main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming Boston area conventions

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Wildstar02301, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    For those that plan to be in the Boston area in the near future...

The next Memorabilia Fest will take place on Oct. 13-15 at the John Smith Arena in Milford, MA. Star Wars guests announced are Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), Ray Park (Darth Maul), Daniel Logan (young Boba Fett), Nalini Krishan (Barris Offee in AotC), Mary Oyaya (Luminara Unduli in AotC), and Christian Simpson (movement actor for the BD-3000 Luxury Droid in RotS, Bravo 6 in TPM). (Site has yet to be fully updated, but dates, location, and guests have been announced.)

Supermegafest 2006 will take place on Nov. 18-19 at the Framingham Sheraton. David Prowse (body of Darth Vader in the original trilogy) will be signing both days.

(Note: All celebrity appearances are subject to change.)

2. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I went to the last Memorabilia Fest last month in Boxborough to troop with the 501st, while while there wern't a whole lot of people there, it was still a good time. Looks like they have a great line-up of Star Wars guests this time too!

Super mega fest is a yearly tradition for the 501st, and it is a great con. I was able to go last year, and I loved it. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it this year, as I'm moving to PA at the end of September. This isn't one to miss though!

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    By way of an update, all of the Star Wars guests that were scheduled to appear at Memorabilia Fest have been canceled by the show's promoters, as they have decided to concentrate on the 1985 New England Patriots. The Star Wars guests will likely be rescheduled for a future show.

Also, David Prowse has apparently canceled out of Supermegafest. However, Billy Dee Williams has just been added to the Supermegafest guest list for Saturday only (November 18).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.