main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Upcoming Costume/Prop/Armor Parties

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Shouldnt need much as far as tools.
    Between the saw and power drills we're pretty much all square.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Well although Prop/Costume Episode II wasn't well attended we did get some things accomplished.

Are people interested in scheduling an Episode III? Or just work on stuff as folks have time?

~Doc_Bev

3. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    i say go for a ep 3.

4. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    I'm go for this. Any chance of squeezing one in (even if only for a half a day or something) before All-Hallows-Eve? I know everyone's pretty busy...

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's some possible dates for Prop/Costume Party Episode III based on my schedule for October. I only listed the weekends, but depending on KS's work schedule there may be some week nights were we'll be working on stuff as well.

Oct 8th - can't start until late afternoon
    Oct 9th - all day before bowling if no Swap Meet
    Oct 15th - slim chance of availability in evening
    Oct 16th - no availability
    Oct 22nd - no availability
    Oct 23rd - slim chance of evening availability
    Oct 29th - may have some availability
    Oct 30th - should be free before bowling

So there it is. Our priority is getting ready for the event Oct 22nd first (RFT, Chewie & TK) then Halloween second (Padme's Green Velvet).

~Doc_Bev

6. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    count on me to help on the 9th. for armor.

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We're hoping to put a little time in on the table this evening. So if anyone is free, they are welcome to come over. Although I'm not quite sure exactly what time(s) we're thinking yet.

~Doc_Bev

8. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    I've done nothing to prepare for a sale at the Public Market this Sunday, and I don't see it happening between now and then, sooooooo... if I can find a ride, I'll join in the fun at Darren and Nick's, then go bowling, albeit badly.

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So, same deal as last time - anyone interested in working on props and costumes is welcome to come to our house on Sunday, Oct 9th between 11am-11pm. Those of us bowling would obviously need to leave at 4:30pm, but would probably be back by 6:30pm. We could order pizza again for dinner if folks want.

~Doc_Bev

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We'll also be working the table tonight if folks are interested in coming over. We'll probably get started around 5pm.

~Doc_Bev

11. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Gang;

I suck. I completely forgot that with Emily's birthday on Monday (the 10th), I'm supposed to go to dinner with her at her mom's tomorrow. Which puts me out of the mix for both the Prop Party and for bowling, as the time overlaps both. I'll have to bowl make-up games on my own time next week. Don't ask me where Emily and I stand right now; even I don't know.

12. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Dar & I might participate before bowling we've got some things to finish up & & maybe we can help some others with thiers

13. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    i'm interested in going to this tomorrow. who is planning to go? Need to work on my tunic. would probably come by 1 pm.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think we had a pretty successful party yesterday.
    My Rebel Fleet Trooper can almost be called done. I think that DarSolo & Modernism got quite a bit of sewing done. And, we have numerous pieces of formed white plastic all over the place. :p

~Doc_Bev

15. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I got everything done concerning Mara's cape and found her goggles at Ski Company yesterday(clearanced because they were the last pair of that style). However, it still has issues concerning the clasp staying closed when the ends of the cape are touching. I may add a hook and eye behind the clasp as Diane suggested. However, looking at the photos again, I may not need the corners to touch anyways. I still need to make the harness, but forgot to pick up something at Joann's I needed for that and then a holster when the belt buckle comes in.

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think there was talk at Astronomicon that since this weekend was (mistakenly) a "free" weekend that we might be able to get some prop work done, but our Saturday is officially blocked off as a housework day since nothing's been done the past 2 weeks while I've been buried in Astronomicon work.

It looks like the next free weekend we have is Dec 10th-11th now that UNY-Con is cancelled.

~Doc_Bev

17. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Well we could always have a lil mini one next Sunday.

Move bowling or bowl sooner than Sunday and use the 7 hours between Meeting and TRU for Costumes/Armor(?)/Props.

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade's looking to get the workshop going again this week so if anyone has any free weeknights and would be interested in helping him out with that - let him know.

Also, at the moment we still have Dec 10th & 11th mostly free if folks are interested in a slightly more formal prop/costume party (are we up to Episode IV now?). The only other thing we have to do for that weekend is put up our tree and take our holiday card pictures.

If folks are interested then I'll focus on clearing some more workspace room in the basement so that all the stuff that was normally done out on the front porch can be done where its warm. ;)

~Doc_Bev

19. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Truthfully, I'd be up for a costume/prop/armor party, but not until after Christmas. I have taken the week between Christmas and New Year's Eve off. Since we have been so sick for so long and with Tom's work schedule, we are already behind with Christmas planning, shopping, decorating, baking, and etc. to worry about our costumes at the moment. 8-} Sorry. [face_tired]

20. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Finallly fixed the login problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.