Roch, NY UNY Con

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HothGirl, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    UNY-Con
    Upstate New York's Premiere Gaming Convention

Dates: November 5-7, 2004
    For more information: http://www.uny-con.com/

Members of the NorthEast Remnant, along with members of the Rebel Legion and the local FanForce chapters, will be in attendence and we invite you to join us!

Along with featured artists, the 'Great Luke Ski' will be there, a costume contest will take place and of course, plenty of gaming! Those that wish to participate in the gaming aspect of the con, can earn a day pass for gaming by doing some volunteer work (please let me know if you'd like to do this and I can get the information to you). A schedule of events and guests can be found on the website so feel free to take a look.

Hope to see some of you come out that weekend and join us for some fun!

~ Katie
    BH, DZ 7914 - NorthEast Remnant

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    We disscussed this before but I am not sure that we as a Fan Force chapter wanted to get involved. Have we tried contacting the promoter about doing a table for the chapter? If so, have they responded back? We could do one the day of the costume contest if we are going to help organize that. Or one all weekend if someone is going to be there. I would go for one day for that and doing a table if we can, but I am not to sure about the $20 admission. We shall see.
  3. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was under the impression that The Rebellion was sharing the table with the 501st & Rebel Legion. I think we should have coverage for all 3 days as to my knowledge myself, Darren, Tom & Daria are attending at the very least and we could rotate duties between the Tranquility and SW combo tables.

~Doc_Bev
  4. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    And I'll be there all weekend.

I figured that any of the groups that wanted to help out would just share a table since we are the local groups. :) We do have a table in an area that doesn't close down, so we can work whenever is best of us.
  5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    OK so this has already been cleared with the promoter and everyone? Sounds good then. Does anyone know when we will find out when the costume contest will be? I will probably be there at least one day when ever that is.
  6. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just out of curiosity, who is planning on attending this con? I know I plan to, as long as we don't have any new bundles of joy arriving ;). I can watch the fan table while I'm there, do we think that we have all the time slots covered for staffing the fan table?

Sorry about the incoherance of this post, I was up til 1:30 watching the stupid Baseball game I-).
  7. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not sure on the costume contest yet, I'm waiting to hear back on it.

As far as the time slots go, we can be there whenever we want. The con goes from noon on Friday until six pm on Sunday and some of the stuff doesn't close.

On Friday, I won't be able to be there until probably six or six-thirty at the earliest, but I can be there pretty much whenever the rest of the weekend. We could set times so we're all on the same page and everyone knows when everyone else will be there.
  8. BlueRoommate Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you guys are there Sunday afternoon, you can come crash the wedding reception... Then again, I should maybe clear that with the bride first....
  9. DarkjediAssasin Jedi Knight

star 1
    i'm going to try and go, i will need a ride if i can go but I'm going to see if I have the abitily to go first.
  10. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I got an email from the promoter stating that the costume contest is going to be on Sat Nov 6th at 3:30pm.

Darren, Connor and I will be there most of the weekend between the SW combo table and the Tranquility's table. I'm hoping we can keep the table manned by 1-2 of us maybe between the hours of 6pm-9pm Friday, 10am-9pm Saturday and 10am-6pm Sunday. Plus we'll need a little time for set-up on Fri and tear down on Sunday. I think it might be a little too ambitious for the amount of volunteers we have, but it's a plan... If people want to "sign-up" for time slots it might give us a better idea if we can make this plan work or not.

We'll be bringing The Rebellion banner and the 501st banner - not sure if we could fit both on the table. We're looking into a stand so that we could have one on the table and one in the air behind the table. We'll also be bringing some of the same 1/2 sheet color flyers for each group that we did up for the DVD release. We'll probably bring some of the same props too if there's room for them. I think Jeff still has the photo board for The Rebellion.

~Doc_Bev
  11. DarkjediAssasin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just to let you all know, i'm good to go for any time. I'll just need a ride
  12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    I will have to bring the photo board to the Halloween Party and give it to you then since I will not be at the con Friday. I think I will be there all day Sat only. I may as well go and pay the $20 since its the only thing going on here until next Nov. I just wish there was some activity besides the Contest that I will be interested in. It will be fun to hang with everyone though. Especially that HothGirl who we do not get to see enough of, and our new and or returning members, if any. We should get a few new members out of it, I hope.
  13. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here's what our schedule's looking like:

Friday
    Darren - 501st/Rebellion ??pm-9pm
    Nicky - Tranquility 12pm-6pm
    - Rebellion/Rebel Legion 6pm-9pm

Saturday
    Darren - 501st/Rebellion 10am-9pm
    Nicky - Tranquility 10am-3pm
    - Rebellion/Rebel Legion 3pm-9pm

Sunday
    Darren - 501st/Rebellion 10am-6pm
    Nicky - Rebellion/Rebel Legion 10am-2pm
    - Tranquility 2pm-6pm

Basically all 3 of us will be there all weekend long. I think we're only doing costumes on Saturday and club/sci-fi t-shirts the other two days.

DarkjediAssasin we can give you rides back and forth as long as you're able to do the same hours we are.

~Doc_Bev
  14. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be there all three days...all day Saturday and I may head out an hour early Sunday, depending how I feel since it's a couple hour drive. Friday night I will be there, but it'll be probably six-thirty at the earliest before you see me.

More than likely, I'll be in costume all weekend...may even pull Sabe out for a bit if I'm feeling adventureus. ;) I'll have my female tusken as well and possibly a Leia if my hair returns to it's normal shade. Not sure if I'll gear up Friday or not, I may just throw on the tusken since it's next to no work. We'll see.
  15. DarkjediAssasin Jedi Knight

star 1
    thanks, I'll only be going on friday though seeing how I only have this week and next before finals, which sucks. I'm free all of friday so whoever is giving me a ride could just let me know when you want to pick me up and I'll be ready to go. I've been looking forward to this for a while now
  16. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks like I will be there something like noon till 4 or maybe 5 on Sat. if I can get in just to do the table for free. To much to do on the weekend. Sunday is out of the question it seems. My Grandmother is up house sitting for my Parents while they are in Hawaii and the only time I can see her is the weekend. Its at least their second time they have been there and still not seeing Pearl Harbor. Thats the first thing I would do. Anyway see you Sat. I'll be in my Rebel Scum glory of a costume. The only one for now. I really have to get the elastic sewn to these pants. I tried some Velcro things around my ankles but that did not help much.
  17. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    My Tentative plan is:

Saturday 10AM - 6 PM (501st & Rebellion)
    Sunday 10 AM-12 PM 4 PM-6 PM (501st & Rebellion)

Saturday in Costume, Sunday in Sci Fi T-Shirt

I can't make Friday until 9:30 PM is anyone hanging around that long??

Disclaimer: As I always tell Darren and Nicky this is all contingent on when the new baby girl decides to make her appearance ;). Hope to see you all there!

Duane
  18. ltcmdrtom Force Ghost

I plan to be there
    Friday
    after work till done
    Saturday 3 or 4ish till done
    & all day sunday

primiarily will be at the Tranquility table but am happy to help out at the rebellion table too.
    Tshirt Friday night
    may be in Jedi costume Saturday
    Definatly Sunday

As For Darsolo, I can't say for sure what her plans are as she's undecided.
  19. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Does anyone want the Fanforce banner for this?
    If so I will need to pop it in the mail today or bring it on saturday. Just let me know. ;)
  20. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We do have a banner for The Rebellion that we're going to try to display along with the banner for the 501st. I don't know if we'd have space for a 3rd banner all at the same table. If it's not too much trouble, I suppose it wouldn't hurt if you brought it along with you on Saturday, but I wouldn't go to the trouble of mailing it.

More details on the costume contest...
    Here is the event listing on UNY-Con's site. The main detail of importance that I noticed was: "In order to register for this event you must email director@uny-con.com your name, category entrance and if you will be having an audio track during your presentation." The categories are: Youth, Fantasy/Science Fiction Original, Fantasy/Science Fiction/Anime Characters or Best in Show.

~Doc_Bev
  21. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry but I am not going to make it after all. I feel like Bantha Poo Doo. I woke up pretty sick Friday morning and did not go to work at all. Felt like the flu. My whole body hurt and everything and I still feel weak and all. I am just going to stay home and rest.
  22. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Sorry I missed everyone today. I worked alittle later today than anticipated. (thats a good thing - need xmas money ) :)

I hope to see pics up soon!
  23. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks to everyone that helped out at UNY Con!

It was nice to spend time with everyone again and watch the Episode III trailer repeatidly. :) Hopefully next year we'll have a bigger role in the convention and more people to take part.

The event staff seemed to really enjoy our presence there and are eager to get us back!

Again, thanks to everyone!
  24. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I had fun and it seemed like there were quite a few folks who enjoyed stopping by our table (if for nothing else than to watch the teaser trailer).

I've started uploading pictures to Rochester Fandom and will continue to add more over the next few days.

~Doc_Bev
  25. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've already got some ideas for a Star Wars LARP in mind.... and a year to work out details.....
    It should get some more interaction with the con attendees, and might even do a bit of fundraising in the process.

All that I can say so far is "Great shot kid, that was one in a million"... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.