main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Upcoming canonization of Legends characters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Jan 28, 2018.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    The bothans look the same in canon as they did in Legends. In the preview for the upcoming Darth Vader issue there is a bothan in a cantina. Looks just like in Legends.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  2. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    What about the Bane Trilogy, which I loved. I'd love to see that story, post Bane with Zannah, continued. And then to see Sith succession line continued all the way to Sheev.

This would be possible. Just pick up where Bane 3 left off. The Bane Trilogy would still be Legends, but the new books would re-canonize events from the trilogy in the same way events, characters, and places (but not entire stories) have been re-introduced into the NEU.

I loved that series. And it could still work, with minor modifications, in the NEU.

Cue the inevitable "the Bane Trilogy sucked compared to the comic book series" rants :)

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

SilentGuy66 and Daneira like this.
  3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    ^Seeing Zannah again could be cool.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Vader never actually destroyed the Grand Inquisitor's lightsaber during their duel in the Jedi Archives. He just damaged it, destroying one of the circular hilt-guards and knocking it out of his hand. The weapon was still mostly intact and fully functional. We see GI using it when they get to the Works, in a training battle against the Eighth Brother.

spicer likes this.
  5. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    I agree with you 100%. I thought it was very strange when I found out what the bothans were. I also thought it was weird how they kept reiterating that the ENTIRE species is good at sneaking and gathering intel.

6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Just like all Toydarians are greedy, vitriolic slavers.

[​IMG]

And we know all Besalisks are flabby, good-natured restauranteurs.
    [​IMG]

7. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    My children. I like to believe there's a little Ceasar in all of us.

jSarek likes this.
  8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    To be fair, though, I think Heir to the Empire implied that it was just a small group of Bothans, particularly Fey'lya's associates or followers, that obtained the plans.

9. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Every time I see this thread title I think about the Catholic Church granting Corran Horn or whoever sainthood and feel mildly amused for a moment.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    But what would Corran be canonised for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Granting miracles. 2 people prayed to Corran and got their prayers granted. No one else after these 2 ever got a miracle, but those 2 miracles were enough for Rey to declare Corran Horn a saint.

This was a huge contrast to Luke who, after becoming a martyr on Crait and supposedly bringing morale to the Rebellion, never showed up as a Force ghost or answered any prayers. And Kylo took every opportunity to mention this and remind people of this every chance he got. :kylo:

12. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    I can think of many, many, many Legends things I want to see recanonized--including a lot mentioned here--but the one that keeps springing to mind (because I don't feel we ever got enough of him before) is Jahan Cross. Can you imagine the movie they could make of this guy? Also, the "stick a different genre in Star Wars" seems to be right up Disney's alley.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  13. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    That's actually one of the best ideas that I've seen in this thread. Nice one.

Daneira and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  14. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    I don't follow Rebels closely, but I took the mention of the Hand as an opening of the door. I can't imagine that they'd use the title if they weren't planning to bring Mara back, because that would be a cruel tease for fans of arguably the most popular non-film character.

15. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I do wonder who really holds that title.

Revan, Thrawn, Mara, Kyle and Jaina have to be the top 5. (I picked Jaina over other Solo children due to Black Series figure vote)

Wonder how exactly it breaks down though.

revan772 and Darthur C. Clarke like this.
  16. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Does it? I actually feel like this was far more common in the last few years of the old EU than it has been under Disney (or prior in the old EU) - James Bond in Agent of the Empire, high fantasy and a bit of X-Files with Dawn of the Jedi, zombie horror with Death Troopers, heist with Scoundrels, etc.

The only comparable thing in the Disney era I can think of is Lost Stars ostensibly being a romance and Rogue One a 'gritty war movie' but neither of those seems like they really tacked into their genres the way the earlier works did. Meanwhile there is the case of Solo originally intended to be a comedy before Kennedy getting cold feet.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Landb, SpecForce Trooper and spicer like this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The very early EU had some genre-bending comics. Han's subplots were often archaeological mysteries, and the Devilworlds comics often touched on cosmic horror.

18. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    It's funny that you should mention X-Files-style stories, because I did write a fanfic like that some time ago. It was about two Imperial agents whose task is to investigate so-called "Force"-related phenomena . Pretty much everything they investigate turns out to be a fraud, of course. Little do they know that their boss, Adviser Greejatus, deliberately sends them on wild goose chases to keep them away from the real Force users within the Empire.

19. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Who wants to bet this news will tie in with the new streaming series and new movie series news released today?

20. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Apparently, Jaxxon is one of the characters to be re-canonized this spring in the Adventures comics by IDW.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  21. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Leland's "you wouldn’t believe some of the Legends characters that will be cropping up in various media in the coming months. Hey, if Tag & Bink can show up, ANYthing is possible" seems perfectly tailored as a reference to someone like Jaxxon, especially with the ref to goofy characters like Tag and Bink. I bet that's who he had in mind when he wrote that tweet in the first place, rather than the "tons" of Legends characters fans are expecting.

revan772 and Darth_Duck like this.
  22. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Oh I already figured out what Leland was talking about last month ;)

DarthJaceus likes this.
  23. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Jaxxon being brought back is kind of funny, but also the most predictable thing - as soon as Marvel got the license back it seemed clear he'd make it in eventually, especially since all the new Marvel writers in 2015 were constantly referencing him in interviews to show off how much they totally loved Star Wars comics.

Darth_Duck likes this.
  24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    This Jaxxon business is totally getting in the way of bringing back Domina Tagge... :( She should have been given a name-drop by Cassio in the recent Vader series. :p

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  25. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Malak and Revan would be so neat!, Considering both have fan pull and the stories and work you can do with them, well it speaks for itself.