main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unsatisfied? What would you do different?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by 1BAT4U, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1BAT4U

1BAT4U Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2003
    Here's a novel concept:

No debating the pros and cons of the PT or OT, just list the movie(s) that disspointed you, why it did so, and what you would change? In regard to the OT, refer to the SEs.

I'll go first.

TPM

Obviously the worst of the 5 current Star Wars film. I think that aside from the terrible dialogue writing and stiff acting, I would say that the plot is utterly inane and ultimately boring. The villians in this movie should have been the seperatists, for it would have given extra weight to Dooku's character arc, plus there would be less of those unimposing and tacky Nemoidians.

The plot of TPM was almost totally incomprehensible. The TF was blockading Naboo for what reason? What was Naboo in posession of that people needed blockading? What authority did the TF have in setting up the blockade? What were the terms of the treaty they wanted signed?

If Tatooine was so close to Naboo, why did Shmi say that they were too far out of the way for the Republic's concern? You'd think the Republic would try to crack down on organized crime rings, a la, the Hutts.

Qui-Gon serves absolutely no purpose, whatsoever. His whole arc could have been covered entirely by Obi-Wan.

Jar Jar has no development. He is evicted from the Gungans for being an idiot, he is an idiot when the Jedi find him, he is an idiot in the battle of Naboo, and yet he is promoted to General and then Senator. I would at least give the character some dignity.

Replace the Puppet Yoda with something more realistic. Like the original Yoda puppet.

Replace Jake Lloyd with someone who can remotely act.

Do not have some 10-year old with no knowledge of spacecraft pilot a starship into the hanger of an enemy ship and blow it up, all totally on accident.

Do not allow every single soldier in an army to be controlled through one specific and vulnerable device. That's just poor strategy.

Introduce Bail Organa.

Allow some Jedi to go with Obi-Wan back to Naboo, and throw them in the mix. They knew a battle was coming, for goodness sakes.

CLONES

All in all, CLONES is pretty OK. Just a few adjustments;

Obviously, better script and acting.

More time spent at the Jedi Temple, seeing what it is Jedi do all day.

More explanation of Dooku's character.

Remove Zam Wessell entirely. She is totally unneccessary to the plot.

Have more diverse Jedi at the arena, and have them do things other than just swing a lightsaber.

Much less CGI.

A New Hope

Second best of the series. Not much need be done here.

Re-scope the lightsaber effects.

Show longing Luke feels by showing all his friends leaving for adventures off-planet.

Show the dissolution of the Imperial Senate.

Show Alderaan's surface and interiors before it is destroyed. Have some scenes with Bail Organa.

Update some of the holograms and computer effects.

Add some energy to the Vader-Kenobi fight.

Update the CG-Jabba.

Empire

The best of the 5. Very little work to be done here.

Take away Luke's effeminate scream.

Jedi

Actually a stronger movie than given credit for, just a few things need tweaking.

Get rid of expositionary dance numbers at Jabba's Palace.

Update the CG-Sarlacc.

Change the Moon of Endor to the planet Kashyyyk, and likewise change the Ewoks to Wookiees. This could create a story arc for the otherwise arc-less Chewbacca. The Wookiees could be used for slave labor, and Chewie helps to free them with Republic soldiers and Wookiee guerillas, and then they combine forces to take over the Imperial base nestled in the tree tops of Kashyyyk's forests.

So what do you guys and gals think? Let's hear it!

There should be more Mon Cals in every movie, just for good measure.

2. Da_Joker

Da_Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2003
    AOTC

I think I would have gotten a different guy to act as Anakin. And they should have gotten Anakin a better nickname. Right now is nickname (Annie) is a girl name! [face_laugh]

3. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    TPM

two words:

1. yipeeeee!

2. Jar Jar

or is that three words?

AOTC

I don't know if this movie was any good or not. I was too distracted by Natalie Portman. No complaints here.

ANH

What's up with the special effects?! That is so 70's! And the entire plot is just a rip off of Independence Day!

ESB

Great film. But why did Dack half to die!

ROTJ

That stupid Ewok music gets stuck in your head and you can't get it out!

4. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    All in all, I think each movie is good in it's own right. Every movie has mistakes, but I love Star Wars for what it is. The one thing I'd change would be in ESB- put in Ian McDirmand for the Emperor. Thats about it.

5. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    TPM: Remove the Pod Race, and swap it for the equivalent of Anakin pulling a sword from a stone. A sword would be a lightsabre, so how you stick it in a stone is beyond me.

ESB: Have Lucas direct and co-write the script. Possibly show Han being rescued.

ROTJ: If Han was rescued in the last film, that'll save time for this film, to concentrate on the Empire more. Lucas should direct.

That's it. :)

6. 1BAT4U

1BAT4U Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2003
    Not to start a debate or anything, but if you can't come up with any technical or directorial comments on why Lucas should have directed ESB and ROTJ, why mention it?

If you honestly feel that Lucas should have directed those last 2 OT films instead of Kershner or Marquand, just tell why. Nobody's here to persecute. Just throw some input at us. :)

7. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    ESB feels too heavy handed. I think from American Graffeti, Lucas could have got the mixture right. Together with more of his writing.
    ROTJ feels like 3 separate stories. Again Lucas could have gelled these together better.

8. JediLegOBlock

JediLegOBlock Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    Here I go:

TPM:

1. Change Boss Nass from comical to serious. It distracted from the Gungans and Jar Jar.

2. Change Tatooine to some other planet like Malastare. GL wanted to open up the galaxy yet he put Anakin on the planet 'furthest away.'

3. Have Queen Amidala land on a Republic planet and escape from the Trade Federation's attempts to track her down.

4. Introduce Count Dooku as a Jedi on the Council and establish Qui-Gon's anti-Republci stance with him.

5. Make Anakin and Padme establish a 'family' connection.

6. Give Darth Maul a role that establishes character credibility.

7. Restore the Senate scene to it's full glory with bickering commerce guilds and greedy Senators.

8. Have Anakin SKILLFULLY enter the droid controlship rather than accidental.

9. Clearly define the Trade Federation's intent and what their members will accomplish
    from the blockade.

AotC:

1. Keep to the script.

2. Add the Droid factory and exclude Threepio's antics.

9. JediLegOBlock

JediLegOBlock Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    Jar Jar has no development. He is evicted from the Gungans for being an idiot, he is an idiot when the Jedi find him, he is an idiot in the battle of Naboo, and yet he is promoted to General and then Senator. I would at least give the character some dignity.

Jar Jar's true character is revealed when he talks with Queen Amidala in Palpatine's apartment. There is no other scene that shines as well as this one in the entire PT.

Jar Jar is not an idiot, just clumsy. I hate the clumsy part personally. Naive but true would have been far more fitting.

10. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Personally, I believe that Jar Jar was clumsy - the Gungans didn't evict him for being "stupid" but rather "clumsy." And nowhere does it show in the entire movie that Jar Jar is stupid - while there are many instances were Jar Jar acts clumsy. He was promoted to the rank of General because he brought peace between the Naboo and the Gungans, or so they thought.

Anyway, the worst movie so far seen is probably AOTC. It's funny enough through the first sitting, but it isn't much of anything else. The dialogues between Anakin and Amidala were just horribly dull, tepid, and blockwooded.

TPM has a dull plot, I agree. (But so does AOTC.) I, however, thought the dialogues were fine.

OT - Not much to say here other than that the probability of teddy-bear creatures who use stones as weapons winning against stormtroopers and AT-ATs (I think) is pretty low.

Of course, the only thing good about the PT is Obi-Wan Kenobi. [face_mischief] 8-}

Aunecah

11. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    TPM
    Add a scene with Count Dooku to establish him earlier in the story.

Re-edit the space battle to show Anakin piloting with concentration (even if not a lot of skill). His steely confidence behind the controls of the podracer was perfect.

AOTC
    Can't think of anything I would change. Terrific movie.

ANH
    Re-insert the Anchorhead scenes with Luke's friends. It slows down the pace of an already lethargic first half, but I think it would help clarify Luke's character.

Put the Emperor in there somewhere.

Show Bail on Alderan just before the planet is destroyed. Showing his face full of shock and sorrow as he sees the Death Star above his planet would perfectly mirror Leia's horror at watching her home planet destroyed.

Clean-up or replace some special effects.

ESB
    Get rid of the old lady with the chimp eyes and let Ian McDirmid reprise his role as the Emperor.

CG Yoda. I know everybody loves the puppet, but after seeing Yoda in CLONES where he stopped being simply a clever puppet and actually became an actor, I would have no problem with seeing such put into EMPIRE. Or perhaps they could just enhance the puppet, possibly a simple head replacement so the damn thing could actually emote.

ROTJ
    Not a perfect movie, but I still can't think of much that needs to be changed. A fitting conclussion to an exciting story.

Re-edit the Jabba palace scenes to make them more creepy and less silly.

CG Yoda.

12. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    TPM

Make gungans more serious;show that Jar Jar was ostracized form Gungan society by proposing peace with Naboo-that shows Jar Jar in a whole different light and explains why he went to the Senate.And therefore stop with his clumbsyness.

Dump Jake Loyd-replace him by the Sixth-sense kid.Also show Annie do some great flying in the N-1.

Show more capitalist and cruel Neimoidians like in AOTC("I want her head in my desk").

Show Ray Park´s TRUE voice-I would love seeing a Sith with a cockney accent.

AOTC

Romance-more human.Better dialogue(that goes for TPM too).

Cast Steven Spielberg for the war scenes;a star wars-saving private ryan cross.

ANH

For God´sake make HAN SHOOT FIRST.
    Dump Jabba scene.

ESB
    Perfect,just put Ian McDiarmed as Emperor

ROTJ
    Increase the number of Ewoks in Endor to give the battle some realism-like tons of ants attacking a much bigger insect

Show more of Leia as a slave. :p

Put a decent ending-like some guy ordering a Rebel attack on Coruscant with tons of people aplauding.

What do you think mates?

13. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    TPM

Well...do it again, from the start! :(

Have a more serious Anakin, not so cute and annoying. Get a real actor kid, like Osment or someone who could act like Henry Thomas in E.T. Make him have some doubts about leaving Tattoine. Show him watching a double sunset like Luke in ANH. (I can't believe Lucas missed this opportunity)

Drop Qui Gon. He is there for no reason other than to make OB1's character seem irrelevant.

Make Padmé more of a woman and less of a japanese doll. Drop the decoy thing also. She's a queen, so what? We should see her that way all the time, like Leia.

Drop the midichlorians, for The Maker's sake! They're useless and change the way we've always thought about the Force. SHOW how Anakin is strong with the Force using it to pilot the pod and to win the battle in the end. Perhaps show some scenes of Obi-wan training him.

Show a small part of Anakin's dark side. He can't be so cute all the time and act like an angel. I have a kid and, believe me, sometimes he acts like the devil himself! :D

Did I mention Jar-Jar? Hummm....who? Jar what? ;)

Bring Lawrence Kasdan back to the gang. Let him write this thing. Hire a real director.

AOTC

A much better film than TPM. No Qui-gon, almost no Jar-Jar and no midi-stuff.

Explain better Dooku's character and his role. The same goes with Jango Fett.

Maybe return the deleted scenes of Padme's family. That would perhaps improve the now ridiculous love story and make that kiss less TOO D*** FAST.

Better "love" dialogue, please.

Change, improve Shmi's death scene. Come on, show Anakin trying to free her first, show him having a fight with the tuskens of something, and THEN show her death. Maybe show some of the tuskens actually killing her, and then show Anakin's rage.

I personally don't like the design of the monsters of the geonosis fight, but I guess they're ok.

As for Padme's "improved" visuals: TWO THUMBS UP!

Original trilogy

Leave this films alone! Remove Jabba from the SE, and of course show HAN SHOOTING FIRST.

As for the "70's effects", well...it's a "70's movie"! So what's the problem? Maybe they could improve the lightsabers a bit and remove the matte lines, but the rest is ok with me.

And no CGI Yoda. His death scene in ROTJ is flawless, puppet ot not.

14. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Obviously the worst of the 5 current Star Wars film

Not everyone thinks that, you know. ;)

Can't think offhand of anything I'd change. I'll come back later. :)

15. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    While all of these ideas in and of themselves aren't too bad on paper or in synopsis, keep in mind from it all you have to have a working, 2:30 script that makes sense in and of itself, while at the same time, giving the audience and yourself something for two other complete movies.
    It's a lot trickier than it sounds.
    Also keep in mind, you had a whole movie to just take and edit around, Lucas had to do this from scratch. So, coming up with an entirely new, working movie isn't as easy as it sounds.
    With that in mind, I'd like to see a few scriptments :)
    Just to see how they'd play out :)
    (well I mean, for the people who listed a lot of changes anyway).

16. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Here's what I, personally, would do differently in most of the movies if I was in charge of them.

The Phantom Menace:

Have Qui-Gon as Obi-Wan's apprentice instead of his master, and switch most of their lines and actions throughout the film.

Explain in better detail the motives of the Trade Federation and what they stand to gain from blockading Naboo.

Get a better actress for Padme/Amidala.

Actually show the oppression and suffering of the Naboo people rather then just mentioning it.

Replace the stupid-looking Battle Droids with multiple types of cooler-looking ones, like the ones we saw in AotC.

Reduce Jar-Jar's screen time and antics to a bare minimum, keeping only just enough to show that he's a naive fool and set up his role in AotC.

Explain what reason Sidious would have to send Darth Maul to track down the Queen after she escapes Naboo, since her actually making it to Coruscant to nominate Palpatine for Supreme Chancellor is a vital part of his plans.

Get a better actor to play young Anakin.

Actually portray Anakin and Shmi as having the hard, rigorous life you would expect of slaves.

Have C-3PO simply be a droid owned by the Skywalkers rather then one actually built by Anakin.

Remove the mention of midiclorians, and simply have Obi-Wan say something about how Anakin shows exceptional potential in the Force.

Replace the two-headed Podrace announcer with... well, pretty much any other type of alien creature.

Introduce Count Dooku in the Jedi Council and Bail Organa in the Senate.

Have Yoda look like he does in the rest of the movies.

Have Obi-Wan be the one to request to the Jedi Council that Anakin be trained, rather then Qui-Gon.

Explain why Sidious would send Maul to ensure the Trade Federation in control of Naboo even after Palpatine is elected Supreme Chancellor, and why would he still care about the Trade Federation and Naboo at that point.

Have some extra Jedi go with Obi-Wan and the others back to Naboo for backup, and later have them fight against Trade Federation forces in the Battle of Naboo.

Make the Battle of Naboo 'darker', remove Jar Jar from it by not having him be promoted to General in the first place, have Naboo humans added in with the 'backup' Jedi mentioned above to fight the Trade Federation army alongside the Gungans, and actually show casualties of the battle that aren't all the way in the background.

Remove the concept of all the Battle Droids 'shutting off' when their 'Core Ship' is destroyed, and instead have the goal of the Naboo in the space battle be the destruction of the blockade ships and the Trade Federation's 'main base' on their space station.

Have Anakin actually know what he's doing while piloting in the space battle rather then just pressing random buttons.

Since Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's roles are reversed, Qui-Gon would not make his last request that Anakin be trained, rather, his death would allow Obi-Wan to take a new Padawan, in this case, Anakin.

Attack of the Clones:

Explain why the Sepratists would want to kill Padme if she's against the formation of an army that would defend against them.

As I said before, get a better actress to play Padme.

Shorten the fireplace scene.

Replace the 50s diner with... well, pretty much any other type of place imaginable.

Explain why Jango Fett, an assasin who Obi-Wan later traced to the Sepratists, would also be the template for a Clone Army being trained to fight the Sepratists.

Again, remove the stupid-looking TPM-style Battle Droids and replace them with more of the cooler ones introduced later in this movie.

Remove all the scenes about the C3PO/Battle Droid mix-up.

Give Jango Fett a better death, preferably one at the hands of Obi-Wan.

Put the deleted scenes shown on the DVD back into the actual movie.

Improve the special effects wherever they need improving.

A New Hope:

Show Alderaan before it's destruction, as well as a scene with Bail Organa.

Show a scene where the Senate is disbanded by Palpatine.

Remove Greedo shooti

17. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    Great points about TPM, Metal. As for the OT, I wouldn't change a bit, unless remove the SE attrocities.

18. Imperial_March

Imperial_March Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    There is quite a lot of pedantry here, but never mind!

The point about Padme's assassination and Jango being with the SepEratists and being the clone template do make sense though. Jango is a double agent in the same way that Dooku is. Jango works for Dooku who in turn works for Sidious who encourages the Seperatists and the Loyalists in order to provoke more chaos. Yoda rebukes Obi-Wan for making assumptions.

Just switch the emperor in esb

And have Leia use the force in rotj in the battle of endor

And that'll be fine with me.

19. Darth_Hawkeye

Darth_Hawkeye Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    TPM:

Add a more roguish-good guy, someone in the mold of Harrison Ford/Han Solo. This could most easily be done by making young Obi-Wan more cocky and arrogant. Perhaps a little more defiant. Or, you could make Anakin a teen-ager with similar traits. With this scenario, Anakin and Padme would be closer together in age, but you would have to shorten the time span between Episodes I and II, which shoudn't be a huge problem.

I agree with many of other suggestions for plot changes already made in this thread.

AOTC:

Lose the Naboo scenes. Have Anakin and Padme fall in love while stowing away on some freighter. The adverse conditions can help enhance the love story between them. It would also better parallel the Han-Leia love affair in ESB.

OT:

Find a new actor to play Luke. Preferably someone who doesn't whine and scream like Mark Hamil.

20. The_Deal_Alterer

The_Deal_Alterer Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Of course these changes will NEVER occur, nor would I expect them to. I am very pleased with ever chapter of the Star Wars Saga, however if things were up to me from the start I'd probably have changed some things to my liking as well.

TPM
    1) Inroduction of Bail Organa
    Perhaps he could have been on Coruscant when the Queen arrived. He could have supported Palpatine's plan for a vote of no confidence.

2) Have Obi Wan join Qui Gon, Padme, and Jar Jar during their encounters on Tatooine.
    This could have established an better relationship between Kenobi and his master, not to mention one with Anakin as well.

3) Anakin already a teenager...in addition to being an expert technician and pilot.
    This could have established more of a "friend" relationship to Obi Wan, rather than that of a father and son. Also, the space battle would have more credibility.

4) Dooku as a member of the Jedi Council. A brief scene with him and Qui Gon regarding Obi Wan and the state of the republic would've been nice.

AOTC

I can't think of too many right now, but off the top of my head....

1) Insted of Anakin and Padme hiding on Naboo, they should hide on Alderaan under the supervision of Bail Organa.

2) Yoda NOT the former master of Dooku.

21. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Explain what reason Sidious would have to send Darth Maul to track down the Queen after she escapes Naboo, since her actually making it to Coruscant to nominate Palpatine for Supreme Chancellor is a vital part of his plans.

Actually, that's incorrect. He didn't want the queen to come to Coruscant because she was a wild card. He didn't know for sure he could convince her to cast a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum, and in fact, she adamantly refused at first, and if she hadn't eventually and reluctently agreed, Palps would have had to do some fancy footwork to get things to fall into place. Capturing her and forcing her to sign the treaty was a sure bet; expecting her to willingly go along with his plans wasn't.

22. Enron

Enron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    TPM:

Start with Anakin at same age we see Luke in ANH.

Show a scene of the Trade Feds killing Padme's mom and dad thus explaining why she is such a young queen and showing how war is forced upon her. Would give her character some real history in the overall saga as opposed to the weak "pre-teen elected queen" crap.

Explain why Naboo is being blockaded in the first place. Taxation is to vague a reason to stand on its own.

Give Darth Maul some more lines, hinting at his personal history as well as the history between the Jedi and the Sith.

Let Obi-Wan be the one who thinks he's found the chosen one and make Qui-Gon the non-believer/by the jedi book guy.

AOTC:

Rewrite and reshoot the entire love story from scratch. Strong need for a writer who is better than Lucas. Would have worked better if it paralleled ESB's love story with Padme and Anakin on the run and falling in love rather than what Lucas forced us to see/endure.

ANH:

Greedo must never get off a shot. Han wouldn't let it happen (and back in 1977 he didn't).

ESB:

Nothing. Not a thing needs to change.

ROTJ:

Would like to see wookies instead of ewoks.

Better death scene for Boba Fett.

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    TPM:

Lose Boss Nass' spitting. I was too grossed out to pay attention.

Have Jake Lloyd cry in the scenes when Anakin cries in the novelization--when he leaves Shmi, on the ship when Padme is comforting him, at Qui-Gon's funeral. It would have added more dimension to his character.

Added a scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan showing them establishing a friendship.

AOTC:

Made the love story more detailed and intense. More kissing scenes, including a long drawn-out make-out session--maybe even sex. Put back in the scenes with Padme's family. Put back in the kiss in the meadow scene.

Shorten the Kamino fight scene between Obi-Wan and Jango.

Showed Anakin's proposal and how the decision was made to send him back to Naboo with Padme, leading to their marriage.

ANH:

Luke should have cried when he lost Owen and Beru instead of tipping drinks back in a bar ten minutes later.

Yoda should have been introduced in this film.

ESB:

I can't think of too much I would change, other than having a more gradual development of Vader-moving-back-towards-Anakin before he announces to Luke that he is his father.

ROTJ:

I wanted Vader to live at the end so he and Luke would have time to make amends! :_|

I wouldn't change anything about this movie really, other than that.

24. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    TPM

A more dynamic opening crawl. Kinda sounds like something pulled from C-SPAN or something.

Introduce Anakin as the same actor from AOTC that Obi-Wan discovers. Qui-Gon can sit on the council or something. It just seems odd that nobody even sneezes his name in the OT. Or maybe everybody gets their memory wiped.

Padme should then be Portman's actual age to match Anakin's.

Take Jar Jar back to the drawing board. He needs a complete redesign from visuals to his ultra-annoying mannerisms and voice.

Podrace aliens seem too cartoony. Put Hayden in and make it a little darker and cooler like something sponsored by Jabba the Hutt should be. And make Jabba LOOK like Jabba for cryin' out loud. Poop and fart jokes don't seem too integral to the saga. I'd leave em out.

Take out the Yoda puppet and CG him.

Neimodian accents. Spend some time coming up with a neat alien language worthy of Huttese and then subtitle.

Flesh out Darth Maul's character and give him some more screen time. He has a cool voice that reminds us of Vader. Let's use it more. That and he seems important on the movie poster.

Inject some energy and chemistry into the dialogue. Both heroes and villains should come off as more dynamic. This is a SW movie right? It doesn't matter what era it's in.

Put some more background in on Jedi and how they get trained, customs, etc. These guys are the centerpiece of the PT but it seems like all the important stuff gets left to books. You shouldn't have to be a SW geek to understand what's going on.

Scrap midichlorians. Unnecessary.

Make Palpatine the Chancellor right from the start. The whole subplot to make him Chancellor is just, well, boring and just detracts.

I'd keep the three way lightsaber fight but it would be Anakin and Obi-Wan instead.

I'd actually take the space battle out completely. ESB didn't have a space battle and it seemed to work fine.

Keep ground battle but have the character formerly known as Jar Jar in warrior role who's actually useful. Even GL's own animation team thought the antics were getting out of control. I would agree with them on that one.

IMO, TPM is definitely the weakest film. It has great eyecandy but I'd have to admit that it really seems like a throwaway film in establishing important story points and getting the saga off to a solid start.

AOTC

Much better and in many ways is the film that should have started off the saga.

No ten year gap. Just a couple of years after TPM. TPM, therefore would be set much later in the timeline.

Start the Clone Wars off sooner. They just seem too important to leave until the end of the film.

Better romantic dialogue.

Epic space battle showing Anakin and Obi-Wan flying together.

I would actually take out the Yoda lightsaber fight. It seemed cool at first but now it just seems funny. The wizard-Force standoff still looks fine though.

CG Threepio looks really CG.

It seems like some of the locales need redesigns. The fifties style bar with Dex just seems to stick out like a sore thumb. Ditto on Coruscant sports bar which seems more like it was taken from Star Trek.

ANH

Update lightsaber effects.

Have Han shoot first and if you're going to stick Jabba in, have him LOOK like Jabba that we all know and love.

This may be sacrilige but maybe use CG to make Vader's armor look more impressive like in ESB.

ESB

Not much to change. Maybe CG the walkers and speeders so they look less like models, especially with walker movement.

Put in ROTJ Emperor, of course and take out Luke's girly scream.

Also, restore dialogue to original. Vader's "Bring the shuttle" was fine just like Luke's line to Artoo in the swamp that got changed for some inexplicable reason.

I like the CG Yoda so I'd put him in.

ROTJ

Take out Jedi Rock sequence. CG the lead singer if you have to. And Boba Fett is a mysterious bounty hunter, not a pimp.

Creature burping to signal change from dawn to dusk. Not necessary.

Sarlacc burp actually makes sense. Ther

25. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I dont understand people's problems with the return of the DeathStar in ROTJ. I mean, if he knew he would be able to do episodes 5 and 6, he wouldnt have had the original Deeath Star blown up until episode 6. So he wrote himself into a bit of a corner. What did you want him to do? Any other disign would look rather silly and stupid. Did you want it to be shaped like a penis or something? (as in Austin Powers 2). So he did the best he could and made the Death Star half finished.

I do wish that the Ewoks were Wookies. George also originally wanted to do this, but he felt since he made the co-pilot a wookie, he couldnt make the wookies primitive like the ewoks are. He made Chewie a wookie because he was afraid they would never get done because he didnt know he would be able to do episode 6. Hopefully he will make this up to us in episode 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.