main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC UPCOMING EVENTS - Immediate Call for Volunteers

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by haruwindsong, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    There are a number of events coming up this year (some extremely soon!) which we should consider participating in.

1. Oak Bay Tea Party Parade (03 Jun) - need a list NLT 17 May!!!
    2. Operation Trackshoes (09 Jun) - mentally challenged sports' day
    3. Buckaneer Days
    4. P.N.E. in Vancouver (Aug long weekend) - need commitment now
    5. Sidney Christmas Lights Parade

Please fwd either me or Darkside Dave if you are interested/available. We are looking at creating a new banner to reflect both the 501st and the RL, plus small leaflets containing information on the groups and links for interested parties to pursue.

2. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    So, the summer is over. For those who missed it, the PNE was great. We've been invited back for next year. I'd like to see us with more members and time off so we can do the afternoon and evening parades.
    I'm trying to put together interested persons to "troop" the Queen Alexandra Hospital for Children the Sunday before Halloween. Let me know if you're available to pad out the numbers. It isn't necessary for you to be a formal member of the Rebel Legion or 501st Imperial Legion, just that you have a decent Star Wars costume.
    Sidney Sparkles Parade is next: 24 November. I will be submitting our application mid-October, so NUMBERS people, please.
    If your costume is sadly lacking but you don't have the ability to build a decent one, there are lots of people out there with either the expertise or the knowledge of where to go for assistance. Let's get active, people.

3. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I might just be able to, but I'll have to double check my schedule at work first. I'm trying to get a costume built before Halloween, so I'll keep you up to date on that as well. Even if someone's just got a costume for me to borrow I'd be willing to come out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.