main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH UP THE IRONS!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BlackSunBDP, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackSunBDP

BlackSunBDP Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    This is Big Daddy Payne, representing from Pittsburgh FanForce. Just popping up to say hello to ImperialRecruiter and JeweledLotus, who I had the pleasure of meeting at C2.

Recruiter, remember, if yer not broke after having been at C2 all weekend, pick up Maiden's "Rock In Rio". Awesome, awesome album.

Talk to you all later... peace!

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It's amazing how many SW fans are into metal. Did you see the Star Wars guitars at C II? I was walking buy and a fan goes up and starts playing "Ride the Lightning." I wish I had a lighter to hold up. Then another guy started playing "Iron Man." It was so cool.

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    SCREAM FOR ME BLACKSUNBDP, SCREAM FOR ME!!!!!

:D

4. BlackSunBDP

Mar 8, 2002
    Good sweet lord.

If I knew there where this many metal fans in Ohio, I'd have moved by now.

And for the record? Bruce Dickinson is a GOD.

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    That's funny, I thought God would be taller. [face_mischief]

6. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    It is kind of blasphemous to say that Dickinson is GOD... I love the guy, but come on!

7. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Just thought I'd stop by & say Hi. I'm Craig from the Omaha Fan Force aka River City Rebels. I met John & Mary in Indy. I am also a HUGE Maiden fan. Have been since 1983 when I was in junior high. From reading that earlier post, I read it as Dickinson is A God, not THE God (a little Groundhog's Day referrence).

8. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    DonC, did you, by any chance, notice whether if the guy playing "Ride the Lightning" had played "Enter Sandman" earlier? If so, then that was about the same time as I walked by there!

Okay, I'm not going to get into a god/God discussion, but I will say that Dickinson is a metal legend. The pipes on that guy could get any crowd excited about Maiden!

Hopefully, I'll be gainfully employed soon and able to catch up on albums I'm missing. I know I really want Iced Earth's boxed set. That would just kick so much A [face_shocked] [face_shocked] !

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    No I walked past right as he was finishing, I stayed for about a minute, then heard "Iron Man" as I was walking away.

10. BlackSunBDP

Mar 8, 2002
    Wow...

Whoever would have thought that I would accidentily start up a theological debate? ;)

Seriously, as a Christian myself, I would never call anyone "the" God. When I say 'insert name here' is GOD!, It's just a figure of speech I use to say that person or thing is awesome and rules.

Oftentimes people will hear me say "Mick Foley is GOD", or "Aaron Allston is GOD"... it's just a figure of speech, sorry if anyone had the wrong idea.

Back to the musical discussion, has anyone here heard the new Helloween disc "Treasure Chest" yet? It's incredible. A three-hour long 'best-of' collection with all the best from the Kiske and Deris eras.

Also, if you like metal at ALL, please sign this petition for me.
    http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/mtv_x/

11. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Aarrgghh! There's that mention of "Treasure Chest" again! I am really starting to want this album too! What's the price tag on it? If it'll fit in the budget, I might have to sweet talk Lotus into letting me splurge. Otherwise, I shall have to be patient.

Say, BlackSun, have you heard Hayseed Dixie? They do AC/DC covers in a most humorous way!

Qui-Gon_Ludo! "...But we've got the biggest Balls of them all! Some balls are held for charity and some for fancy dress..." 8-}

12. BlackSunBDP

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey, Recruiter...

You know, if yer REALLY interested in hearing "Treasure Chest", I'm sure it could be arranged. I have a CD burner, although, I could never, ever copy it for you because that's illegal and I would never do anything wrong...

13. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    We would never want you to give in to the Dark Side like that. ;) But if I "borrowed" it from you, and it just happened to be on a burned disc, that would be a different story. ;)

14. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    I just got through signing the petition to get MTV X back on the air. I don't have cable, but I do remember when Headbanger's Ball went off of the air. I was totally bummed out.

The sad thing is that I remember Z Rock and how good it was. I was listening to it one Saturday night for Metal Militia and the next morning, it was Garth Brooks' "The River" playing over and over again. I thought it was a joke, but it wasn't. It was even April Fools day when it happened, so you can understand my thinking it was a joke. :(

15. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey now its my turn to come and invade your boards!!! hehhehee

Strawbary here from Syracuse's Salt City Jedi..........

I have a stumper question for everyone.......there was a show on MTV about 4 or 5 brittish guys who all lived together in some rat hole apartment........it aired many many moons ago.

It was a classic! Does anyone remember this one?......they need to bring it back on the air........
    I will wait a bit to see if you guys get it.....

;)
    Strawbary

16. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    *thinks as she slinks away from the sewing machine for a few minutes* Was it called the Young Ones? I loved that demented show!! *grins*

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    *DING* *DING* DING*

We have a winner!!!!!
    That show rocked and I cant believe someone else remembered it......

Thats one show I wish they would bring back..
    :)

Good Job!!!
    (ok thats enough of me invading your boards.. ;) )

Strawbary

18. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    I LOVED That show!! The dude with the general stars in his forhead, what was his name Vivian? I used to watch it all the time. *Grins*

19. Deadline247

Deadline247 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    OMG...now I REALLY like this board. Star Wars and Metal...a match made in heaven.

My current faves are Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Motorhead, Ozzy/Black Sabbath, old Metallica, and Black Label Society.

Oh, and The Young Ones was an awesome show. Vivian was hilarious.

20. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    OMG! Another Iced Earth Fan! They rule! And Iron Maiden is the Best! Have you tried Hammerfall, yet? You've got to hear these guys, if you haven't!

21. Deadline247

May 13, 2002
    Someone else gave me a Hammerfall recommendation a while back, but I still haven't bought any of their CDs yet. I'll have to check them out.

My understanding was that they are really closer to Blind Guardian than Iced Earth, is that true? While I like BG, I prefer the harder edge of IE a little more.

Have you ever heard the Demons & Wizards CD? If not, I would recommend you check it out. It's the singer from BG and Jon Schaeffer from IE on guitar. Good stuff!

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Man, if they ever bring back "the Young ones" someone post here! That show rocked!!
    Vivian was a riot....who was the long haired guy?
    Has anyone found a website for them at all?

Strawbary

23. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Neil- Long haired, depressed guy
    Rick- The spastic Anarchist
    Vivian- The punker
    Mike- The "normal" guy

I love that show. The musical guests were great too. Motorhead, Madness, etc. I just wish I could find the episodes on DVD.

24. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Blind Guardian? Are they still around? 8-} Yeah, I guess they do sound a bit like BG. I haven't heard the Demons & Wizards disc. Is it really good?

Another great band is Amorphis. They were pretty much into growling instead of singing, for their first few albums, but their newer stuff is more focused on actually singing understandably. They've had quite a change in their style with the slow decline of Death Metal.

25. Deadline247

May 13, 2002
    Just picked up the new Iron Maiden ROCK IN RIO cd last night.

Good stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.