main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming Events

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Activities' started by Shara_82, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Does your chapter have an event coming up? Post the date/event here and I'll add it to our 'upcoming calender' in this here thread.

This way we can check out what everyone else is doing, and maybe get some ideas for events you might want to try yourself at some point.

If someone posts something that interests you, strike up a discussion - you never know what great ideas you might find. :)

February:
    8th - Chicago Force - a room parties at Capricon
    8th - San Diego Movie Marathon (Watching the OT movies on the Big Screen)
    11th - MNforce has it's monthly meeting and a movie February 11th
    22nd - MNforce Cartoon party

March:

8th-9th: San Diego Camping trip out to Imperial Dunes where the Sail Barge Scene in ROTJ was filmed. Our guides will be two fans who watched the filming of these scenes back in 1982.

April

5th: The San Diego FanForce invites everyone for a Five Movie Marathon on the Big Screen. The Event starts at 11am and lasts all day.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I guess I will start things off. This month we are having a Life Day party. I know the holidays are over but with conflicting schedules of the group we decided to have it in January. It is on the 11th. We rented the back room of a restaurant for it to have privacy so we can be ourselves.

3. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Thanks, Rox. ;)

I'll chuck one in for NSW - we're having a small dinner on the 17th to say hi to a Fanforce member coming here from interstate. :)

4. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Chicago Force is throwing a room parties at Capricon Feb 8.

5. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Buffalo is scheduled to be on Truckstop Intellectuals. It is a local cable acces show here. The hosts have inited us on to share our knowledge and fanaticism of the Star Wars universe. The show will be taped on January 18 and the episode will air sometime in March. I will post more info when I know more.

6. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Cool! How did you guys manage that?

7. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    MNforce has it's monthly meeting and a movie February 11th.

We also have a Cartoon party set for February 22nd.

8. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    FFWA is having a fan film first production meeting upstairs at Hungry Jacks/Dominos/KFC on William Street, central Perth on Sat 11th January at 2:00p.m.

9. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    The Boston Rebels are having a fun filled day at a place called "GoodTimes Emporium".

It's a huge place filled with Video Games,Pool tables,bumper cars,batting cages,and the ever so popular laser tag.

The date will be sat,Jan 18th @ noon.

You can check out the place here if you want to see just how big it is.

10. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Shara.....my fiance works with one of the hosts for the TV show. I was invited to be on the show before we started the North Ridge to show some collectibles, but I waited until we had a bigger group. I'll try to get some of the footage for everyone to see.

11. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Sounds good. :)

Actually, I think everyone looks like they're having some interesting stuff coming up! :D

12. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    This sounds cool! :D I'm not sure when our next meeting is...

*goes to look*

:D

God bless!

-malz

Jesus loves you!

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    The San Diego Chapter has a few upcoming events:

February 8th - Movie Marathon (Watching the OT movies on the Big Screen)

March 8th-9th: Camping trip out to Imperial Dunes where the Sail Barge Scene in ROTJ was filmed. Our guides will be two fans who watched the filming of these scenes back in 1982.

14. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    The Queensland Fan-Force is a pretty happening place right now.
    We have a Tri-Weekly BBQ/Picnic at various locations around Brisbane.
    (Which includes various sporting activities after lunch)

We also gather at the 'drop of the hat' with such occasions as;
    film premieres, bowling, billiards, theme(DVD/Video) nights and poker nights.
    Plus, to those old enough, we are renowned for our infamous 'Bar Wars' pub crawls.

As a member of the QFF, I invite interstate/international FF-ers here to Brisbane.
    The only pre-requisite to our meets seems to be posting on the Queensland Boards,
    which is also where you'll get the details. So come one come all, a merry time is to be had,
    here where it's beautiful one day, Star-Wars fandom the next.

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The Swedish FF is going to the National Toy museum where they have an exhibition of SW toys on March 15th, and then we will do some lasergame.

16. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002

[b][color=darkmagenta]Mojave Desert Fan Force Meeting Update[/b][/color][hr][/blockquote]

[b]Location:[/b] Apple Valley Gold Strike Lanes

[b]Time & Date:[/b] Friday, April 11th, 2003 at 6:00 p.m.

[b]Meeting Agenda:[/b]

[ul][li]Discuss Banner Issues[/li][/ul][ul][li]Speak on the matter of Titles and the jobs given with those titles[/li][/ul][ul][li]Collect respected dues. Largest amount for group dues is no more then a $1.00[/li][/ul][ul][li]Discuss Topic list, and think of which topics need to stay and which need to get the boot[/li][/ul][ul][li]Discuss MDFF Rules and the [b]TOS[/b] Agreement[/li][/ul][ul][li]Open group discussion on how to make our FF better[/li][/ul][ul][li]Meet new members [face_happy] [/li][/ul][ul][li]Introduce [b][color=blue]CR[/b][/color][/li][/ul][ul][li]Discuss History of our FF[/li][/ul]

[b]Directions:[/b]

Now I am doing this from an area close to my house, but please if you have any problems please go to Map Quest.com for the complete directions from your location. I have listed ?Gold Strike Lanes? Address here: 20410 US highway 18 Apple Valley CA, 92307-3050 US. Anyhow, Take Pawnee to Hwy 18, make a right onto Hwy 18 and continue down till you see a big wooden building that looks like a fort on the outer rim of Hwy 18, turn off Hwy 18 (right) it should be easy to spot, and enter the parking lot. Go inside and await the other members. If no one is there, yet please stay still and do not go anywhere. We should be there shortly after. The meeting will start precisely at 6:30 p.m. [b]all members not accounted for that have titles and position here at the FF will be overlooked for possible depromotion[/b].

17. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    OKay some Mos Alba upcoming events:

May 18, 2003
    Event: Monthly Meeting
    Where: Barnes & Noble Cafe ? West Side
    3701-A Ellison Drive, NW
    Albuquerque, NM 87114
    505-792-4234
    Time: starts between 2 to 2:30 until whenever we decide to leave
    extra info:Look for tables that will be reserved and held for us with group name on table top.

May 25, 2003
    Event: One Year Annivsary Picnic
    Time: TBD
    Where: Taylor Park (directions to be included later)
    Who is invited: Mos Alba Members and their families... and if you have someone you think would like to join. Invite them. And anyone else who wants to join in...
    Food: BYOF & BYOB (no alcohol though)
    Fun Stuff: Light saber fighting? Make your own boffer and bring it to the picnic. Board Games?!

18. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    FanForceFinland can be found from Finncon X / Eurocon event 2.-3.rd of august Turku-Finland. Check out site www.finncon.org.

We do have a small meeting on saturday and presentation table along other scifi/Star Wars groups. Steve Sansweet from LFL can be also found from that same Con. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.