! :)
  8. ChaseherChiss Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just finished re-reading this from start to almost finish!!! Please update soooon!!!
  9. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh come on...two months? Even I haven't pulled that off. Not yet, anyways. ;)

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!
  10. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    I'm in an uplifting mood.

U
    P
    P
    E
    R
    S
  11. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    Page 22...it seems someone is determined to let his fic go down in silence. :(
  12. Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I happen to know he hasn't abandoned it. He's just severely neglecting it, and us. ;)

Perhaps a threat of some whip usage will get him to emerge...
  13. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm..maybe I could send my dad along...you might know him...favors Fava beans, Chianti, that sort of thing.. ;)
  14. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    Wrong incentive Di. Mariah walks through thread in a bathing suit, and offers Herman a beer. ;)
  15. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *RM brings in a 6 pack of homebrew*
    This might help.
  16. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    Have no fear, the ending to this story is being written. I'm awaiting just a little more progress before I start posting again.

Thanks for the ups. :D
  17. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    Well I've finally gotten some stuff written ahead so I'm going to go ahead and post. After you recover from fainting at that, please read it. ;)

Since nobody likely remembers, when we last left Malko and Jaina they were in a seedy cantina and Jaina was a little upset that Malko was watching the fights. Jaina had caught the eye of one of the fighters before she walked away in a huff, dragging Malko along with her.

Hey, slow down,? Malko commanded once it became obvious to him that Jaina intended to drag him out the door. ?We can?t leave yet.?

?Yes we can, Malko,? Jaina countered. ?I don?t intend to stay here any longer than I have to.?

?Well in case you forgot, you do,? Malko reminded her as he came to a halt. Out of habit, he took a quick look around them both before continuing in a lowered voice. ?We?ve still got half an hour to kill until the slice is finished. As distasteful as this place is to you, it has a big crowd and allows us to be seen while still remaining anonymous.?

?Fine,? Jaina conceded with just a bit of a scowl, ?but I?m not going to stand for watching any more fights. Couldn?t we just find a somewhat quiet corner to spend the time??

?Okay, let?s see if we can find an empty table somewhere,? Malko agreed.

As it turned out, Malko and Jaina found a cluster of empty tables along the wall further in the back behind the fighting pit. The reason for the deserted section made them both curious until Jaina noticed the crumpled serving droid stuffed underneath one of the tables.

?Looks like the fighting isn?t contained to just the pit,? Jaina remarked as she pointed out the broken heap of metal.

?I guess that means I?ll need to go and get us some drinks myself,? Malko said enthusiastically before turning for the bar.

?We could just talk you know,? Jaina suggested, arching her eyebrows for emphasis. She couldn?t wait to see what excuse he?d come up with to visit the bar anyway and expected a witty retort. Therefore, Jaina was caught a little off guard when Malko cast a quick glance around them both before turning back to face her and leaning in close.

?People don?t come to a cantina just to sit and talk. They either come to drink or to be entertained,? Malko said quietly. ?If we?re not going to watch the fights, then we at least need to have some drinks in front of us.?

?So this is just all a part of fitting in?? Jaina asked skeptically.

?Exactly,? Malko replied, unperturbed by Jaina?s sarcastic humor. ?Besides, who would believe it if they saw two newlyweds just sitting around talking??

Jaina watched him walk away before she took a seat. She couldn?t help but think about what Malko had just said. It was bad enough that he?d had a point, but his last comment kept replaying itself in her mind. Part of her wanted to believe it had just been a passing joke said to shock her and nothing more. Yet at the same time she knew how Malko secretly felt about her, and that part of her mind couldn?t help but wonder why he?d chosen that joke. Jaina was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn?t hear the pair of loud footsteps as they neared and she flinched and nearly yelped when a giant hand rested on her shoulder.

?Settle down, Pretty,? Nirel said as he loomed over her. ?I saw you sitting here alone and thought you could use some company.?

?I?m fine, thanks,? Jaina curtly answered. ?My fr ? my husband went to get us some drinks. He should be back soon.?

?I saw you looking at me during the fight,? Nirel said as he took a seat next to Jaina, ignoring her hint that she didn?t want him there. ?Because of you I almost lost. I thought I?d give you a chance to make it up to me.?

Jaina nearly laughed at Nirel?s feeble attempt at seduction, but a quick look at both him and his father, who stood with arms folded only a few meters away, made her realize that her situation was nothing to laugh at. She was caught alone in a room full of strangers who would do nothing to assist her if she screamed. The only person she could count on for help
  18. Melyanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Bah! HERMAN!

You torture us for nearly three months with no updates and then you have the audacity to leave us with a mild cliffhanger!? For shame!!!

Brilliant, as usual. ;)

Mel
  19. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm confused. What is this 'cliffhanger' thing you speak of? [face_mischief]
  20. womp_rat208 Jedi Master

star 4
    Somebody's gonna get beat to a pulp.... though I can't be sure who will win, I'd guess on one of them. ;)

Nice work, Herman. Good to see you posting on this excellent fic again. :D
  21. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *stares in shock at post *

You posted at long last. Wow. And a bit of a cliffhanger too. You sure haven't lost the touch for those.
  22. Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
  24. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    Are we in for another two months of waiting now? ;)

Great update!
  25. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    If I have to hang on a cliff too long I will get very surly and I don't think you want to see me surly, do you Herman? It is nice to see a post again. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.