Bing, NY Upcoming Events

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TreborGahKor, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreborGahKor CR, Binghamton

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Okay, it's come to my attention that we need to use the boards more, so I'm going to try and lock a topic at the top of our forums that will have a list of upcoming events for EVERYONE to see so that we know what is going on. ANYONE is welcome to come to our events regardless of what costuming group/Fanforce group you are part of. We only ask that you contact me (our rep) in advance. Thanks.

Here's a list of upcoming events:

September 21st - Cancer Support Walk at Rec Park in Binghamton, NY from 1 to 3 p.m.

September 28th - Star Wars at the Zoo at the Ross Park Zoo in Binghamton, NY. Time TBA

October 12th - Possible future event. Will be discussed and potentially approved at the next meeting.

November 1st and 2nd - Syracuse Heroes Expo - Syrcause, N.Y. - more info to follow
  2. TreborGahKor CR, Binghamton

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Thank you all who showed up to the Zoo event today. I thought we all did a GREAT job and we really drew an audience, especially considering it was raining most of the day. Thank you all!!
  3. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
  4. Wolfram1433 Jedi Padawan

Had a blast and was nice meeting you all.
  5. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For Syracuse Heroes Expo, you guys are of course all welcome to come since the con is open to the public, but if you'd like to use the changing room that has been secured for the 501st & Rebel Legion, please consider posting, PMing or emailing to let us know that you will be spending some time in costume and representing SW fandom in exchange for the changing space.
    The changing area we've had the past couple years has been very, very small and it's only fair to give space first to those who are willing to volunteer.

~Doc_Bev
  6. TreborGahKor CR, Binghamton

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    No problem, we'll change in the parking lot!
  7. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I suppose that could be one option.
    Not quite the one I was thinking of, but I guess it's up to you guys.

~Doc_Bev
  8. TreborGahKor CR, Binghamton

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    It was made very clear that the 501st and Rebel Legion were running this event. Since no one from my group is part of either one of those organizations, then you made it clear that we do not "represent" Star Wars costuming and are therefore not "volunteering" our time to be part of this event. Understood. We change in the parking lot.
  9. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Apparently, I didn't make myself clear at all. :confused:

If you come to the con in a Star Wars costume, you are representing Star Wars Fandom for this region.

I was simply hoping for some communication to know who to expect from Binghamton so we can be sure we don't over promise changing spaces or admission passes.

~Doc_Bev
  10. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Bob, it appears I read the post the same way you did.

Reminder: These forums are to be used to communicate events and not as an advertising platform for the 501st or RL.

Is it possible for Binghamton to come in & out of costume to support a FF table? Not everyone may have a costume (I'm not sure but trust Bob can answer that one). A con doesn't need to be a parade of costumes, but rather a celebration of the fandom.
  11. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    :eek: I guess some misguided people feel their fandom is better than everyone elses...

I am a member of The North Ridge Fanforce, The Rebel Legion & The 501st. I don't think any of those groups are better than another, in fact they are all good.

Too bad not everyone sees it that way, eh?
  12. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
  13. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Alright everyone lets not start a holy war over this eh?
    Its a hobby.

Gil, let Chris handle it for right now.
    Rochester FF is not having an active role at this event either by choice.
    We're on a break.
  14. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
  15. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Gentlemen. You've said your peace. Thank you both for your opinion.
  16. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Bob,
    If I could actually ever get the promotor to return an email or call and we get a table for Syracuse I would be happy to share some space with you :D

It is a public event and yes all walks fof Star Wars Fandom are welcome P
  17. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Curious the reaction this has recieved, If it's read with out any pre exhisting mind set, it says, if you'd like to use the secured changing room, please be willing to put in some time volunterring (possibly, set up, table time, guests errands, teardown) .

Nowhere in the above statement, was it said or even implied that any fanclub was better than any other. Nor was it said that any one fan club is running an event. I'm pretty sure it's the promoter running it. Speaking of the promoter.....they tend to respond to those who have followed thru for them in the past, when left hanging, they tend to not worry about getting back to those who left them hanging.So who's fault is that really?

So if you are going to come in costume & are willing to put in some vollunteering, let Nicky know & she'll add you to the list for access to the changing room. If you're not coming in costume, then there is no need for a changing room & you're all set. Easy Peasy......

18. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The post implies that 501st/rebel legion has a lock on the con and if anyone wants to have a space to change they need to go thru the 2 groups stated. No pre mind set, Just since this is a FF message board and seems no FF representation is there it sounded pretty exclusive and since non of the members in binghamton were 501st they perhaps didnt understand the intent of the post.

and, Funny u say that about following thru... since I have never once spoken to the promotor nor have gotten a phone call back ever in over the 3 years of trying to get in the con.... so why wouldnt he call back someone he has never dealt with before? Someone couldnt possibly get the impression you state unless they have dealt with them before. So I dont really understand what your implying since I have never let a promotor down. Frankly I find your insinuation a tad flaming and perhaps baiting?

I think that all that needed to be discussed is done in this thread and you should refrain from making false accusations of ppl or trying to stir up trouble. Im going to request a mod lock this thread.
  19. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    The post implies nothing. It states that the RL & 501st already have a secured area for changing . It asks, that anyone who wanted to share it, to 1) communicate said intent & 2)be willing to volunteer some time.

No flame was intended, If it was taken that way, I guess I can't help that

I know for a fact that the promoter has responded to phone calls & emails. From what I understand, the promoter has no recall of an attempt at being contacted by anyone from Syracuse FF via email or phone. So as far as I'm concerned, the only false accuasations here have not come from me.

I do know for a fact, that Salt City Jedi was reserved a table last year, & Never showed, no calls,no explainations . The table went unused, & believe me the promoter noticed a wasted table. no insinuations, no accuasations, just fact.

Yes I agree this thread should be locked as I don't think it's fair that a person or group gets ganged up on for trying to be nice & make available a changing space that had already been arranged & only asking in return.... for some communication & volunteer time.

20. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I am locking this thread until further notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.