main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Upcoming Events

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Good question (really) There are many preditors that hunt on the internet and parents are absolutely right in being concerned about their kids hanging out with people they don't know.

We haven't addressed this issue in a while, since our 'younger folks' aren't so young anymore and its been a while since new younger people have wandered onto the boards.

Parents/guardians of our under 18 members are not only welcome at events, we encourage them to come to events to meet us and see what we are all about. If they have any questions or concerns, we will be happy to talk to them.

2. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I'll see if my dad will come

3. DarthShenobi

DarthShenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    I acciedentaly posted something here...I thought I was posting on a different thread (stupid me)I can't figure out how to delete it...

4. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Actually this should have been bumped up anyway.

Don't forget the Uncle Traveling Vader tonight (Aug 25).

Also the next meeting is at the "twins" on Sept 25. Starts at 11am. Look for more info to follow.

What can be mentioned is that we will be wathcing the OT on DVD. Complaining about all of the changes (heh heh), and so on. This meeting will be held at the twins apartment in Indiana, PA.

Please PM Tina (Stina-Cri), Stacie (Chris-Stacina_Rajinn) or Wonk_Ay (their combined "entity" on the boards) if you have any questions.

5. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    September Meeting-Sept. 25 (See thread)

Starts EARLY. (again see thread) til whenever. Bring some food or drink. There's a list in the planning thread of who's bringing what. If your coming bring something not already taken on the list.

This will be a jammed packed meeting!

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Update posted on second post, first page.

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Whoo-Hoo! Summer trip to Vegas! YES! ha ha ha...

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Had to change my wedding date, so it's July 30th, 2005.

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Calander updated, including Terry's wedding day :D

10. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I know that it's a ways off, but is there anyway that we could figure out a date for the Feb. meeting nowish? I don't think that I'm going to be able to come home more than once that monh so I need to schedule everything that I need to do around the time/day on the meeting.

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Reposted from GreenCat336's January meeting minutes:

February Meeting will be on Saturday the 19th, at 1PM. BE ON TIME! We are going to use Metallijedi's suggestion of the card/magic shop Jahinie's for a meeting place, so we must start things on time because we can't stay there until late at night. The interclubbal will be held at the Feb. meeting. Folks that have been there said there should be plenty of room for us.

Interclubbal, as always, will be a $5 enterance fee.

[End Copy/Paste]

(Hmm, this seemed to answer Stacie's question too, even if a month old.)

Here's the address and mapquest page for you to get directions:

Jahinie Productions Entertainment Services
    430 Lebanon Road
    West Mifflin PA 15122

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=430+Lebanon+Road&city=West+Mifflin&state=pa&zipcode=15122

Copy/paste the whole address, for some reason the boards are cutting it in half. Or just copy/paste the address as needed into whatever map locating website you use.

randmcnally.com is another good one.
    Here's the map page from randmcnally.com for Jahinie's:
    http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/directions/dirGetMap.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0408299508.1105551517@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfadddiekefjmcefecggfdffhdghf.0&cmty=0

12. Akar

Akar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    This is in regards to the Episode 3 release and what you all are doing for it. I am eagerly awaiting a chance to show up anywhere in my Ep3 Costume. Please let me know what the plans are as I may be able to make it all the way up yonder.

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The plans are moving forward on SWAP sponsering an event at the Loews theater at the Waterfront. I'm awaiting word from GreenCat as to when we will be meeting with Loews to discuss the specifics.

The plans are to have a trivia contest as well as costume contest. Other things are possible but as of yet have not been further discussed. keep checking back for more info on this.

-Sal

14. Darth_Vindicus

Darth_Vindicus Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2005
    Well that sounds like so much fun I can't wait til I get my costume made, and school some people in trivia! =P

15. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    EDIT: THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY DEFUNCT. USE THE NEW STICKY THREAD AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM. THANK YOU.

Greetings, blokes.

I don't know how this got de-stickied.

I'm going to try to get it re-stickied.

Sorry,
    Yours Truly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.