main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming Fall 2010 Clone Wars "TV Movie Event"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_William, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    From the JediTempleAchives site, the Hasbro 2010 Marketing Calendar has been leaked (is there ANY reason left to anticipate Toy Fair this year?, almost everything it seems has been leaked!) showing a mysterious CW "TV Movie Event" aiming for a September release, prior to CW Season 3! Question is, will this be a new CW tv movie, or some sort of Cartoon Net premiere for the CW movie from '08? The mind boggles...

[image=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9085/marketingcalendar.jpg]

2. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I don't think it'll be a new movie. Maybe episodes meshed together. Or maybe they'll show the first TCW movie. I hope so anyway. I don't think it was a good move making the introduction of Ahsoka part of a movie instead of the show, it probably makes a lot of people who didn't see the movie confused.

I think they should do what Gargoyels did, and make the movie into episodes of the show. How hard could that be?

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Saw this a few days ago. I'd be willing to place money on it being the first TV airing of the original 2008 TCW movie.

Any takers? :cool:

4. draemsu

draemsu Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2009
    I remember hearing somewhere that the seasons after the first would have 26 episodes each, but now we know they're doing 22 again for season two.

So maybe the movie will be four new episodes. That's what I hope, anyway.

5. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    How do you know that? The season seems to be ending well into April (yay), unlike last season's finale in March. That could leave room for more episodes.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Why make a big deal about an abysmally reviewed theatrical release?

It also doesn't make sense debuting this before the start of Season 3.

7. draemsu

draemsu Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2009
    The episode guide has it at 22 episodes. I just assumed they wouldn't add more numbers later to surprise us or something. Season two is also three episodes behind where season one was, so it could still end in late April with 22 episodes.

8. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Why not show it before Season 3? People get to see Anakin and Ahsoka meet, and Asajj and Ahsoka, and see why Ziro was put in jail. It would be more backstory for people who missed the movie.

9. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Cartoon Network kind of really needs to put TCW Film on TV. It is so dumb that the Film hasn't been on.

It was a really bad move releasing the film in theaters. Really bad move.

10. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    Ohhh....hmm, it's hard to tell...

considering how it doesn't say 'New TV Movie Event' we can't really know if it's new or not. But it is scheduled between the Season 2 repeats and Season 3.

It's a tricky one. Well, at least we know to expect something in September. But note how it runs all the way into October and the start of Season 3!

Yes another thing worth mentioning:

Look at how often Boba Fett's name is mentioned throughout September. I wonder what the Redemption title is supposed to mean?

11. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Compared to the other stuff on there that's a "big deal," like the release of 3-episode DVDs? [face_laugh]

No, this completely fits with the CN model of airing direct-to-video and theatrical animation in primetime. With the movie never going to any cable movie networks, this seemed inevitable, and is a big deal.

12. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    The redemption likely refers to a Clone Wars toy mail-in.

The Boba Fett tie-in relates to his appearance as the logo for Celebration 5, which acknowledges the 30 Anniversary of Empire, as well as the likely confirmation about the beginning of the LAS. So yes, there is a "conspiracy" to the emphasis on Fett. :)

13. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    The Boba Fett redemption figure is for the main line of figures not the Clone Wars, meaning it won't be an animated version of Boba Fett. The other thing to take notice of is that the TV Movie Event is not listed as a Clone Wars production right now, it's simply listed as TV Movie Event.

14. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    That calender really makes it look like this is a Boba Fett movie. If he's in the Live Action Series, this could let the audience know what happened to him.

15. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    "Redemption" = Redeem proof of purchases for mail-away. So we already know that Nahdar, "Vintage" Boba, and another figure are all going to be mail-aways. It's definitely unlikely that the third would be Boba as well.

It wouldn't make sense for the TV movie to be anything but Clone Wars related. If it were live action, it would have filmed already, and be in post-production. They haven't even begun production for the LAS.

16. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    The TV movie event is obviously referring to TCW because what other TV movie of Star Wars would there be? The LAS, as some have said, hasn't gone into production yet, and I can't see the six films being played, since they already air on SpikeTV. So it's most likely the film, since TCW season 3 doesn't start till Oct. and the movie event is designated for Sept.

17. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Could just be some kind of tricked-out airing of the live action theatrical films, though. That's certainly what most people think of when they see the words "Star Wars" and "movie" together...

18. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    This.

Or most likely a TV "movie" of three episodes put together to open up Season 3.

19. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I concur with LawJedi and ILuvJarJar...sounds like a cable premiere of the CW movie(which if that the case, I won't need to rent it!:D :p )

Ooo, bounty hunter collection in late summer-early fall...I wonder if that will be regular figures or something else.

20. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    Boba Fett is a clone. His path begun with the Clone Wars and his father died on the first of the Clone Wars. Having a Boba Fett movie can still fit within the umbrella of "The Clone Wars." If they wanted to start it at the Geonosian Arena and tell us what happened to him, it wouldn't be that hard. They'd only need sets.

They've already built the Mandalorians. That means making Jango and Boba's helmet is easy. The Geonosians are already created. If he should visit Dooku and Jabba, it's already done. We also know from the "Art of the Clone Wars" book that they've begun work on Boba already. It's not far fetched at all.

When you take all that and then look at the offers for a new Boba Fett mail-away, and a new toy helmet, all under the moniker of "The Clone Wars," you have to ask why they would sell Boba Fett toys in the Clone Wars line.

21. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Remember that this is a marketing calendar. That means that the blocks/events that you see on here may not mean when the event itself is happening, but when the marketing for said event will happen.

I see this as there being marketing for that tv movie event from around Aug to Oct. Notice that this lines up with/overlaps with Season 3. Maybe they'll be kicking off season three with a "movie" type event like they did for season 1?

But then again, unless it happens sooner, it most likely would just be the first major showing of CW movie on TV as a way to kick off the new season.

22. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    JasonW, you sound pretty confident. Wanna wager some money on it? [face_laugh]

You're building a head of steam for something that has no basis in any rumor or release. The simplest explanation tends to be the best one.

This calendar isn't just for Clone Wars. It's for the entire Hasbro franchise. The Vintage Boba, the vintage toyline, the release of Force Unleashed 2, and Celebration V's emphasis on Boba have nothing to do with Clone Wars, especially a Clone Wars movie. The initial Boba Fett appearance on TCW should be between Feb-Apr.

23. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    This is how Lando lost the Falcon.

I think it's very odd to promote Boba Fett for no reason in 2010.

24. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Personally, I hope that it is a brand new movie - and maybe even about Boba Fett! :D

25. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    It's not "no reason."

A.)30th anniversary of ESB, with Fett as the logo for Celebration V.
    B.)Inevitable LAS announcement at CV, most likely featuring Boba Fett and Daniel Logan.
    C.)Culmination of a season of TCW focused on Bounty Hunters, featuring Mandos and Baby Fett.
    D.)Collector oriented vintage line w/ Fett mailaway, calling back to his vintage mailaway.

If anything, it's pretty competent marketing synergy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.