main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unrequited **04/01/03**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Herman Snerd, Jun 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Wahoo! An early post!

I loved it-- Jaina just can't stand to lose. I do have a few questions: is this an AU without the Vong, or will we see some NJO-related action here? Since you said Jaina was about twenty, that's about three years after Balance Point... So are the Vong still around, have they been vanquished, or is this an AU where they never showed up at all?

Once again, I love this story. *makes an offering of beer, donuts, and pretzels* Can't wait for the next post!

2. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Moody little cuss, ain't she?

I like the way Luke leveled the playing field. ;)

3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    You might think that posting early means I've written more, but you'd be wrong.

And just so you know Sticks, I tend to ignore the EU when I write. I mainly just use the characters that I want. :)

4. JKTRAINING

JKTRAINING Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    Luke blocked Jaina's Force sense?!! :eek: I find that a touch hard to beleive. But, oh well, good post anyway! :D

Haven't written more, eh? Well, do! I need more, and soon!

5. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I liked that Luke chose to teach Jaina a lesson. She needs it.

6. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Yeah- this was now classified as an extremely BAD day for Jaina.

I agree, she needed that little lesson from Uncle Luke. Either his intervention will cease her whining or add more fuel to it!

Great post as always!

7. IellaWessiriNRI

IellaWessiriNRI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
  8. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    To quote starwarsfan: "Good post. :)"

Sorry it's late and I'm tired...zzzz..

9. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Tsk tsk people, you made me go all the way to page four to find this.

Oh well, maybe that's a sign that I should post more frequently. Now if only I could write more frequently...

?Please tell me this isn?t where you spend your free time,? Jaina said as she took the seat next to Malko at the bar. Following her hasty exit from the NRI training room, Jaina had spent several hours reflecting on her busy day, and in particular her introduction to Malko Jager.

?Why not? The employees are friendly, the drinks are cheap, and there hasn?t been a killing yet this week,? Malko said jokingly, or at least Jaina assumed he was joking. ?Don?t tell me I?ve magically stumbled across your favorite Coruscant night spot??

?Hardly,? Jaina scoffed with a distasteful look around her. Despite Malko's attempt at humor, the bar certainly looked like the type of establishment to earn a high body count. The absence of any bouncers or security announced loud and clear than anyone who couldn't take care of himself needn't bother entering. ?I came looking for you,? Jaina added when she'd finished her survey of the place.

?Come to finish me off have you?? Malko asked as he motioned to the bartender for a refill. When the drink arrived, Jaina took it for herself, forcing Malko to order another.

?Maybe. Though if what you say is true and there hasn?t been a killing her yet this week, I?d hate to be the one to break that streak.?

?So why are you here??

?Look, I?m trying to apologize,? Jaina said. ?I was mad at my uncle, but since I can?t fight him I took my frustration out on you. I wanted to show him that this assignment was beneath me, but it would seem that I was the one who learned a lesson today and ? what?s so funny??

?Sorry,? Malko apologized, although he kept on laughing to himself. ?I just had a funny vision of you and him fighting it out. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? I mean, he?s Luke Skywalker. Luke Skywalker.?

?You don?t have to repeat his name. I know who he is,? Jaina pointed out.

?It just sounds so ludicrous,? Malko said. ?I was in awe just standing in the same room as him and now you sit here and tell me how you would have liked to have taken a swing at the man.?

?Okay, let?s get this straight right now,? Jaina began seriously. ?It looks like we?re going to be stuck working together for the foreseeable future so we?re going to need to establish a few ground rules.? To emphasize her point, Jaina swiveled on her stool until she and Malko were looking eye to eye.

?First of all, there will be no worshipping of anyone in my family. Yes my mother is a former Chief of State for the New Republic and yes my father was a General during the Rebellion. I also have an aunt and an uncle who are Jedi Masters and two brothers who are Jedi Knights. I know that sounds impressive, but that doesn?t mean that my family isn?t just as screwed up as anyone else?s family is. I could tell you stories that you wouldn?t believe. Hell, I can see in your eyes that you don?t believe me right now.?

?I don?t mean to doubt you,? Malko said sincerely. ?It?s just that this is all a bit much to absorb at once.?

?Well get used to it,? Jaina advised. ?Depending on how long this assignment lasts, there?s a good chance you might be bumping into my family from time to time and it would be a good idea if you didn?t go around making an ass of yourself in their presence. That goes double for my brothers. No one in his right mind would worship either of them. Well, maybe that?s not entirely true. I think that Anakin looks up to Jacen, although I can?t imagine why.?

?I?ll do my best not to let you down,? Malko promised. ?Any other rules you?d care to propose??

?I?ll let you know as we go along,? Jaina declared. ?Anything else??

?I believe that about covers everything for now.?

?Good,? Jaina said. ?I?d stay and have another drink with you, but I need to find myself a place to sleep for tonight, and somehow this place isn't what I had in mind. I?d normally stay with my parents

10. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Hmmmmm. Wonder what lesson Jaina learned? She's still pretty bossy. A lot like her mom, I guess. Thanks for posting.

11. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Hmm, I believe Jaina is the one acting like an ass. But that's just my opinion.

12. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Now if Malko had been a proper gentleman, he would have ordered a drink for Jaina right away & not made her resort to pilfering one. ;)

"...but that doesn?t mean that my family isn?t just as screwed up as anyone else?s family is." LOL!

Looks like Malko is gonna have his hands full!

13. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    "Looks like Malko is gonna have his hands full!"

Maybe someday soon he will! :eek: ;)

14. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    You naughty boy, Herman. ;)

15. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Hey, I gotta be me. :D

16. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    "Maybe someday soon he will."

Lol. :D

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Good stuff Herman. Jaina does need to start acting like a grown up. She seems quite snotty.

Keep those posts coming.

18. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Due to being repremended for something I wrote which I didn't think was offensive. I guess it[s my duty to edit my words.

19. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Well, if you want my opinion (more than likely you don't) but, anyway, I say "GO JAINA!" Show what your made of! Tell him off!
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!
    She sounds alot like me in this story!
    Now write some more!

20. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Heeheeheee... She's stuck up, annoying, and... perfectly written! I love it!

21. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    "Here's to hoping that Malko, 'gets some'"

Geez Jedi Jade, I didn't expect such a crude term from you.

I'm both shocked and dismayed at your potty mouth. :eek: ;)

22. IellaWessiriNRI

IellaWessiriNRI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
  23. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awesome posts Hermy! I love Jaina's talk with Malko, and how he thought it was funny that she would fight with Lukie-Dearest :D Post more NOW! ;)

24. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    I just assumed that was the case do to your reply to the "gets his hands....(whatever)" comment. IMO, it isn't any worse than what you wrote.

:(

25. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Relax, I was just teasing. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.