main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unrequited **04/01/03**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Herman Snerd, Jun 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Nice post, Herman. I like the interaction between Jaina and Luke. Looks like Jaina's got a little more than her fair share of the Solo stubborness.

2. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Awesome post! Can't wait to see who that partner is...

3. IellaWessiriNRI

IellaWessiriNRI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    waiting for more... :) great post!

4. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Herman, it's ok that it's not the story I've been waiting for, but, why oh why, didn't you tell me you had a new one out? I just found this and just caught up. Great stuff! More!

5. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    Argh!! Not another cliffhanger.. well, I would like to know who her partner will be, :p

6. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    This whole partner/fate thing is really interesting!

Cannot wait to see who Jaina's fate is.... :)

7. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Who is it we're supposed to bribe to get spoilers, again? *g*

8. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Great post, I can't wait to see who the partner is going to be. It sounds to me like Luke is being the selfish one here. If my Uncle took me out of doing something that I really loved just because he thought my services would be useful over places, I"d be pretty upset.

Here's more cupcakes!

9. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  10. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow. Good writing. The way you handled Luke vs Jaina was excellent.

*Drops a keg of beer on the floor*

Viola. No go write. ;)

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I was really glad to see you have started posting a story again. I love spy type stories and Jedi are perfect for the role. ;)

Wonderful story, great characterizations, and you've already started with a cliffhanger. I'll be different and I won't beg for posts. Just keep up the good work and post when you can. :)

12. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    Herman, this is wonderful as usual. I love the scene between Jaina and Luke. Jaina doesn't seem willing to back down on her stance, and Luke just won't give her a chance to say no. I love it!

Can't wait to see who the partner is!

13. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Ooooh very good... was it mentioned before but how old is Jaina now because she's whining a bit too much for my liking. :p

Sorry Hermie, got no beer but I do have sobe would that help?

14. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Ooh, Sobe... that always helps with my creative juices. If Hermie doesn't want it, I'll take it!

*Gives Herman an offering of ryshcate and Whyren's Reserve* There, that's better than beer. *g*

P.S.: Note of interest: Sobe is the number 1 beverage of Bible Quizzers all over the nation. My quiz team this year was named "Tsunami," so you can guess what we lived on. :D

15. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I never really decided exactly how old Jaina is, but I'm guessing early twenties somewhere.

I was trying to not make her sound like too much of a whiner (after all, why would she take after her uncle ;) ).

The way I see it is that Jaina's upset and hasn't found anyone to take her frustration out on ... yet. :D

16. Melne_Crtor

Melne_Crtor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    Wow-ness!

So is her partner the guy who died? (Not likely.) Is it even a he? (Possibly.) Are you going to tell us? (No.) Should you? (No.) Should you post? (Yes.)

17. technomage

technomage Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2000
    Cool. For once I caught a story near the beginning instead of near the end.

Herman, this story looks very good so far. Keep it up.

18. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Wow Herman! You're almost to 100 replies already!!

Luke did handle Jania well. Why do I have the feeling that Jania's new partner is going to take the brunt of her frustrations??

19. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    I don't know Di-Lee. I don't know why you might have that feeling. :D ;)

20. JKTRAINING

JKTRAINING Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    Di says the following qualfiies as feedback:

*Please* tell me Jaina's partner isn't Zekk!!! :eek:

BTW, Di refuses to tell me, so you can keep her as your beta. ;)

21. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Yeah, I'm not easily bribed. ;)

22. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    That's right people, don't even try to bribe Di-Lee.

The Director led the two Jedi to the nearest lift, and soon the trio found themselves deep within the bowels of NRI headquarters. A few twists and turns through the maze of corridor left them standing before a large set of double doors. Director Leiter keyed the pad next to the door and whisked his guests into a room which, although it certainly wasn?t as cavernous as a fighter hangar, was impressively spacious considering it was located within an office building on Coruscant.

Inside, it seemed as if every known species was represented. All were intermixed into separate groups spread throughout the chamber, each group engaged in one form or another of mock combat.

?So which one is mine?? Jaina asked condescendingly.

?Ah, there he is over that way,? Director Leiter pointed out, gesturing to what could have been any one of several groups clustered toward the center of the room. ?Would you care to watch a bit of our training??

?Please,? Luke encouraged, indicating for the Director to lead the way.

?Mr. Jager,? Director Leiter said when they arrived at a group of young cadets being trained in combat with the staff. In response to the Director?s interruption, the dark haired human who was instructing the group called a halt to the exercise.

?Director Leiter, to what do we owe this honor?? Malko Jager asked in a deep, even voice.

?Don?t pretend you haven?t guessed why we?re here,? Director Leiter said. ?Master Skywalker?s niece is anxious to meet you.?

For his part, Malko hadn?t yet noticed Jaina Solo. His attention was dominated by the unexpected arrival of the preeminent Jedi Master. Even Director Leiter?s reference to Jaina didn?t immediately sink in. When Malko could finally turn his eyes away from Luke, he greeted Jaina with a smile and a polite nod.

?So, you?re a teacher here,? Jaina remarked in a way that left it uncertain whether she meant it as praise or not.

?No, I only work with this beginner group,? Malko clarified. ?There are many instructors here who are much more skilled with the staff than I am. But before I can move on with my own training, I must show a complete understanding of everything I?ve learned so far. Therefore, I teach this group so that I can prepare myself to learn more.?

?Malko is being modest. He is one of the top students of his class in nearly every form of armed and unarmed combat, but the staff is the weapon with which he truly excels,? Director Leiter boasted.

?Perhaps he would like to show me,? Jaina proposed with a nearly imperceptible smirk.

?Are you suggesting we spar?? Malko asked.

?If you think you?re up to it,? Jaina said.

?Have you ever fought with a staff before??

?I prefer the lightsaber,? Jania scoffed, letting just a hint of disdain slip into her voice. ?While Uncle Luke might consider letting you borrow his, I doubt you?ve had any practice with one. So since the staff seems to be your preferred weapon, that?s what we?ll use. It?s just as well, an inexperienced hand with a lightsaber is just as likely to injure himself.?

?Ren, would you please give our guest a staff,? Malko ordered, letting a bit of an edge slip into his own voice despite the politeness of his words. He knew an insult when he heard one, and Jaina?s language left no doubt that she didn?t think too highly of the young man she was being assigned to work with.

The students formed a rough circle as Malko stepped back and stretched. He had already broken a sweat while working with his students, and now he wanted to make sure he was fully prepared to face off against a Jedi.

23. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Ah, so the partner is an original character. I like the intro. Gives him some background.

Oh, this staff fight should be interesting.

Hmm, I'd said Jaina's gonna get her butt kicked. I mean, Jedi or no, you give someone a new weapon and they're amatures.

24. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    ?So which one is mine?? Jaina asked condescendingly. - LOL! Yet another classic line!

Now let's see how fair this contest turns out to be...

25. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Fight! Fight!

Great post, Herman. I like the new guy too- smooth and determined!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.