Upcoming conventions

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by Cinnea, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I don't know if anyone from these boards is going, but there's a Slanted Fedora convention at the Doubletree in Crystal City this weekend. From what I can tell, it's pretty much all Star Trek (whatever that is...) but I just thought I'd pass that info on.

I'm also curious about how many DC people are heading down to DragonCon in Atlanta this year? If there's a critical mass (me and my hubby make two), I'd love to get together - not an official meeting, mind you, just some good old fashioned hanging around...

And if anyone knows of other fun cons around here, let's share the info! We always seem to meet people from NY or PA, but not DC...
  2. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I was just looking at a list of upcoming cons the other day. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any really good ones around here until Feb. or March next year.

Have fun at Dragoncon! I wish I was going.
  3. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be at the Star Trek convention on sunday.
  4. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    There's no media cons that I've been able to find near here until February either. WSFA (Washington Science Fiction Association) is having a con the weekend of Oct. 16 (I think) which will be veeery literary, and veeery small, but might still be fun. I'm all for supporting a little DC con in the hopes we won't always have to travel to Baltimore (or Atlanta) for something big! (Though if the Metro fails me, it seems to take just as long to get from Silver Spring to Crystal City as it does to fly to Atlanta.)

Anyone who's going to DragonCon, look for my husband and say hi! You'll recognize him by the Plushy Cthulhu in a baby snuggly. (you may have seen him at other local cons)
  5. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    There's a gaming convention in Richmond on September 27-29. The Moisture Farm Co-Op is planning on being there on Sat and Sun. This is the convention's 2nd year in Richmond.

You can get more info here:
    http://www.advantageconvention.com/Richmond%20Con.htm

Keith
  6. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    There was some talk at the meeting about some upcoming conventions but no one had the dates handy. I found my calendar and they are....

Darkover Nov. 29 - Dec. 1 (Timonium MD, I think)

Evecon Dec. 27-29 (Reston VA)
  7. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm going to darkover, Didn't know about evecon. What type is it?
  8. Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Knight

star 1
    If I recall right, EveCon is a tiny gaming con. Possible recruiting place, though.
  9. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Gaming Con???? Possible SW: TCG there?
  10. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I've never been to either EveCon or Darkover so I can't vouch for any activities that go on at either one. We do, however, have a friend who goes to EveCon (and it's summer companion CastleCon) so I'll ask him about it next time I see him. I'm sure you could at least lure a few new players in if they don't play already.

Does anyone know anything about Darkover? I'll be in con-withdrawals by then. If a group of us goes, we must visit Ken's childhood home in Timonium, Maryland....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.