main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Untitled Fic Intro

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ink.Knight, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ink.Knight

Ink.Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    So if you decided to take a look despite the uninspiring thread title here's a little explanation of what that's what I put. I have no idea where this fic is going, or who's going to feature in it outside of the two OCs featured in this introduction, or even what Era it's in right now. These characters were created a long time ago, in fact they were my first. But they outgrew the original story I created for them. And while I've written snippets with them involved in various events throughout the recent EU I've never really settled on a place for them. I stumbled across a writing prompt that sparked something though, and here it is. So please enjoy and let me know what you think.

- Ink.Knight

2. Ink.Knight

Ink.Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I used to think everything would get better once we were free. Even three months, six, eight after we escaped. It took a year for me to realize that freedom was only marginally better than our enslavement. There were no more beatings, no more late-night calls to his chambers. But there was also no longer the guarantee of food at some point in the day, our master had been cruel but he understood that a slave that was too far underfed was useless. So while we had never been full, we were never as hungry as we were that first year. Things did get better, eventually, as we learned the rhythm of life outside the confines of the estate that had been our prison.

We took up odd jobs wherever we went, just trying to survive and not draw attention to ourselves as we hopped from place to place. It mainly worked, since it was just the two of us. And when we did end up gaining too much attention we always managed to disappear again. As time went by we saved up, determined to find a home no one could take from us. And the time for that had finally come.

When I walked up the boarding ramp of the battered Corellian YT-1210 I could tell this would be the one. She was in our price range and in good condition, with some modifications but no so many that learning to work with them would take forever, and she felt like home. So we bought her, officially named Firefight we changed the name to Mooncall in respect for the people we would now be able to rediscover.

We'd been young when we were stolen away, as most slaves are, and through our lives we'd made it obvious why our people weren't in high demand in the slave markets of the galaxy. Difficult to control and harder to break, we drew strength from one another through our lives to keep marginally independent as we knew they couldn't separate us without losing that which gave them leverage over each of us.

A hand on my shoulder drew me from my memories and I tilted my head back and up to look into those bright blue eyes that had been my anchor for so long. I smiled and nodded, as we had no need to speak in order to know what the other was saying, before standing from where I had been pondering our past in the lounge to follow him to the cockpit. We'd arrived at our destination, the place that acted as the center of the known galaxy, whether one acknowledged the government there or not. It was our first step to finding the truth about who we were, and a journey we would never have expected.

3. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I like the characters! Well, character, really - I feel like we only got to know one of the characters.

I'd like to read more!

4. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Is there going to be more of this? It's off to an interesting start. I have an idea what species the characters are, and I'm curious to see if I was right.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, this sounds very interesting. I have a couple ideas where this would fit kinda rivetingly LOL [face_batting] @};- I not only was intrigued by the "Untitled" nature of the title [face_laugh] but then by the history provided, and in first person. :cool: =D=

6. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    A very nice beginning. I especially liked:

We'd arrived at our destination, the place that acted as the center of the known galaxy, whether one acknowledged the government there or not. It was our first step to finding the truth about who we were, and a journey we would never have expected.