main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Unused concepts from TFA for Episode 8?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Dec 25, 2015.

1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Just opened the ART OF book and there was some INCREDIBLE stuff in there.

Anyone think there will be some stuff that was discarded from TFA to keep in streamlined and more nostalgic that will show up in the next two movies?

Rian Johnson is writing of course, but certainly he sat down with the story group.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Am sure they'll re-use concepts for the next movies or even on Rebels.

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Was wondering the same thing. So many outstanding ideas there.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  4. TROR

TROR Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    [​IMG]

I sure hope they use this guy lol

Ghost likes this.
  5. Berry Kenobi

Berry Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    I really liked the nostalgic trips they made in TFA. Would be fun to maybe see some more in Episode VIII but not to much thou :)

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  7. Berry Kenobi

Berry Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    Is he from the same species as Yoda?

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Seems to be!

9. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Yeah it appears as though they through around a LOT of way out awesome ideas that just couldn't fit into a movie they wanted to relaunch SW with. I'm guessing that they developed a very expansive universe but didn't have the stories to accompany them, especially with the time frame of the re-write (they had to keep it simple and to the point). I can DEFINITELY see them exploring many of these in the next two movies. Rian Johnson was pretty much hired on as soon as JJ began filming TFA so RJ had a year to write stories, outlines, and finally the screenplay. And this is what he loves the most. So unlike with TFA where they had to look at Lucas' ideas, Arndt's ideas, then do some MAJOR work in the matter of two months, RJ had a year to pretty much work mostly alone and do what he wanted. He was likely hired for his vision and would be writing both Ep8 and 9 (only directing 8 though and have a director who is solid for 9).

Can't WAIT to see what they have in store for Ep8 now!!! I wouldn't be surprised if they extended this saga out to 4 episodes.

10. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    A LOT of people, especially on this site, are suggesting that the Anakin/Vader appearance may end up in Ep 8 because of the fact that Rian Johnson is directing.

I will get that Art of book eventually. Just need to finish the Novelisation.

11. TROR

TROR Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Will Hayden Christensen be reprising his role as Anakin? :^)

12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    There was a rumor ppl were starting to train him...

13. solrdzm

solrdzm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    I think hayden would appear as anakin's force ghost because we have seen Anakin like a Jedi hero, like super villian (Darth Vader) but not like a wise Jedi who now he is one with the force it would be interesting seeing Anakin again because I think Anakin has a lot to teach his legacy

Enviado desde mi SM-A500M mediante Tapatalk

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love to see the early lightsaber and other members of Yoda's species. I love learning about Jedi history.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Krueger like this.
  15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

You mean in the film or see them at all? Have you not seen the concept art?

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    See them in the film. I've seen the concept art.

ShaneP likes this.
  17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yes. I think a lot of TFA concept ideas will be pushed to Episode VIII including Anakin having two ghosts to Kylo being more machine.

18. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Personally, I doubt it. While they likely are going to incorporate TFA concepts (ones we haven seen) into VII, I find it unlikely that they would publish concepts that they planned to use in future films in this book.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    It would be cool if Leia's 'Sledgehammer' makes an appearance in VIII, or maybe IX since the sight of it slamming into Star Destroyers would be the highlight of a climactic space battle to end the ST

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  20. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012

Yeah. I hope we see the Republic escalate their weapons now too. Sledgehammer could be like an old battering ram weapon. Totally rips ships in half.

I actually just wrote out an EP 8 plot line where Leia ls like veering further into weapons mode, almost to the point where she starts to seem...Imperial...in her quest to end the First order.

21. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

The NR might not have any other choice but to increase their weaponry after the loss of Hosnian Prime. The events of TFA would surely put them on a war footing.

I can see them getting directly involved now.

And a super weapon might help deter any further FO evil acts or at least make them think twice.
    Maybe that's something they're saving for IX?

22. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012

So in that EP 8 plot thread I wrote that Leia is now Chancellor and decides to attack the First Order. Coruscant now has a huge ring like structure (looking eerily like the unfinished death star in a way) being built around it, which when operationall would created a field around the planet to protect it from any enemy fire. (Kinda like how government buildings now all have gates and protective barriers to shield themselves) Then Leia invade First Order space and uses the sledgehammer again the FO fleet. (which is now painted all red)

Or conversely, death star tech should go small. Like say, a cannonball. Something that can be fired out of a Star Destroyer, land on a planet, and explode. (Again, mirroring our own world with the threat of small briefcase explosives)

Thorin Oakenshield and ShaneP like this.
  23. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    DarkGingerJedi, yeah maybe a ring like a SW version of a missile defense shield or a DS defense shield. I could see that.

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I love the red Star Destroyers.

25. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see Leia's warhammer in Episode 8. Imagine if Leia becomes very cold and hard and, after Han's death and the idea that her son cannot be turned, she starts to kind of lose it. She orders the construction of this new superweapon to completely wipe out the First Order because, well, nobody else can. She still hasn't heard from Rey or Luke and has pretty much given up. Luke learns of this and there is a bunch of tension. That and the conflict between Kylo and Rey turns the entire Skywalker family against each other-something that Snoke REALLY wants to happen in order to wipe out the Skywalker family once and for all.

That would be a very clever way to twist things around. Turn the most disfunctional galactic family against each other in order to wipe them out. Along come Finn and Poe to fix things.

Thorin Oakenshield likes this.