main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Untitled (Wedding/Post Wedding) - Post ROTJ - H/L - Update 8/4/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LeiaSOS13, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    The next three days would be the last time the ceremonies of House Organa would be performed.

That is a sad line. knowing what happen to her entire world. Its like a final closing.

I have to argee that this is the perfect blend of humor and romance.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    [face_laugh] I love it! Not only do you have plenty of romance, but a fair share of humor to go with it! The bit with the pillow and the enemies was great!

Great post! :)

3. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    According to my calendar, it is now January 16th... this mean it is the MIDDLE of January and no new posts! *makes puppy-dog whimpering sounds* :(

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    This is an incredibly cute story. I'm so glad I found it. :)

~~Jilly

5. LeiaSOS13

LeiaSOS13 Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2003
    Hello Everyone! I wanted to let all of you know that I'm not lost forever, and was fortunately able to unbury myself from my mountains of homework and the such.

I would like to appologize for not posting earlier, and for not currently have the next post finished. My parents kept me hard at work over winter break, so I was unable to work on this beauty. Now that I'm back, and have completed the first two long and tedious weeks of classes, I have started work on the next post. I'm being rather particular on this post since it's about the traditional Alderaanian wedding and the celebrations of the House Organa. My goal is to have it done and posted by next weekend.

Thanks again everyone for the great responses and for being so patient with me!!

6. LeiaSOS13

LeiaSOS13 Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2003
    Guess what!! I'm back!! :) This isn't as long of a post as I would have liked, but I want to make the actual three day wedding ceremony just right, and since I'm so slow that seems to be taking some time. I'm going to try to start updating more regularly, but that may change when classes start up in mid-september. I hope everyone enjoys this story! Since this is my first fanfic, with the exception of a small challenge I accepted a while back, I would greatly appreciate any comments, requests or criticism. Feel free to be cruel...I think I can handle it.

A half-hour later Leia was dressed in a traditional white Alderaani dress. Today was to be the first day in a traditional, three-day-long, Alderaani wedding. The ceremonies held the day before had been authentic and, as far as the New Republic was concerned, she was officially wed to Han. However, Han had understood her need to go through with the Alderaani wedding. The next three days would be the last time the ceremonies of House Organa would be performed.

As a young girl Leia had always loved the wedding ceremonies of her people. Admittedly she had found the morning traditions of the first and second day of ceremonies rather boring, but as she had grown and matured she had begun to understand and even appreciate those traditions.

Aili Ma?suri, the Bride?s Day, is the first day of the ceremonies. On this day the bride and groom spend a full day with the bride?s family and friends. The day often begins with stories of the bride?s childhood interests, embarrassments and accomplishments, followed by celebratory traditions and meals, and ending with dancing and toasts to the couple. Although Aili Ma?suri is usually similar for all brides, the entire day is rooted in the traditions and beliefs of the bride?s family, and each family has created some bizarre and unique traditions through the generations. Some families even have traditions that are kept a complete secret, only known by the family members who have been married and the friends invited to the wedding. As a child Leia remembered complaining when the married adults and family friends went to a separate room for what her father called their ?rites of passage to married life.? Leia and the other children and unwed family members would always argue the ridiculousness of such secret traditions, but were always told the traditions were secret for a reason. Leia was still convinced the traditions were withheld because anyone who knew about them in advance would never marry just to avoid the embarrassment that she was sure the traditions created.

Aili Sulindo, the Groom?s Day, is the second day of the ceremonies and is similar to the Aili Ma?suri. The main difference is that the focus is now on the groom as the groom?s family and friends share stories about his childhood and go through with their own family traditions. Leia was looking forward to getting Chewie to share stories about some of Han?s past adventures.

Aili Poliana, the Union Day, is the final, and most important, day of the ceremonies. It is the day devoted to the making of vows and the ritual binding of the new couple, and is finished off with hours of celebrating, toasting, and some traditional pranks. This is the day that most resembles the common marriage ceremony. However, this day is only open to family and friends. Those marriages that are of public interest have a simple, public binding ceremony on the morning of the fourth day. It was this public binding ceremony that Han and Leia had held the previous day. Leia had agreed to hold this ceremony early in hopes of fooling the public into believing the traditional wedding had already occurred.

Leia stood in front of the mirror, her hairbrush hanging forgotten in her hand, as she recalled memories of weddings she had attended as a child and tried to picture Han and herself as the bride and groom. Han walked up behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders, waking her from her moment of nostalgia.

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Placing bets! That's great!

a traditional, three-day-long, Alderaani wedding Wow, three days.

The next three days would be the last time the ceremonies of House Organa would be performed. Aw!

This is great! =D=

8. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    So sweet. Love the H/L!

9. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    It's sweet, but also sad that Leia's family is now only Luke, and Han will only have Chewie, who isn't even 'family', but a friend. It makes one realize how few connections those two have at this point in their lives. :(

I'm glad you started up again, even though I had to reread the entire thing! :-B

10. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Interesting backstory you have there, LeiaSOS13. I appreciate the ingenuity it sometimes takes to create and write such a beautiful set of traditions.

Oh, and the Han and Leia part is nice, too. [face_laugh] You've got all the H/L-ers here, so I'm sure that you'll be well taken care of. We're nice people, us old-school H/L people :D

Can't wait to see where you take this!

*KR*

11. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Lovely! Can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.