main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Upcoming Conventions

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LBD, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBD

LBD Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    Does anyone know if St. Louis or towns near are going to have a SW convention any time soon? Thanks

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, the only 'SW' convention is Celebration, but many SW actors appear at other general conventions.

Here's a few websites that keep track of cons accross the country, you can search by state or date.

Convention Directories:

The SF Site
    Jenga
    SciFiConventions.com

~H~

3. Stl_Imperial

Stl_Imperial Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Is anyone here making plans for going to gen-con next month? I was skeptical till I just recently looked at their web site and noticed how many SW people from the movies are going to show up. Now you couldnt keep me away from it.

4. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    What's the website for gencon? I'm thinking about checking it out.

5. Stl_Imperial

May 7, 2002
    www.gencon.com

6. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    duh. I'm an idiot

7. Stl_Imperial

May 7, 2002
    So you think you might go?

8. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    I would consider it, but I can't seem to find any info on the site. I can't even seem to find dates.

9. Stl_Imperial

May 7, 2002
    The dates are July 24-27th. The admission is $60 I think. The people that played these characters are coming:
    R2-D2
    Boba-Fett
    Aayla Secura
    Aurra Sing
    General Crix Madine
    Wicket
    the young Boba-Fett
    Sith Darth Maul
    Kit Fisto
    Taun
    Plo Koon

Outside of that you also have the people that played Gimli and Sam Wise in LOTR. Then you have people from other sci-fi shows such as babylon 5, farscape, star trek, etc. They also are having a concert with a surprise guest muscian, a life size D&D game......suppose to have like 3600 different events. It is being held in the RCA dome where C2 was held. Then of course it is a con based on first gaming and then sci-fi and fantasy.

10. Son_of_Suns

Son_of_Suns Jedi Grand Master

Mar 16, 2002
    I'm hoping to go, but it's still up in the air somewhat. I'm definitely going to WizardWorld a couple weeks after that, though.

11. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    ok, I can't find anything on that site either :(

where is this supposed to be?

12. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I would love to meet John Rhys-Davies! ...but I'm broke.

13. Stl_Imperial

May 7, 2002
    The web site is www.gencon.com. After that, click on the link for Gen Con Indy. Then just choose flash or html based pages. If anyone does have an interest in going feel free to tell me. Maybe we can carpool over there.

14. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    I'm confused as to where this is. Indy?

15. Stl_Imperial

May 7, 2002
    Yes it is in Indianapolis. It is being held at the same place (RCA dome...where the Colts play) that the SW celebration 2 was held.

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hello
    Well, it isn't quite a convention but there is a pretty big toy show this weekend. It is held every two months. I went to the last one and it was pretty cool, TONS of Star Wars collectables along with other commonly and not so commonly collected toys, video games, movies (some not even released yet on video if you know what I mean) etc...

It is 7/13/03, this Sunday.
    9am to 3pm,
    Machinist Hall;
    12365 St. Charles Rock Rd.,
    St. Louis, MO.

It cost $3 to get in, its well worth it. If anyone needs directions let me know. The road is really easy to find but the building is kind of hard to see. Also if anyone decides to go let me know, it'd be great to meet up if possible.
    Jedi Dajuan

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    oops I double posted so I am deleting it now
    J D

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
  19. Sirbob

Sirbob Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2003
    Just wanted to let you know about Ray Park coming to Indiana just outside of Chicago area!

Don't miss To Be Continued in Merrillville, Indiana on September 26-28, 2003 at the Radisson & Star Plaza Theater! Just a short drive from the Chicago Loop! To Be Continued is run by Msffa who bring you those great tropical themed parties and blender drinks.

Guest of Honor:

Ray Park - Darth Maul & The Toad in X-Men
    Rockne S. O'Bannon - Creator Farscape
    Larry Niven - Hugo & Nebula award winning author
    Corbin Keep - Music Guest
    Jason Carter - Marcus Babylon 5
    Richard Biggs - Dr. Franklin Babylon 5
    Alan Clark - Artist Guest
    Eugene Roddenberry, Jr. - Earth Final Conflict & Star Trek
    Julie Caitlin-Brown - Na'Toth Babylon 5
    Tracy Lunquist - Fan Guest

Program Participants:

Eric Flint
    The Great Luke Ski

We are very excited to have several special events planned. First, is the Bigg's & Carter Experience which is put on by Jason Carter and Richard Biggs. The Experiences teaches attendees in a fun way valuable lessons on how to act. This workshop is fun and you will leave laughing you a** off!

Second, the Push & Shove Theater Group will be performing Terry Pratchett's Mort live on stage! We also will feature a beach party on Friday night complete with a live band. Saturday night is our big Luau complete with Pig Roast and FREE food and drink for all! And the Msffa's house band will be rock'in the night away. Don't miss this Msffa party!

Don't miss out on all the great music and filk we have planned. Including featured concerts by Luke Ski and Corbin Keep. Too many performers to list!

Less we forget about all the great programming we have planed. No matter what your taste in programming we will try to have something for everyone. We also have one heck of a film room. Comfy couches, food, drink, and great films are what we are all about! No hotel chairs here! We also will have our guests in the film room doing special panels!

We are always in search of great program participants so feel free to drop us a line. And we would love to do more Star Wars programming.

So don't miss out. Sorry for the length, but I am EXCITED! Check us out at www.2becontinued.com

Bob
    To Be Continued
    Msffa

20. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Second, the Push & Shove Theater Group will be performing Terry Pratchett's Mort live on stage!

Don't know how many of your are familiar with this author. He's a brittish author and writes books and the play they're referring to was adapted to play by Stephen Briggs. I own a copy of the script and can personally tell you it's fabulous as with all of Pratchett's work. If getting a chance to see Ray Park isn't enough, this would definately make the trip worth it. To me, George Lucas is the god of the big screen while Terry Pratchett rules the book world supreme. If you have the chance, GO SEE THIS!

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Toy show coming to the machinest's hall on the Rock Road this Sunday, 9/21/03 from 9-3pm. I'm not sure what time I will be there but I am definately going. If anyone else wants to go, maybe we can meet up. They have tons of Star Wars and any other toys you can imagine, especially vintage. (Go 80's toys, the toys of my youth!!) This will be my third show, it is tons of fun. $3 to get in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.