main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming Fall 2010 Clone Wars "TV Movie Event"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_William, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Too bad it is not better evidence for a Boba-themed TCW movie. I love predicting future episodes/movies from the most minute merchandising releases... :cool:

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I see it before me now. Young Boba takes out Bane and establishes himself as the new top hunter or some such. Bounty Hunter wars ensue. Rise of the Bounty Hunters indeed. :p

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    If we view this beyond the Cartoon Network realm it doesn't make sense(it doesn't make much more sense if it is the Original film on CN either).

The Movie has shown on TV in Canada and I presume other countries as well. I could have sworn that it even showed on Spike, but maybe I'm mistaken.(I might have flipped from Space to Spike and gotten confused.)

Being that Hasbro is marketing to a worldwide audience I hope this will be something new.:)

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Only thing that gives me pause is that wonky survey we did a while back, but they'd have to be working on whatever the movie before the survey, so that's a no-go.

5. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I filled out that survey, I wonder what that was for? :confused: [face_thinking]

6. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    It's a new Clone Wars TV movie to kick off season 3. Two things... the survey a few months ago... the question was:

"The Clone Wars Survey
    You've helped make The Clone Wars a smash hit on TV and here at StarWars.com. But we still need your help for an upcoming project. Please fill out the questions below."

Secondly, during the video commentary for "Hostage Crisis" on the DVD/Blu-Ray set Dave Filoni mentioned that Ziro will be part of an upcoming project that he can't talk about, he then goes on to say that we will also see be back on Clone Wars.

I have a suspicion we will see a two hour TV movie (probably just mushing together 4 episodes of a previously planned story arc) to kick off Season 3.

Yancy

7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm sorry, give me a sec. I've still got some vomit in the back of my throat after reading that idea. :p [face_sick]

Robimus, I apologize if I came off as an ugly, pig-headed and self-centered American. I'm actually very handsome.

With my little understanding of foreign SW marketing, I thought that Canadian channels released TCW episodes at a someone... different pace, and UK markets suffered even more. In that case, wouldn't the laying out of season releases in this calendar make it very America-centric?

I also wonder how much the release of McDonald's toys, toy mail-ins and collectible updates would have on a foreign market, as Star Wars collectibles have been notoriously bad about shipping abroad or participating in mail-ins.

8. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I still like the idea of Bane doing something very harmful to Anakin (possibly kill Ahsoka) and Anakin, with his rage suppressed by the Jedi Council, instead hires Boba Fett to kill Bane and bring him his body. But when the two fight, Boba accidentally disintegrates Bane.

"no disintegrations, please..."

9. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Anakin doesn't strike me as the "hire someone else to do his job" type. Vader, sure. But Anakin's very hands-on with his psychotic vengeance.

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I wonder if they had some extra episode ideas they had from Dave & Henry's initial flurry of ideas coming into the first couple of seasons.

They said George became increasingly involved in the stories, but perhaps they had some fleshed-out stories that were "cut" for, oh, say, the Mandalorian arc.

11. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    At the end of Season 1, we had Hostage Crisis, which set up someone to go after in season 2. I wonder how Season 2 ends in this context if we get a movie as you'd think it would wrap up what happened at the end of Season 2 if it's connected. The TV Movie Event, if not an aside piece somewhat related, would mean that Season 3 could shift the story in a different direction compared to the leave off from season 2's ending.

12. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Let me speak for Canada only, I don't know how things work overseas.

To answer your question about the release schedules, its a yes and a no. For several weeks during season 2 we were actually seeing Clone Wars about a half an hour before it showed in the USA. Things got muddled a bit on Jan 4, but now we're at least even again going into this week.

Fast food tie ins always make it up here as well. That said I doubt Hasbro will be looking at Canada as a marketing priority.

There's nothing wrong with your logic because clearly the USA is the primary market for the Cartoon Network, its the fact that its a Hasbro list that makes me wonder a little if we might not be in for something more.

Hasbro often has done promotions with the Canadian networks involved with the Clone Wars, yet I just don't see them putting $$$$$ in advertising an "event" that would end up being a two year old film that everyone has already seen.

If its really a meaningful event on Hasbro's calender, as the report suggests it, I simply don't see it being something as simple as the original Clone Wars film.

I like this Ziro the Hutt specualtion.:D

13. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I posted the calender on Dave Filoni's Facebook page and asked him what it was about and they deleted the post. :)

14. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    What ever it is, if it doesn't have grievous, Cad Bane or Plo Koon as part of the major storyline, its not worth watching [face_not_talking]

Besides that, it'll probubly be a good cough "movie". Cough cough:D

15. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Robimus, thanks for the international perspective! Very infotaining! :)

Do they think this schedule necessarily means that Hasbro is promoting the "TV movie event?" Obviously this list also mentions several DVD releases and events that have nothing to do with Hasbro. This strikes me more as them acknowledging LFL's calendar year agenda.

I don't see Hasbro tying in to a "TV movie event." They haven't even tied in with the beginnings of the seasons of the show. The last big Hasbro Star Wars event was Midnight Madness for TCW movie in summer-fall 2008.

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    @ JasonW USA! USA! USA! (re FB post removal)

in general, I would think Hasbro would want to be aware of an upcoming TV event, particularly if it (a) gave them time to develop product to correspond with the event, and (b) gave them time to set up advertising for Hasbro products during the event.

17. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Darryl Depriest (Hasbro) has said in interviews that their product lines are planned out at least 1.5-2 years in advance of release. So again, unless this movie thing started production a while back, there would be no immediate, direct product tie-in.

For example, we're just now starting to get Trespass snow action figures in the first quarter of 2010.

God, I'm full of useless Star Wars knowledge...

18. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    LawJedi I'm glad you have a new icon so I don't confuse you and JasonW anymore, also that's one of my favorite TCW icons. =D=

19. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    The trick is to remember that all of LawJedi's icons are widescreen. 2.35:1 where available.

20. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Speaking of LawJedi's icons, when he changed his, he inspired me to change mine! :p

21. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Read the Official Episode guide book if you haven't already. I think you'll like what you see in there about Season 3. =P~

22. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Where would you find this if you would like to read it?

Cheers in advance!

23. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Wow, I guess that's an unconscious preference on my part. Good catch, AhsokaMiro!

24. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    You can probably find the book at a local bookstore, but here's the listing on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Episode-Guide-Season-Clone/dp/0448452472/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264027985&sr=8-1

It really is awsome. In addition to spoilers it has info on the episodes and behind-the-scenes looks at the making of the episodes and commentary from the production crew. And it comes with a fold-out poster...:)

25. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Wow, the Season 1 guide has Season 3 spoilers?

Any chance these might be divulged on, say, the "Spoilers" thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.