main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Upcoming Costume/Prop/Armor Parties

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Ok...using our Upcoming Threads as a roadmap...

I notice that the Rebellion is kind of on a small two week break after G&W.
    We have the Serenity Premiere true but that weekend and the weekend after are pretty much up in the air.

Would anyone like to possibly have a get together on one of those days for another workshop?
    I know that we've been doing small group work..or maybe I'm just really out of the loop but it might not be a bad idea just to have a small get together while the weather is somewhat decent.

Just a thought.
    Feels so good to have an almost clear head <sigh> :)

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    The 1st is pretty open (I just have an Astronomicon mtg from 4pm-6pm), but on the 2nd is the USS Tranquility's annual apple picking field trip and Hilton Apple Fest which will probably take up the whole morning and afternoon.

On the plus side - I know how to use my sewing machine a little better now. :)

~Doc_Bev

3. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Tom & I have some free time during the second weekend in October, especially that Sunday, October 9th. before bowling. Sorry, we have Barktoberfest in the morning and a party starting at 4 p.m. til whenever.

I will also be taking some time off around Halloween (October 28th. - November 1st.) to finish up anything we need for Halloween, the DVD release, and the Auburn event. We could always have mini-costuming parties that weekend too.

4. scafencer

scafencer Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I wouldn't mind a armor making party, I kinda have an Idea now for what I want to do. I don't really have the build for a stormtrooper, but the armor bits for arms / legs would be decent for my "Bounty Hunter" costume. Since there really is no set exact design for that type of character, I figure I could have a bit of fun with putting something together and hang out at jabbas place ;)

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Using ST Armor for part of a Bounty hunter costume is a great idea. I once designed and wrote about a femal Fan Fiction, Mercenary type charrector that wore the top armor painted Blue.

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm not sure that SCAFencer wants to use Stormtrooper armor for his Bounty Hunter. I think it's more so that he doesn't realize that (at the moment) we're only set up for Stormtrooper armor and can't make anything else yet. However, I could be wrong... ;)

~Doc_Bev

7. scafencer

scafencer Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    lol with the amount of dead troopers that the empire seems to leave where ever they go, it would stand to reason that some hunter would get the idea of "Hey.. why not, they won't need it anymore..." of course the large blaster holes would need to be repaired ;)

Btw I did pick up some patterns for SW stuff this weekend at Joannes.... had to fight off alot of nasty parents that were looking for thier kids halloween costumes.

8. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Some hunters might figure on that....

The smart ones realize "This armor didn't do them much good. I better get a REAL set of armor" :)

9. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    I still prefer the fact that we look good in Shiny White... its scary, right?

My work schedual (due to some recent firings and some people quitting) is at 6 Days a week, and much like a full time job, which, when piled on top of full-time school, makes my time very limited. If we all get a date on a next-prop party, I'll try my best to work it into my schedual ^^

10. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    We've got a plate full of projects heh

Armor
    E-11
    Repairing the Boushh Staff (Ryan gave his ok)

I love it.
    Idea shop O' Plenty

11. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Just curious if anyone knows a good source for the resin kits. Classic Leia needs a gun. ]-} I may use one of my opened "Star Trek?" Tracer guns for Mara once I make a holster for it, but they are a bit small for her. (I bought them as "Star Trek" at RATS years like 15 years ago, but they don't say Star Trek and they look like Western guns, but they look identical to one MOC ST tracer gun and disks I found years later cheaper.) Many years ago, I bought 3 ST:TNG resin kits at Astronomicon's dealers' room and they were very easy to assemble, to paint and to alter to make them more screen accurate and easier to use as props especially the medical tricorder. Recently, I saw an ANH Leia gun resin kit on ebay for $40 with shipping, but didn't know what they really were going for these days. Since there are no bids on it, I figured I might find it cheaper locally or online. I was actually looking for blasters for Mara at the time. Any ideas, suggestions or sources? :confused:

12. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Akya-

Any chance they're hiring? I'm in desperate need of work, and I do have a pretty good grasp of video gaming... and the callouses to go with that grasp!

13. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    I'll keep checking back on when it wil be, because i useally work overnights on friday and saturday. but hey at 46 to 50 hrs a week i;m not complanin to much.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I know that T & DarSolo are unavailable, but we can host on Oct 1st for those that are available. That's our only free weekend day between now and when we need armor. Today (27th) we're working on armor too, but I'm not sure that many other people are free - if you are though - you're welcome to join us.

~Doc_Bev

15. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I'll see what D think's, I know I'll be needing a little bit for the tie fighter costume

16. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    I may want shoulder armor for a Royal Guard in the future as well. Not sure if I want to go all armor like some of the Royal Guards did on the 501st. website though. I guess when I'd be ready to make that decision, you'll be in full production on some revised armor anyways. Oh, I noticed on some chipped helmets on ebay - they are white under the red paint, so we don't have to worry about red plastic anyways - just the right shade of red paint that will adhere to plastic.

17. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    ok we're going to stay home & work on more of our bowling shirts

18. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    what time on the first shall we meet. and is any tools or otherthings required?

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think maybe 1pm for a start time. Since we'll be out somewhat late for the Serenity premiere the night before.

~Doc_Bev

20. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I can't make it, I'm in a friend's wedding this Saturday. Have fun!

21. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    I'm undecided on whether or not I'll be able to attend. Basically, the weather will be the deciding factor, as we have an outdoor event thing with friends out-of-town. Yet there's sooooo much I'd like to do before Halloween, in regards to puting some polish on the 'ol Ani outfit. Just superficial, quick little things. I guess I could try it myself in my free time, but I kinda lack an integral part of the equation; a sewing machine! Ah well. Maybe we'll see y'all on Saturday, maybe not. Either way, I am planning on coming over sometime soon to help out KS with armor molds...

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Sorry guys.
    I'm out for 10/1
    Too many things on my plate right now.
    I thought I had gotten rid of a lot of it but I guess I didnt.
    I'm sorry KS.

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So I guess here's what it's looking like:

Attending:
    KnightShade
    Doc_Bev

Interested:
    SCAFencer
    Nevets
    Ayka
    Akayeon

Undecided or Not Attending:
    T_StarFlyer
    DarSolo
    RSWingnut
    MadKidJedi
    Wookie_Cookie
    Modernism
    TX4277

Since KS and I have plenty to work on between now and Oct 22nd, we'll be doing prop/costume stuff whether folks come or not, but if no one else is free maybe we should just cancel the party aspect of it. People are welcome to come over to help KS with his project, but I'll probably be hogging the sewing room (& only sewing machine) trying to get my RFT finished and Padme gown started.

So if anyone is still interested in coming over - post what times you think you'd be here so we know how to plan our day.

Oh, and, Nevets I have no idea of what kind of tools might be needed for what KS is working on.

~Doc_Bev

24. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    can't make it tomorrow. have family visiting.

25. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Probably can't make it tomorrow. I have a birthday dinner for a friend at 5pm.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.