Upcoming Conventions in Baltimore Area

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by PaSco, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaSco Jedi Knight

star 1
  2. Zericon Jedi Padawan

I'm new to the whole convention idea but i think balicon would be neat, anyone ever go before? What should i expect if i go alone? Will I be looked at like somekind of weirdo cause i don't know everything about everything thats in there? Just wondering incase someone has time to answer :)
  3. PaSco Jedi Knight

star 1
    To be honest with ya, I'm new to the convention thing myself.
  4. morning_glory Jedi Padawan

I'm from Baltimore and I've been thinking about going to FarCon on Friday night. Has anyone been before? I've e-mailed the people holding it and it seems like there will be mostly Star Trek/ Farpoint fans so I'm slightly reluctant to take the trip. Does anyone here plan on going? I'd like to see a group of Jedi armed with lightsabers walk in and face down a room of Klingons! :)[face_mischief]
  5. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    I've never been to a con before. Ponder this, I will.
  6. PaSco Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've never been to a con before either. It is majorily Star Trek/ Farpoint, but from what I've heard, The Fighting 501st has been there in the past. If you don't know what the Fighting 501st is, it is a group of Star Wars fans that dress up as Imperial characters and attend a lot of SW cons and functions. I'm sure that they'll be at C3
  7. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    ::Snort:: I don't go see the 501st., they come to see mem {face_grin] and there isn't anyone else I wish to see on those lists anyway.
  8. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I wish somehow it would be decided that Star Wars Celebration would come to Baltimore. It would be a great city for it.
  9. PaSco Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I never made it to FarPoint, some family business came up and I had to bail at the last minute.

Anyways, I've caught wind of a convention in Philly that the Rebel Legion and the 501st will be a part of.

Wizard Universe
  10. PaSco Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, the next upcoming convention is Balticon 39. Unsure if any Star Wars themed areas or people are gonna be there, but who knows. Has anyone been to any past Balticons, if so let us know if it is worth attending.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.